What are the biggest mistakes new players make?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I would suggest, when you log into the game, after completing the few gathering and craft task. You should soon unlock all T2 gear. Either craft, buy, or ask a friend for the following:
      T2 robe & T2 firestaff
      T2 plate armor & T2 Broadsword
      T2 leather jacket & T2 bow

Equip each of the armors and weapons until you are able to equip T3. Once you have unlocked T3, you can get
      T3 hood, chest, and boots, of each type cloth, plate, or leather. Also T3 weapons of your choice. Use each of those to reach T4. Now you have unlocked every type of usable weapons and armor in game. At T4 you can start thinking about the main build you want.

It will not take long, a few hours, to unlock all these if you are solo. It’s much quicker in a group.
    • - Don't stay in safe zone after reaching T4 (no more than 1 day basically) it's useless, you will earn nothing there and this game is about killing people and getting rich.
      - Always inspect people before engaging them you need to know their spells and passivs... and don't engage healers if you're alone, you'll definitly loose.
      - Don't overgear untill you're familiar with pvp mechanics... This world is full of sharks and fishes, you'll be a fish for some days/weeks/months, at least try not to be the shinny fish of the aquarium.
      - Prepare yourself to loose almost everything a few time before begining to win some wealth...

And besides that, this is my personnal opinion, but don't join a giant alliance to be safer... This is the cancer of this game, everyone under the same tags ruin the game.

Enjoy, this is one of the best game ever.
    • Exeon wrote:

Me and many others biggest mistake in Albion was joining Money Guild.

If you are a new player please join small guilds / new player guilds founded by a new player. I feel many Veterans will make fake guilds to just steal from new players. Always have a back up plan and don't let someone have 100% access to your stuff.
      I agree with this tip 100%.
      When I played this game at launch, I joined a guild that had 100% tax for about a month. I thought it was okay because I was helping the guild out, gaining city plots etc.

They got rich didn't invest in the players, they were telling people that they will help level up your islands, but only if they can use your farms. Whatever you were farming they took a precenatge of that as well. Today this guild isn't even around Anymore nor do I see anyone from that guild.

So my advice as a new player, do not join any guild with high taxes. I would say don't join a guild yet until you get a feel for the game. But if you're going to join don't join one that has more then 5% tax.

Work on building your silver/gold. Until you find out a way on making profits, you shouldn't be taxed. Also some guilds will have low taxes and then they change the tax rate when people are fame farming. So always check how much silver you're gaining from mobs.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MadamJayXD ().

• Tip : Just a hint for new players that want to be a little quicker, independet of your gear - as long as you stay in Blue and yellow Zones to level mobs/animals for hide - you might want to try to get your hand on a T4/T4.1 Demon Cape or Thetford Cape - both do a little more damage every 1Minute (demon) /15 seconds (Thetford). They are expensive but will support you grinding mobs. Just don't bring it to red/black as its quickly lost to gankers there (never wear what you can't affort to loose)
    • I've been playing for less than a month, well not a BIG mistake, an easily avoidable one is about crafting stations in cities.

Most of the cities have exorbitant usage fees, for example its more than 50% in thetford for smelting. But since I had mined and put my stuff there, I just thought to use the cheapest one available to me in the city. One city across is martlock, where the prices are mostly under 20%, some even single digit. For a new player trying to earn money, especially those trying to earn premium as free to play players. Don't immediately spend your hard earned silver on the ridiculous prices of cities with monopolies or high prices. Remove all items on you and use the travel merchant to travel to all cities(its free that way) and look at the prices for crafting station at each city. With this information you can decide where you feel is worth your time bringing your goods to so that you can have a cheaper fee for using the crafting station.
    • My biggest mistake was getting an island before I could afford it.

If you get an island, build a farm FIRST. This is very important, and plant carrots. Then when you upgrade it, you can build other things. But farming and carrots should always be first. Also try to water your carrots (using focus) so you get seeds. Otherwise you have to keep buying seeds. It may not seem like much, but that gets expensive when you are a lowby.

Did I help? Please use my Referral Link.
    • Lexinator wrote:

My biggest mistake was getting an island before I could afford it.

If you get an island, build a farm FIRST. This is very important, and plant carrots. Then when you upgrade it, you can build other things. But farming and carrots should always be first. Also try to water your carrots (using focus) so you get seeds. Otherwise you have to keep buying seeds. It may not seem like much, but that gets expensive when you are a lowby.
      But you only need to water half of the carrots as they guarantee 2 seeds each when watered. Watering half will always give you enough seeds back to fully replant
    • My bigggest suggestion is: Train your combat on a map that matches you "Reaver" skill.
      Journeyman Reaver grants extra damage on t3 monsters, for example. Go to t3 maps.

Also, if you can spare one or two sets of equipment, train in black zones next to the portal. T3 black zones maps will give you an INSANE ammount of fame compared to blue/yellow maps. And you'll learn about the pvp earlier too. Fast progress, more experience to the character AND to the players mind.
      Martlock/Bridgewatch/Thetford are amazing cities for newbies fighters thanks to the t3 black maps being directly connected to them.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Also, if you can spare one or two sets of equipment, train in black zones next to the portal. T3 black zones maps will give you an INSANE ammount of fame compared to blue/yellow maps. And you'll learn about the pvp earlier too. Fast progress, more experience to the character AND to the players mind.

Martlock/Bridgewatch/Thetford are amazing cities for newbies fighters thanks to the t3 black maps being directly connected to them.
      Just a heads up, really be by the portal AND make sure you are not wearing anything you can't afford to lose. This includes the mount and stuff in your inventory!
      I made that mistake once.... And only once :D

Did I help? Please use my Referral Link.
    • New

Lexinator wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Just a heads up, really be by the portal AND make sure you are not wearing anything you can't afford to lose. This includes the mount and stuff in your inventory!I made that mistake once.... And only once :D
      I am totally going to try this! Dressed to die of course.