State of Hellgates

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • State of Hellgates

      SBI, you broke your own game with RDG, there is 0 incentive to do any other content in the game.

      I came back to the game after a 4-5 month break, just to see that everyone is running rdg. hellgates are dead, and with reason. the fame is shit, the loot is shit.

      HG is one of the only ways you can get a fairfight in this game as it will be 5v5.

      I understand everyone is hyped with rdg and its good that people are getting out of caerlon etc etc but the rewards shouldn't be better than Hellgates.

      I was hyped to come back to albion but albion without HG suuuucks
    • I wrote about this last week as well. HGs just need an additional buff of some sort to incentivize the risk to draw more groups back. The fame buff was ok but loot needs to be looked at. Maybe something like add 10 of those 10k silver tomes per player to the final boss loot. If teams knew they were guaranteed some sort of silver for winning and running gates became more lucrative you would see more participation. We just saw added incentive work dramatically for activity with the dungeon system.
    • iced0ut wrote:

      SBI, you broke your own game with RDG, there is 0 incentive to do any other content in the game.

      I came back to the game after a 4-5 month break, just to see that everyone is running rdg. hellgates are dead, and with reason. the fame is shit, the loot is shit.

      HG is one of the only ways you can get a fairfight in this game as it will be 5v5.

      I understand everyone is hyped with rdg and its good that people are getting out of caerlon etc etc but the rewards shouldn't be better than Hellgates.

      I was hyped to come back to albion but albion without HG suuuucks
      My dear,

      You're sorry, but HG has another purpose since the changes a few years ago, the HG aims to actually find a rival team to fight.

      Since the RDG the focus is fame, it can happen to appear an enemy group, but is fame the focus, is the HG the rewards are better !!!

      regards.
    • IPSAmazon wrote:

      iced0ut wrote:

      SBI, you broke your own game with RDG, there is 0 incentive to do any other content in the game.

      I came back to the game after a 4-5 month break, just to see that everyone is running rdg. hellgates are dead, and with reason. the fame is shit, the loot is shit.

      HG is one of the only ways you can get a fairfight in this game as it will be 5v5.

      I understand everyone is hyped with rdg and its good that people are getting out of caerlon etc etc but the rewards shouldn't be better than Hellgates.

      I was hyped to come back to albion but albion without HG suuuucks
      My dear,
      You're sorry, but HG has another purpose since the changes a few years ago, the HG aims to actually find a rival team to fight.

      Since the RDG the focus is fame, it can happen to appear an enemy group, but is fame the focus, is the HG the rewards are better !!!

      regards.
      Not sure where you're coming from but no, I'm not sorry.

      I agree with you that HG's purpose is to find a fair fight . However, no one shows up in Hellgates because RDG rewards are better. Therefore i cannot find a rival team.
    • While RDGs are really good, I can totally see where you are coming from. They usually implement something and never care to look at what it will do to the other aspects of the game. The same thing happened when they implemented roaming mobs and didn't balance anything else. Suddenly, roaming mobs are the best thing to do in the game, and it destroyed small group PvE for a while. They have to begin thinking about balancing the game a whole, and not focus on only one aspect and leave everything else.
    • Hellgates were for sure the most appealing aspect of this game and the main reason why I had so much fun in Albion as I could constantly go in them with friends and improve my game play by fighting other people. I've probably done close to a thousand at this point and I have an almost full hard drive of mostly hg recordings.

      The problem is they have been repeatedly nerfed while at the same time everything else has been buffed to the point where hellgates are irrelevant.

      A year ago, if you wanted to train a team how to fight even playing field you went into hgs and fought other teams, now you do scrims. Before, hgs were the best place to find runes/souls which were required for crafting gear - now you get them everywhere including passively from energy. When there was no IP caps it was super competitive, now you're lucky to even find a farmer group in there.

      Some of the best rewards you can receive from Albion Online is through 5v5 content. You can take territories worth millions a day as five people and make yourself rich in crystals as well. The only problem is that gvgs and cgvgs are on a set schedule. Hellgates aren't, which is fine, but you're never going to find other people in them to fight if there's no reason to do them.

      The past few updates have been a strong push towards zvz and away from 5s/small group content. I'd love to see a more balanced approach and make hgs relevant again without pushing 20v20 hellgates.
    • Agreed, random dungeons are better fame, better loot, and less risk. There should be some form of fame or silver incentive to do hellgates. I've posted before I think the loot should be improved. Also in my opinion the IP scaling should be reduced from 50% to the royal zone 20% to discourage teams from bringing gear far more valuable than hellgate rewards could offer, and make losing less discouraging to new players.
    • sekcmustard wrote:

      Agreed, random dungeons are better fame, better loot, and less risk. There should be some form of fame or silver incentive to do hellgates. I've posted before I think the loot should be improved. Also in my opinion the IP scaling should be reduced from 50% to the royal zone 20% to discourage teams from bringing gear far more valuable than hellgate rewards could offer, and make losing less discouraging to new players.
      Are you referring to yellow zone hellgates? Because as far as I recall those are hard capped.
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

      sekcmustard wrote:

      Agreed, random dungeons are better fame, better loot, and less risk. There should be some form of fame or silver incentive to do hellgates. I've posted before I think the loot should be improved. Also in my opinion the IP scaling should be reduced from 50% to the royal zone 20% to discourage teams from bringing gear far more valuable than hellgate rewards could offer, and make losing less discouraging to new players.
      Are you referring to yellow zone hellgates? Because as far as I recall those are hard capped.
      soft-cap... anything above 800 IP gets reduced by 80%
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

      T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

      100/100/90/90 Holy Specs
    • HG loot revamp proposal for black/red 5s:

      *Each mini boss drop one 10k silver bag per party member along with regular loot tables.

      *Final boss drops 5 10k silver bags per party member along with regular loot tables.

      *Increase tome drop rates to highest % in game in gates.

      *To avoid trolling and gear crunching create an average IP floor of 1000 IP and ceiling of 1100 IP. This makes sure to avoid flat 4 trolling hoping for no contact with the increase rewards.

      These added incentives would make gates more competitive reward wise again compared to other recent changes in the game.