Testserver Patch Notes - Oberon Patch 2 / F2P Launch

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Robinhoodrs wrote:

The "Show Effects" option has been removed from settings (default: on)
      Why? You do know there's people that play this game that can only take part in ZvZ's with this option set to "self only" right? Without this they can't engage in medium to large scale fights at all. What's the reason behind this being removed?
      This has been updated to the following:
      • All visual quality settings/presets now have "Show Effects" set to "All" by default
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Why? You do know there's people that play this game that can only take part in ZvZ's with this option set to "self only" right? Without this they can't engage in medium to large scale fights at all. What's the reason behind this being removed?
      • All visual quality settings/presets now have "Show Effects" set to "All" by default

That's not what I'm getting at here, the actual option itself "Show Effects" has been removed and everyone now has it set to "All"... we have multiple people that can't play the game correctly with this setting on as it just lags and crashes their game.

Will this option be only temporally removed or is permanent?

clap
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

That's not what I'm getting at here, the actual option itself "Show Effects" has been removed and everyone now has it set to "All"... we have multiple people that can't play the game correctly with this setting on as it just lags and crashes their game.
      Will this option be only temporally removed or is permanent?
      The change was updated:

• Dagother wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

That's not what I'm getting at here, the actual option itself "Show Effects" has been removed and everyone now has it set to "All"... we have multiple people that can't play the game correctly with this setting on as it just lags and crashes their game.Will this option be only temporally removed or is permanent?
      The change was updated:

I'm not being retarded here am I?

So here's the live game currently;

As you can see the 'Show Effects' option is there, along with the selection of 'Off, Self, All'.

When taking part is ZvZ's (medium to large scale) people need to set this to 'Self' or 'Off' as the effects cause them massive lag. (Knight helm effects, healing effects, burning effects, etc etc)

Now this is from the Test Server...

None of these options give you the ability to turn off 'Effects' or limit them, so if they're always on you're about to block a lot of players from taking part in medium and large scale ZvZ's.

clap
    • Nice whisper bow buff.. But, you still need to think somehow to not let it be useless in case of being purged. Actually, if you expurg whisper bow, he will be useless in the fight. Normal Bow not, because you can use your "E" before fight, and, if you are smart, you will have no cooldown, and will be abble to use E again. Its like->Normal bow, theoratically, has two "E".. One before fight(if you use that bow wisely) and other in the middle of fight. Being purged, you will lose only the first E, and will not became useless.. But with the whisper, you will.. So, thing is.. To think in a way to not let Whisper being useless in that case.
    • ViniColen wrote:

Nice whisper bow buff.. But, you still need to think somehow to not let it be useless in case of being purged. Actually, if you expurg whisper bow, he will be useless in the fight. Normal Bow not, because you can use your "E" before fight, and, if you are smart, you will have no cooldown, and will be abble to use E again. Its like->Normal bow, theoratically, has two "E".. One before fight(if you use that bow wisely) and other in the middle of fight. Being purged, you will lose only the first E, and will not became useless.. But with the whisper, you will.. So, thing is.. To think in a way to not let Whisper being useless in that case.
      It's a fair critique only IF the purge range is the same as whispering. So the win case would be to not focus a mage robe or get in the much shorter range of purge helm.
    • Some nice changes not only to quality but to quantity also. The buss and changes to bows are huge. I started out with a bow but felt the base damage was lower then most other dps . This change should hopefully bring bows back to meta as they have been quite sorly missed due to all other methods just were better.

PS the bigged thing I'm stoked about is the game purchase reward packs on f2p launch. I needs that mount and I needs it soon :)

PS ps: could you create a border based on each different game purchase as another way to show off to all the f2p noobies
      My Referral Link: albiononline.com/?ref=PUNXMV31W4
    • Added the following on 3 April:

Changes:

The "fade to red" effect when health approaches zero has been reduced, giving players a better chance of fighting back and using the environment at low health

Increased Resource Respawn Speed
      To prepare for a potential influx of low-level players, the respawn rate of resources in safe and yellow zones has been increased (i.e. the refill time for these resource nodes has been reduced):
      • T2 respawns about 285% faster (now 21 seconds, was 60s)
      • T3 respawns about 400% faster (now 45 seconds, was 180s)
      • T4 respawns about 500% faster (now 100 seconds, was 500s)
      • T5 respawns about 170% faster (now 450 seconds, was 750s)

Fixes:

Weight displayed under character button now updates when changing passives or mounting/dismounting, as intended
    • I would ask you to strongly reconsider this:

"Additionally, free players can get 10 Learning Points by completing the Daily Bonus, while Premium players continue to receive 20 Learning Points passively."

The daily bonus requires approximately 10 minutes for a competent player to complete. This will devolve into current players farming free to play alts strictly for learning points and eventually turning them into combat alts. This reward should be cut to 5 lp per day. That would be rewarding enough to make free to play characters get rewarded but not enough to be worth a normal player farming.

I don't feel strongly about the devaluing of premium. However, I would like to see the same requirement for premium players as well. Thereby preventing premium subbing and building immense lp before playing the characters. Ie only playing a character every other week while lp builds.

"Free users can now complete the Daily Bonus and earn Challenge Points. However, they can only claim the weekly and monthly rewards after buying 30 days of Premium status AND having Premium status active.
      The Daily Bonus now grants a Tome of Insight to all players."

These are excellent changes. Please make these 10k tomes and character bound.

The post was edited 1 time, last by FrozenIce ().

• PrintsKaspian wrote:

Adventurer's Challenge Changes
      • Free users can now complete the Daily Bonus and earn Challenge Points. However, they can only claim the weekly and monthly rewards after buying 30 days of Premium status AND having Premium status active.
      • The Daily Bonus now grants a Tome of Insight to all players.
      • Additionally, free players can get 10 Learning Points by completing the Daily Bonus, while Premium players continue to receive 20 Learning Points passively.

So I can - as a F2P account farm 10 LP daily + doing the challenge and getting the reward but not claiming it.

And then, at some point a few months down the line pop premium once and claim all rewards from a few months ago?

• PrintsKaspian wrote:

Added the following on 3 April:

Changes:

The "fade to red" effect when health approaches zero has been reduced, giving players a better chance of fighting back and using the environment at low health

Increased Resource Respawn Speed
      To prepare for a potential influx of low-level players, the respawn rate of resources in safe and yellow zones has been increased (i.e. the refill time for these resource nodes has been reduced):
      • T2 respawns about 285% faster (now 21 seconds, was 60s)
      • T3 respawns about 400% faster (now 45 seconds, was 180s)
      • T4 respawns about 500% faster (now 100 seconds, was 500s)
      • T5 respawns about 170% faster (now 450 seconds, was 750s)

Fixes:

Weight displayed under character button now updates when changing passives or mounting/dismounting, as intended
      Is that just for starting areas or Black zones aswell ?
    • Bogul wrote:

So I can - as a F2P account farm 10 LP daily + doing the challenge and getting the reward but not claiming it.

And then, at some point a few months down the line pop premium once and claim all rewards from a few months ago?

No, that's not possible.

You can only claim rewards from past Adventurer Challenges if you also had premium active in the respective month of the past.
    • Retroman wrote:

Bogul wrote:

No, that's not possible.

You can only claim rewards from past Adventurer Challenges if you also had premium active in the respective month of the past.
      Does this also mean that, if I had premium for 1 day of the challenge (=> I had premium in that month), and then finished the challange in that month. Then I can claim ALL the rewards later if I have premium again?

Also, it seems that people having issues with the LP for F2P is basically that, it's an indirect nerf to Premium. Since only F2P players get it, that means that you, as a premium, don't get 20 LP per day for being a premium, just 10. I think this would've been easier to swallow if you said that we will get only 10 LP for being Premium, but you can get another 10 by doing the challenge. Or may be there is no right route here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cregath: Addressed the LP. ().

• Whispering seems to be fine with those damage but still purgeable..
      and still no solution if i lose my "e".. q spell is cool but it deals less damage than everything in gvg..
      explosive shots still purgeable aswell for the gvg..
      The mage chest is the big problem for the bows in gvg..
      But it's a huge buff, Just for that, thank you.
    • No matter how slightly u keep nerfing the ironclad staff it will still be the weapon of choice until you decide to look seriously at the hammer line.....

Besides tombhammer the rest is currently in a bad spot...especially with such a terrible W Line

a quick look albiononline2d.com/en/meta is the best place to see which weapons/items need love and which are ok

I seriously hope you are tracking that website as it can show you more than 2 years of roundtables....
    • Piddle wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Additionally, free players can get 10 Learning Points by completing the Daily Bonus, while Premium players continue to receive 20 Learning Points passively.
      So the 10 LP for completing the Daily Bonus, is only available for free players?
      That is sort of weird to me, if correct. It feels like a nerf to premium benefits.
      Here is some background info on this:
      • we did not want to indirectly "force" premium players to grind every day in order to get the maximum amount of possible LP for their character. Due to how important LP are, this can easily become a chore and lead to burn out, or interfere with people's day to day schedules. [It's different with giving a fame tome as a daily reward - if you miss that, it's not a big deal as you can easily make up that fame in your next gaming session]
      • we did want to offer free players to chance to earn learning points as it is a core part of Albion's progression system, however, in a way that cannot be passively exploited. Hence, we require actual daily activity to unlock them. And the rate of learning points should be lower than that of premium players
      • we did not want to change the overall progression speed or general LP ratios (beyond the recent fame changes that we already implemented)
      The result of this is that we did not want to impose a daily activity requirement on premium players to unlock LP. We could of course just increase the daily LP for premium players from 20 to 30, but would then have to essentially increase LP requirements across the board by 33% to keep the overall progression balance in place - essentially, making this a purely cosmetic change without any game impact. As that did not make sense to us, we decided to for the solution described in the patch notes above.