Self-healing sickness effect

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Self-healing sickness effect

Hello Albion,

yesterday was release new Oberon patch ver. 1.14.379.

I'll like to ask, how works (self-healing sickness effect), me and me friend enjoy new random dungeon's. I play usually wit some tipe of axe and leather armor and he is basically healer.

But the heal is now reduced by 25.9% because sickness effect, it is about how many people is in party, zone, IP or is locked permanent on that % ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by DirtyDirzt ().

• Isnt healing sickness affecting things other than nature/holy heals unnecessary? When I saw this change I assumed it would be limited to dedicated healers as a nerf to double healer compositions. But this change will discourage usage of any self healing item since every composition has a healer. So using Mercenary/Hellion Jacket and the new Guardian Helmet Emergency Heal now puts one at a disadvantage compared to opponents that use a simple defensive ability.

I have no data to know if any of these other self healing items were problematic. So I very well may be wrong in seeing this as an issue. Care to shed some light on the reasoning behind this blanket nerf to all forms of redundant healing?

Retroman wrote:

Hey,

Healing Sickness is triggered if one target is healed by at least two different sources. Life Leeching abilities count also as healing.
      So if you are using some Life leeching ability, either by the passive or Bloodlust from the chest and you get healed by your friend, you will receive Healing Sickness.

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Dexcalibur wrote:

Isnt healing sickness affecting things other than nature/holy heals unnecessary? When I saw this change I assumed it would be limited to dedicated healers as a nerf to double healer compositions. But this change will discourage usage of any self healing item since every composition has a healer. So using Mercenary/Hellion Jacket and the new Guardian Helmet Emergency Heal now puts one at a disadvantage compared to opponents that use a simple defensive ability.

I have no data to know if any of these other self healing items were problematic. So I very well may be wrong in seeing this as an issue. Care to shed some light on the reasoning behind this blanket nerf to all forms of redundant healing?
      Uh oh yeah it seems to be some collateral damage that I don't like at all, unless much more powerful self-healing stuff is planned
    • Retroman wrote:

Hey,

Healing Sickness is triggered if one target is healed by at least two different sources. Life Leeching abilities count also as healing.
      So if you are using some Life leeching ability, either by the passive or Bloodlust from the chest and you get healed by your friend, you will receive Healing Sickness.
      this sounds pretty extreme... another nerf to Merc jacket + healing pot?... or using any Life Leech passive (those things are so useless and heal for like 10 pts) will decrease your Merc or Healing pot by 25%?

Thats a little extreme no? Basically running with Life Leech puts you at a disadvantage, as you never know if you'll run into PVP and have to use healing/Merc at which point you'd be getting a 25% decrease?

IMHO only healer abilities (every spell in Holy and Nature tree) should cause Healing sickness, not other abilities or consumables...
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Retroman wrote:

Hey,

this sounds pretty extreme... another nerf to Merc jacket + healing pot?... or using any Life Leech passive (those things are so useless and heal for like 10 pts) will decrease your Merc or Healing pot by 25%?
      Thats a little extreme no? Basically running with Life Leech puts you at a disadvantage, as you never know if you'll run into PVP and have to use healing/Merc at which point you'd be getting a 25% decrease?

IMHO only healer abilities (every spell in Holy and Nature tree) should cause Healing sickness, not other abilities or consumables...
      I can't speak for Retro but I think 'sources' in this instance is the actual person doing the healing activity, not the specific item. See

"So if you are using some Life leeching ability, either by the passive or Bloodlust from the chest and you get healed by your friend, you will receive Healing Sickness."
      [/quote]