Solo Fame vs Group Fame Balance Needed

    • Qolkkalom wrote:

      It is pointless speaking about english level. As fsr as I know, ur not supporting here noone to develop in someone good english level, and ur judgemnts are not welcome aswell.
      However, point which is touched by @Ikcen anyway, because he missunderstood whole point of solo content.
      Other then that whole "paragrapha" are just truistic speech eg "Every player is a solo player". Well... Yeaa, solo mean individual, but it doesnt mean soloers need " solo content" in way that which you are trying to suggest. There is no point to add content for noobs. Good solo players get thier rewards anyway, newbies already see (more or less) potential profit from participate in that activity, and non of those 2 type of ppl will suffer from lack of activity. Newbies need knownladge, and those who already know "thinks" just need some adjustments, or fixes. (gatherers definitly are on spotlight for those fixes).

      btw fcuk english-officers!
      Btw2 its fun when ppl speak that WoW etc are mmo, but singleplayer game, only because they wasnt invited into groups xD
      I dont flame english 99 percent of the time

      But in this case im pretty sure I have all right to flame. Like the 1 word gets it wrong so he thinks we are saying something we arnt. Every right
      I’m toxic

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: Edited out quote ().

    • Ikcen wrote:

      Cynos wrote:

      Solos don’t need nor are they asking for the same benefits/speed that a group has, they just want a METHOD to achieve the same shit others have.
      So you do not ask for the same rewards, but you ask for the same rewards?
      I'll put it in a different way, i'm asking to be able to reach the same finish line, not compete in the race.

      As it is now, solos, people who don't have a lot of time, people who aren't in decent guilds, non meta builds and people who are new to the game are all running a race with broken legs, while groups are in a car. What I am asking for, is a way to play the game at my own pace and reach the point I want to be at without having to murder roaming mobs for a year. I've only been playing the game about three months now, and I've switched builds multiple times because at the start I didn't give a build the time to gain spec, which is what's going to happen to newer players who don't understand the game, and people who play less time who DO understand, but don't have the chance to fix it.

      You're making it sound like i'm asking for the same fame, i'm not. What i'm asking for is a way to get any sort of decent fame to EVENTUALLY level my shit. I'm perfectly okay with being at risk of dying, the fact that i'm willing to 2v1 hell gates or kill open world blackzone mobs should tell you that much, in fact most solos don't have an issue with PvP aside from us complaining about getting 1v10'd which is more of a "in the moment" anger, because we understand that's how the game works.

      TL;DR : Solos want to be able to reach the same finish line (100/100) Group players can reach, we don't need to be able to do it at the same speed/efficiency, but we need to be able to ACHIEVE it, EVENTUALLY. Let the effort be properly rewarded.
    • Cynos wrote:

      Ikcen wrote:

      Cynos wrote:

      Solos don’t need nor are they asking for the same benefits/speed that a group has, they just want a METHOD to achieve the same shit others have.
      So you do not ask for the same rewards, but you ask for the same rewards?
      I'll put it in a different way, i'm asking to be able to reach the same finish line, not compete in the race.
      As it is now, solos, people who don't have a lot of time, people who aren't in decent guilds, non meta builds and people who are new to the game are all running a race with broken legs, while groups are in a car. What I am asking for, is a way to play the game at my own pace and reach the point I want to be at without having to murder roaming mobs for a year. I've only been playing the game about three months now, and I've switched builds multiple times because at the start I didn't give a build the time to gain spec, which is what's going to happen to newer players who don't understand the game, and people who play less time who DO understand, but don't have the chance to fix it.

      You're making it sound like i'm asking for the same fame, i'm not. What i'm asking for is a way to get any sort of decent fame to EVENTUALLY level my shit. I'm perfectly okay with being at risk of dying, the fact that i'm willing to 2v1 hell gates or kill open world blackzone mobs should tell you that much, in fact most solos don't have an issue with PvP aside from us complaining about getting 1v10'd which is more of a "in the moment" anger, because we understand that's how the game works.

      TL;DR : Solos want to be able to reach the same finish line (100/100) Group players can reach, we don't need to be able to do it at the same speed/efficiency, but we need to be able to ACHIEVE it, EVENTUALLY. Let the effort be properly rewarded.
      In fact you can, now, in Albion. Can you get millions of silver, skills on 100 and 8.3 gear playing solo? Yes, you can. And you do not need more time, you need to know how to play, as you pointed. So why do you want to make it easier? Because right now the risk/reward ratio is such that pushes most of the players to play in group. And this is exactly what makes the game a MMO.

      WoW, ESO, BDO, GW2 are solo games, because except few instanced dungeons and arenas, everything else is soloable, or exclusively solo. When I played GW2 we stayed mainly in the PvP instances and the dungeons, but 80% of the content was solo. For example the world bosses were solo content - they needed dozens of players to be beaten, but there was not any need of cooperation and there was not competition among those players.

      Also I'm playing few hours per week and I have gear 8.3, millions of silver, thousands of gold, and skills on 70-80. So the argument of the busy casual player is a nonsense. I'm the fucking casual player, and the Albion is easy. It is even too easy.

      I'm so solo, that I play with the build I like visually, I do not read and watch videos about the game, and I do not give a fuck if the other people ask me for specific builds to join them. I'm a tank with leather helmet and two handed sword. Still I have no problems to play. And it is fun in a short term.

      In a long term the game lacks of politics, wars, sieges, real territory control, PvP for bosses - the reasons to play after you have your character on max.

      Solo content in Albion will be fun for a week. Then it will ruin the game. How don't you get it?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ikcen ().

    • RottenH20 wrote:

      I dont flame english 99 percent of the time
      But in this case im pretty sure I have all right to flame. Like the 1 word gets it wrong so he thinks we are saying something we arnt. Every right
      Which one? (I didnt finished his text wall) because of thruism(was borring), and after some hipociticy get involve I stopped reading him. Propably I could miss one sneaky word
    • Qolkkalom wrote:

      RottenH20 wrote:

      I dont flame english 99 percent of the timeBut in this case im pretty sure I have all right to flame. Like the 1 word gets it wrong so he thinks we are saying something we arnt. Every right
      Which one? (I didnt finished his text wall) because of thruism(was borring), and after some hipociticy get involve I stopped reading him. Propably I could miss one sneaky word
      I didnt read all of it either but it was in the first sentence
      I’m toxic
    • Solo content is going to ruin player experience?
      It's boring?

      I think of many core players of Albion who mostly play solo (Gahak, Stabber, D1rtman and many others) who in my opinion enhance the player experience of the others.
      Before rdg introduction was worth doing solo roaming mobs and Stonetop and Runnel Sink were place where I most enjoyed my player experience.
      1 v 1 fights, not carebear city duels.
      Interaction I was not used to since UO times.
      Betrayal, trust, and the possibility to be without guild someone in this game.
      Actually those place were flourishing in this game. And all by committed player who gave precious insight of the game also for the forum.
      There was a lore and a micro game inside the big game of GVG.

      I famed up to 26 m mob fame in 9 months, 80 per cent with solo roaming mobs.
      I did 26 m in 1 month and a half doing rdg.

      Now It's definitely not balanced.
    • guys, I think you have forgotten something so essential in your discussion, albion is a game, as a player I think that playing in a group is infinitely more fun than playing alone, laughing, living together and cooperating.
      But we do not always fit in the same schedule, and that an option is given for those moments, it is an incredible advance.
      The day of tomorrow although to do collection of fame only be more profitable, I will continue preferring to go out with my friends, since it is more fun.
      Sorry my english.
    • Gibba wrote:

      1. Ihkcen I don't know if you just registered on the forum in April and play from 2017 or 2018. I play from March 2018 and I can assure you are wrong. Albion was alive also pre ftp. And was a lot more solo and small scale.

      You really have no idea what is a solo content. If they really give you a solo content you will see. Now Albion has not solo content except the dungeons in the towns. Everything else is multiplayer.

      Now think how that solo dungeons will work. First - probably they will be open world, so any player could enter, even a group of players. Then these dungeons will not be solo. Even now you can do solo dungeons and HGs, but that does not make them solo content. Or they will be instanced - so safe and solo.

      Second - how to explain to the noobs here how the games work. Solo is always more appealing on every day basis. Every player is a solo player. The social guys, the really social guys, do not play video games. Also even they are individuals. Our society is solo focused - the solo consumerism. In a different society like the Jewish kibbutz, the old kind of practical Communism, or some island communities in Micronesia, the things could be different.

      So the solo dungeons, will push most of the players to play solo. Specially if they are instanced. If the solo dungeons are not instanced - well, they will not be solo. It does not matter how long you played this game. That is how any game works. The fact you can do something solo, does not make it solo content. For solo content the need of cooperation and the competition should be removed.

      Also the new dungeons, even if they are not really solo, but just soloable for the noobs, will make much harder to find a party. As they will be for individual players, then they will be overcrowded - the game will need at least 5 times more solo dungeons for equal access, as that for groups. Soon all will ask for more solo dungeons. It will be like an avalanche, and with every step the game will become less multiplayer. Anyway, we will see if I'm right or not.

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Ikcen ().

    • Ikcen wrote:

      You really have no idea what is a solo content. If they really give you a solo content you will see. Now Albion has not solo content except the dungeons in the towns. Everything else is multiplayer.
      Now think how that solo dungeons will work. First - probably they will be open world, so any player could enter, even a group of players. Then these dungeons will not be solo. Even now you can do solo dungeons and HGs, but that does not make them solo content. Or they will be instanced - so safe and solo.

      Second - how to explain to the noobs here how the games work. Solo is always more appealing on every day basis. Every player is a solo player. The social guys, the really social guys, do not play video games. Also even they are individuals. Our society is solo focused - the solo consumerism. In a different society like the Jewish kibbutz, the old kind of practical Communism, or some island communities in Micronesia, the things could be different.

      So the solo dungeons, will push most of the players to play solo. Specially if they are instanced. If the solo dungeons are not instanced - well, they will not be solo. It does not matter how long you played this game. That is how any game works. The fact you can do something solo, does not make it solo content. For solo content the need of cooperation and the competition should be removed.

      Also the new dungeons, even if they are not really solo, but just soloable for the noobs, will make much harder to find a party. As they will be for individual players, then they will be overcrowded - the game will need at least 5 times more solo dungeons for equal access, as that for groups. Soon all will ask for more solo dungeons. It will be like an avalanche, and with every step the game will become less multiplayer. Anyway, we will see if I'm right or not.
      Post number 17, you said you don't watch video so im positive you didnt watch mine. so ill give you a run down of a small part that is mention on the video and tell me if you agree or dont agree..

      i.imgur.com/BRZQj4S.png In the video i interpret The word "ONLY" Which i said so far the ONLY solo content was the expedition because it doesn't interact with anyone and as you already know, that is outdated, What we heard that we hill have is Random dungeon and i already explained the word ONLY SOLO CONTENT in vid post number 17... Many player agreed that the roaming is a solo content, but it's not a solo ONLY content which alot of player disagree for their own reasons...

      So Which part Would you agree with:

      Random Dungeon. No interaction with anyone = solo content?
      Random Dungeon Only Interaction with another solo player = Solo content?
      Random Dungeon 10 Solo player in one dungeon no party free for all= Solo Content?
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • Ikcen wrote:

      See, you will get what you want. And then you will see what I'm taking about :) And do not cry, you asked for that.
      Dude @Ikcen your 100% right

      Like just by adding solo RD the economy will be fucked up. The player base will die. And everyone will move to another game.

      Like how could SBI do such a thing? Do they not see the MASSIVE downside that only you and me see?

      (This is sarcasm btw)
      I’m toxic
    • RottenH20 wrote:

      Ikcen wrote:

      See, you will get what you want. And then you will see what I'm taking about :) And do not cry, you asked for that.
      Dude @Ikcen your 100% right
      Like just by adding solo RD the economy will be fucked up. The player base will die. And everyone will move to another game.

      Like how could SBI do such a thing? Do they not see the MASSIVE downside that only you and me see?

      (This is sarcasm btw)
      You do realize that they already said they would add the solo random dungeon at the time they annonced the random group dungeon.. They already had this inmine and if im correct, they did said they were working on a gathering dungeon where gatherers go..
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs