Solo Fame vs Group Fame Balance Needed

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Solo Fame vs Group Fame Balance Needed

Dear Devs,

First I would like to say I think the new random group dungeons have been a great success. They have managed to bring back several of my launch player buddies who I honestly never thought I would see again. I think the next piece you need to part hard focus on is the solo experience (which I see you mentioned in the roadmap this is good). Adding "Large" multiple floor SOLO random dungeons would be a huge addition (I emphasize large because frankly the current regular tiny solo dungeons in the game make no sense). When the solo dungeons are introduced I would add a fame penalty multiplier to them for any group size at all to encourage TRUE solo. I would also highly recommend changing the hourly OW chest spawn timers from 1 hour to say 20 minutes to encourage more small scale action.

Most importantly though you need to look at the expected mob kill fame per mob for solo compared to group. It is fair to assume the 5 man group should probably always be more efficient as far as kill mobs "faster" however they should not also get the benefit of expected fame per mob per player as they do today. For example in a T7 zone if I kill roaming mobs solo I get just over 1k fame per kill however a 5 man group running a T7 dungeon gets 3k+ fame per player per kill on average. There should be no disparity of fame per mob kill between solo and group it should be balanced. The only benefit you should receive from grouping is efficiency (kill mobs faster) and the safety of more players. If anything the solo mob per kill fame should be higher with the much higher risk of being on your own. I would really love to hear some sort of dev feedback on this if possible as I do not recall seeing any thoughts yet on the fame balance between solo and group play. I know some folks seem to think that if you play an MMORPG that means you should constantly be in groups but due to time challenges, some players just liking the challenge to solo, and various other reasons TONS of players play solo from time to time.
    • Tabor wrote:

Dear Devs,

First I would like to say I think the new random group dungeons have been a great success. They have managed to bring back several of my launch player buddies who I honestly never thought I would see again. I think the next piece you need to part hard focus on is the solo experience (which I see you mentioned in the roadmap this is good). Adding "Large" multiple floor SOLO random dungeons would be a huge addition (I emphasize large because frankly the current regular tiny solo dungeons in the game make no sense). When the solo dungeons are introduced I would add a fame penalty multiplier to them for any group size at all to encourage TRUE solo. I would also highly recommend changing the hourly OW chest spawn timers from 1 hour to say 20 minutes to encourage more small scale action.

Most importantly though you need to look at the expected mob kill fame per mob for solo compared to group. It is fair to assume the 5 man group should probably always be more efficient as far as kill mobs "faster" however they should not also get the benefit of expected fame per mob per player as they do today. For example in a T7 zone if I kill roaming mobs solo I get just over 1k fame per kill however a 5 man group running a T7 dungeon gets 3k+ fame per player per kill on average. There should be no disparity of fame per mob kill between solo and group it should be balanced. The only benefit you should receive from grouping is efficiency (kill mobs faster) and the safety of more players. If anything the solo mob per kill fame should be higher with the much higher risk of being on your own. I would really love to hear some sort of dev feedback on this if possible as I do not recall seeing any thoughts yet on the fame balance between solo and group play. I know some folks seem to think that if you play an MMORPG that means you should constantly be in groups but due to time challenges, some players just liking the challenge to solo, and various other reasons TONS of players play solo from time to time.
      I agree with all, solo farming and roaming mobs need a buff... actually has no sense solo exp. :/
    • Drama420 wrote:

Tabor wrote:

Dear Devs,

I agree with all, solo farming and roaming mobs need a buff... actually has no sense solo exp. :/
      I agree with all except the fact that it should be on par with group fame, it should be lower than group fame imo. An organised group should have the edge on a solo farmer.
    • Yeah to further clarify my original post does mention group faming still should be expected to be more efficient (more fame per hour) but that should be purely because of the groups ability to kill mobs faster. The bigger issue I have currently is the massive fame gap on a per mob basis the group gets per a solo player. It is almost s 300% gap right now and should be even per mob per player.

If the Devs create the T7 random dungeons to be 3k fame per player per mob on average then the roaming mobs should at the very least provide 2k per mob compared to the current 1k.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• I agree. Some people say that group should always have advantage over solo fame farm. I dont think so. Group players already have a big advantage on pvp and resource farming.

They also have content that solo players cant access like...basically almost all pvp, world bosses, dungeons etc.

The advantages and content group players have is simply not fair. I think that even after adding solo random dungeons, solo fame farming in those dungeons should be as good as group fame farming. With all the content and advantages that group play brings, I think that would make it fair.
    • Wadefu wrote:

If you make solo farm more attractive you will get groups going in and destroying you.

Theres a fine line of making solo more attractive/same as group farming
      Thats one of the reasons solo fame needs a boost. Due to the risk of getting ganked, it is simply not worth it at the moment. This game needs to add more risk vs reward. Increase solo fame, make it worth to take the risk of a gank. Thats why I think solo content should provide as much fame as group content.
    • Flan666 wrote:

Solo fame farm is almost a joke. You get like ~1/3 fame per mob than group content. And even when people go casual in groups, not even rushing at all, you still can't keep the same pace as them. It makes the average per hour very disproportionate. Solo PVE needs a boost urgent.

But now you have to be patience until they bring out solo random dungeon,, there are many who want solo up speed.

reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…ible_to_play_as_a_single/

patience my boy patience
      goo.gl/xPMhXU
      goo.gl/GK4CMs
      Random dungeon https://bit.ly/2L5TxnS
      Outnumber https://bit.ly/2YEU56n
      Arena https://bit.ly/2ZKD3or
      Hudini: https://bit.ly/2XTonBI
      HGguidance https://bit.ly/2Ymu1gs
    • If I can go and take the same rewards - fame, solo, why should I bother to play with other players? If I can play solo, why we shall call that game MMO? If everyone play solo, what is the point of Albion? You want to kill the game - make solo dungeons, more safe instances, and why not - remove the open world PvP. Then you will have an ugly version of WoW. This is exactly what you wanted, isn't it?

And let say for few months you will get all your skills on 100 and you will have 8.3 gear. Then what?

Solo fame, dungeons, even professions should not exist in a MMO game.

Some very incompetent developer... no, some very incompetent marketing manager, put such a stuff here.

Now that person or persons have to check the market and to realize few facts - WoW is a niche game now. Majority of the players play competitive multiplayer games like LoL and Fortnite. Majority of the players left the MMORPGs because they do not want to play solo. If you make one thing soloable that breaks the risk/reward ratio of the whole game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ikcen ().

• Where do these dudes come from that somehow feel solo content should not exist? Literally every extremely successful MMO not only has solo content but it his a high amount of it. Finding and making groups to be able to play a game is very often painful and annoying. People like to have the MMO environment of SEEING other players out in the world and occasionally grouping but being virtually required to group will always cause players to leave. Sometimes you just want to log on and play for a quick 60 minutes solo. There is literally 0 reason to do that in Albion so the game misses out on all those potential guys out in dungeons.
    • Tabor wrote:

Where do these dudes come from that somehow feel solo content should not exist? Literally every extremely successful MMO not only has solo content but it his a high amount of it. Finding and making groups to be able to play a game is very often painful and annoying. People like to have the MMO environment of SEEING other players out in the world and occasionally grouping but being virtually required to group will always cause players to leave. Sometimes you just want to log on and play for a quick 60 minutes solo. There is literally 0 reason to do that in Albion so the game misses out on all those potential guys out in dungeons.
      MMORPGs were the leading kind of games on the market before few years. Now, there is not even one AAA studio with plans for such a game. Soloable, promoted heavily by games like WoW, ESO, GW2, BDO, killed the genre. Most people here play Albion - no matter of the terrible support, the constant connection problems, the ugly graphics, the lack of optimization and the various amount of other issues - only for one reason. Albion is multiplayer, open world, competitive game.

If something is solo, it is not multiplayer. Pretty simple. And if you were right WoW would have 50-100 millions of players, instead it has 3-4 millions. I do not play MMOs to see other players in the distance and to have some imaginary connection with them. As most rational players I play MMOs for competition and cooperation. Make Albion soloable and I guarantee 90% of the players will find another game to play.