F2P and The Consequences

• Zlobak wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

you clearly dont know how gold and premium work then
      You are mistaken, I don't know a single person who would buy gold to pay for premium. Therefore, people will buy gold only if the price of premium in silver grows and it will be problematic to collect such an amount in the game.
      Just because you don’t know anyone who buys gold for premium it doesn’t mean that lots of people aren’t doing it. I do quite regularly. Currently have 9 premium characters.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Zlobak wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

You are mistaken, I don't know a single person who would buy gold to pay for premium. Therefore, people will buy gold only if the price of premium in silver grows and it will be problematic to collect such an amount in the game.
      The thing about it is. The important thing. That thing is. That when you buy premium with silver, it is just automatically converted to gold and then that gold is used to buy premium.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Midgard wrote:

Just because you don’t know anyone who buys gold for premium it doesn’t mean that lots of people aren’t doing it. I do quite regularly. Currently have 9 premium characters.
      If these 9 characters cannot make a profit to pay for premiums, then you are doing something wrong. But this is not the case, the main donat goes to the gear, people who do not want to farm - always buy gold to get dressed.

Piddle wrote:

The thing about it is. The important thing. That thing is. That when you buy premium with silver, it is just automatically converted to gold and then that gold is used to buy premium.
      Wipe your eyes, the button says - buy premium for silver. The fact that it is tied to the course of gold does not mean anything at all.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Zlobak ().

• Zlobak wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

It's just because of huge stockpiles of gold, formed by initial starter packs + a lot of players abandoned the game after release, but they had sold their gold surplus at the first days [2000-6000 gold per player depending on their packs]. This gold supply from abandoned players still feeding us even today. But these supplies will drain [very soon, I guess]. And everything gonna change.
    • SirusX715 wrote:

Buying premium with silver just obfuscates that you are paying with gold. Players have sell orders out for gold. Buying premium with silver buys that amoujt gold through those sell orders and imediately spends it on premium. Because you bought gold off the market, you reduced the supply and contribute to rising price.
      Is this accurate information from admins?

letwolf wrote:

It's just because of huge stockpiles of gold, formed by initial starter packs + a lot of players abandoned the game after release, but they had sold their gold surplus at the first days [2000-6000 gold per player depending on their packs]. This gold supply from abandoned players still feeding us even today. But these supplies will drain [very soon, I guess]. And everything gonna change.

Then, with the purchase of a premium, there will be big problems, apparently the admins rely on this.
    • Zlobak wrote:

SirusX715 wrote:

Buying premium with silver just obfuscates that you are paying with gold. Players have sell orders out for gold. Buying premium with silver buys that amoujt gold through those sell orders and imediately spends it on premium. Because you bought gold off the market, you reduced the supply and contribute to rising price.
      That is accurate. When you purchase premium with silver, the client is buying gold from other players on the gold market, and using that to purchase premium. I'm not sure what would happen if there were no players with open sell orders on the gold market.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• Zlobak wrote:

I like how you hold other people to a standard you don't hold yourself to. RESEARCH? Asking how things work? NAH. Just make some stuff up and when people correct you, tell them they are the ones who are stupid.

High fives all around.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Zlobak wrote:

Piddle wrote:

Wipe your eyes, the button says - buy premium for silver. The fact that it is tied to the course of gold does not mean anything at all.
      Ты не прав. Написано "купить за серебро" - но оно автоматом в золото преводится. Те кто играют со времён беты помнют - когда только за золото можно было покупать Прем, и приходилось вручную сначала серебро менять на золото, а потом за золото покупать Прем. Это всё упростили - и теперь конвёрция серебра в золото проходит автоматом по рыночной цене золота.

Так что все те кто платит за Прем "серебром" - на самом деле сначала покупает золото у тех кто это золото продаёт. Если золото перестанут продавать (или предложение уменьшится или спрос возрастёт) - ценв на золото (и соответственно за Прем) серьёзно продскочит...
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Ты не прав. Написано "купить за серебро" - но оно автоматом в золото преводится. Те кто играют со времён беты помнют - когда только за золото можно было покупать Прем, и приходилось вручную сначала серебро менять на золото, а потом за золото покупать Прем. Это всё упростили - и теперь конвёрция серебра в золото проходит автоматом по рыночной цене золота.

Так что все те кто платит за Прем "серебром" - на самом деле сначала покупает золото у тех кто это золото продаёт. Если золото перестанут продавать (или предложение уменьшится или спрос возрастёт) - ценв на золото (и соответственно за Прем) серьёзно продскочит...
      Да я уже понял, в таком случае нас ожидают веселые времена.
    • RottenH20 wrote:

hockeyboi wrote:

It'll breath some life back into the game.

Then it'll plummet back down to the numbers we've seen before.

It's one thing to get new players, it's another to keep them.
      Especially with 0 solo content for new players thats a large chunk of the player base gone right their
      Should have waited for the solo patch to release F2P tbh
      Bro.

How dare you point out an obvious issue.

When the F2P players show up in droves they are going to love the game, even if the game has like 0 PvE.

Remember, everyone who plays Albion only wants to wander the world killing and looting other players.

They are then going to bend over and pick up their wallets from the ground, then start shouting in English and Russian, "Take my money".