[Oberon] Changes to drops of runes, souls and relics

• [Oberon] Changes to drops of runes, souls and relics

Hey everyone,

we are making some changes on how we drop what we call fragments (runes, souls and relics).
      We are making those changes to diminish the rarity differences between level 1, 2 and 3 artifacts.

How it is now:
      Before Oberon you could get fragments of the same tier as the mob or lower from any mob that drops silver.
      This means that e.g. a tier 5 Keeper could drop tier 4 and 5 fragments.

Those dropped at a rate of 1 soul for every 10 runes and 1 relic for every 10 souls.

How it will be after Oberon is live:
      Every mob that dropped fragments before Oberon can then drop fragments of every tier.
      This means that e.g. a tier 5 Keeper can drop tier 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 fragments.
      The chance to drop a tier 4 fragment is higher than to drop a tier 5 fragment, the chance to drop tier 5 fragment is higher than tier 6 and so on.
      The ratio between tier is 324/162/54/6/1 (T4/5/6/7/8).
      So for every 324 tier 4 fragments one tier 8 fragment will drop.

The ratio between runes, souls and relics will also change to 9 to 3 to 1.
      So it will drop 1 soul for every 3 runes and 1 relic for every 3 souls.

Along with those changes the ratio between artifact drops from bosses is also changed to match the new ratio of 9 to 3 to 1.

Best regards,
      Thorn

The post was edited 1 time, last by Thorn-Delwyn ().

• That's my tip!

But since I expected energy to drop at least 20% I sold most of it for 7k+

Now buyorders are at 4.5k and will probably plunge further to around 4k.

This is really a concern, because knowing bright ideas of SBI guys, I know they will do something like shift the meta from barely-no-battle mounts, to must-have something shitty but expensive, so there's a reward for owning terries...

So I will use this moment to beg you, don't make battlemounts a thing again. ZvZ feels good.. Just figure out something else to use energy, like exp books or focus potions idk, just don't mess with mechanics anymore..
    • The drop chance is based on the mob's effective health, type (standard, veteran or elite) and "bossiness" (standard, mini boss or boss).

It is further multiplied with the zone bonus (0.5 / 1.25 / 1.33 / 2.25 / 2.75 - Expedition/ Safe / Yellow / Red / Black) and premium (1.5).

To show two extremes:
      A tier 4 Undead Skeleton triggers the loot list for fragments (which is identical for all mobs) with a chance of 0.3578%.
      So you will get a fragment drop for about every 224 Undead Skeletons killed in Safe zone without premium.

A tier 8 Morgana Elite Demon Prince on the other hand triggers this list with a chance of 7776.7729%.
      One Demon Prince will thus trigger about 321 fragment drops in Black zone and with premium.
    • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

The drop chance is based on the mob's effective health, type (standard, veteran or elite) and "bossiness" (standard, mini boss or boss).

It is further multiplied with the zone bonus (0.5 / 1.25 / 1.33 / 2.25 / 2.75 - Expedition/ Safe / Yellow / Red / Black) and premium (1.5).

To show two extremes:
      A tier 4 Undead Skeleton triggers the loot list for fragments (which is identical for all mobs) with a chance of 0.3578%.
      So you will get a fragment drop for about every 224 Undead Skeletons killed in Safe zone without premium.

A tier 8 Morgana Elite Demon Prince on the other hand triggers this list with a chance of 7776.7729%.
      One Demon Prince will thus trigger about 321 fragment drops in Black zone and with premium.

What about continents ? Any calculation based on that?