A Few Suggestions.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• A Few Suggestions.

1. Ideas for future content should be voted on by the community requiring 75% approval rating so sbi stops wasting their time developing content no one wants.

2. Make the 7 day trial permanent f2p accounts with t4 tier cap, double taxes, half fame, not allowed in BZ, and daily gathering/fame limit to prevent bots.

3. Make the game buy-able with in-game gold instead of requiring a credit card. when gold is 4500 silver whales will make up a vast majority of gold purchases.
      In-game Name: Mat
    • Red Brick wrote:

1. Ideas for future content should be voted on by the community requiring 75% approval rating so sbi stops wasting their time developing content no one wants.
      I don't really agree with this point and the reason why comes from a variety of things. First off very few people from the game itself actually pay attention or read the forums.

Secondly, there is a very diverse mix of players in Albion to where it could cause stagnation in development by having 26% of the players constantly disagreeing on a feature addition or change. As an example, the change that came to dismounting and auto attacking now requiring a 3second cool down was dismissed by a fair margin of people but it was actually a very healthy change for the most part.

The third reason, it is essentially their game, their ideas and visions. SBI has continued to communicate with the community and there have even been times when they proposed changes or features before hand and opted not to go ahead with them. My example here is the change to have friendly fire between guilds in the same alliance as well as the entire idea on implementing resource factories (or whatever they were called) out in the open world that guilds could build to generate resources.

Fourth, while I can say there are likely some very smart players that play the game, there could very well be a mix of people that have either very bad ideas/opinions/knowledge on what they think is good or not for the game. You are now saying they should beable to cast some sort of strong vote which could block out good and needed changes.

In conclusion I believe SBI is more in the right to decide for themselves to develop x,y,or z without needing the approval. Its of course in their best interest to make good changes as it affects sales and opinions but still best left up to them to make that choice. Now could they maybe bring out more polls or reveal potential feature changes sooner to the public? That's debatable and could be a better change. That is about all I have to say in why I disagree. The other two ideas you posted sound reasonable.