Albion Online Roadmap & Vision Update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Midgard wrote:

Chowlin wrote:

Why not give solo players a single zone they can enjoy 1v1 full loot content
      The only way this can happen is with what is essentially instanced content. The less instanced content we have the better. Its an open world game.
      You want safe (as in no interference) 1v1? Campaign for a "duel to the death" option in addition to the standard duels we have now. You win, you get to loot.

Yeah that isn't true at all. Runescape has non-instanced forced 1v1s. Did you even read what I wrote? You act like it's not possible to do in an open world game and yet a game that is 18 years old has it.
    • Skitted wrote:

Constant "King of the hill" game without corpse/loot despawn @ Avalon - my guess :)
      That would be pretty cool.

A pvp map, ongoing, where players can take their 8.3 masterpiece gear out, and there would be constant battles day and night.

The ones who sit on top of the hill, get season points or other points, like "arena points" or some kind of system. That'd be cool.

De/constructable castle in the center.
    • When you are "reducing the different peak times that territories can have", please keep in mind that we still have time change in middle europe atm. +2 UTC, putting all gvgs on the same (late) time slot could remove it from middle euopean prime time, please consider that in your plans.

Iam also not sure why u guys werent able to activate crystal gvgs in these 3 weeks of downtime. Could just have removed the energy or something, less content is never good.
    • This sounds great!!

For the royal continent and faction purpose, maybe you could make mid tier resource (4 or 5+) only available in their respective zone, to encourage and further create local economy/making a certain resourse rarer or more expensive in other towns.

I also think it could be neat if there were one of two sections on the borders of the biomes/faction territories to fight over as a faction and then choose how to terraform them, choice being adjacent biomes, and rarer resources would be found there (6-7,Not 8) It would make hotspots and create some sort of "faction battles" available every week or every month.

Just a thought. I really look forward to all the updated you announced, espetially hideouts in outland!
    • Klingt alles Super. Ich warte aber immer noch darauf das man unerwünschte Inseln auf die man nicht Reisen möchte aus der liste Löschen kann. Da das Spiel jetzt F2P wird hat man irgendwann Hundert Inseln auf die man nicht Reisen möchte.

Everything sounds great. But I'm still waiting for the unwanted islands you do not want to travel on the list delete. Since the game is now F2P you will eventually have hundreds of islands on which you do not want to travel.
    • Giving each City some relevance & encouraging individual Markets sounds great.

Tho, as things are, As a Trader you can circle the whole Royal Continent City to City (cept that 1 yellow zone between Martlock & Bridgewatch)
      while keeping completely in the Blue therefor zero risk.

It would be nice to reduce some Blue Zones & at least add more yellow to force some level of risk when traveling & Trading between Cities.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Macon_Gray ().

• Macon_Gray wrote:

Giving each City some relevance & encouraging individual Markets sounds great.

Tho, as things are, As a Trader you can circle the whole Royal Continent City to City (cept that 1 yellow zone between Martlock & Bridgewatch)
      while keeping completely in the Blue therefor zero risk.

It would be nice to reduce some Blue Zones & at least add more yellow to force some level of risk when traveling & Trading between Cities.
      It takes a lot longer traveling through blue zones, so at least there is a cost involved, or cost of instant travel while weighted.
    • Theat wrote:

It takes a lot longer traveling through blue zones, so at least there is a cost involved, or cost of instant travel while weighted.
      My thought are on the Lack of Risk involved.

I can appreciate the adage "Time is Money" tho to pay the fees of fast travel & make a reasonable profit i believe you would need to be moving higher end gear.
      It would be difficult if not impossible to profit on moving stacks of t3 & t4 Resources for instance whilst paying fast travel fees.

Even without the risk of loss for a trader it should not be 100% safe moving to/from city to city.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Macon_Gray ().

• This patch seems to targeted to spread people around, but the large guilds/alliances have numerous GvG teams. Not only that, but they have alt characters for secondary/tertiary GvG teams. I don’t see how this will ultimately prevent large guilds/alliances from GvGing in far away lands. Does it make travel more annoying? Sure, but if you are a serious GvGer and have more than one character, you can easily station them in other cities/continents.

I’m not complaining about the patch. I think it’s a move in the right direction. I just see loopholes. With fame the way it is, it doesn’t take much effort to power up alts for GvG. Making locks account bound won’t work either with the free to play model; just make another account.

This patch does however make it more difficult for guilds to mobilize large groups quickly, (game/roams/gathering). My statement is regarding territories specifically.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Sharka ().

• New

@Eltharyon

I am seeing more and more features, that were given as feedback years ago. That is good news.

Currently, while checking out the f2p version, i have 3 questions for you:

1) Npcs on maps feel lifeless and do not deliver - Are you able to make them walk on paths across the map?

--> If yes, consider doing this asap. The "Wandering Npc" idea was based on a living world, with massive oportunity for mobs to build hunting groups or just walk across the map to look for interaction, rare ones maybe even crossing more than one map. Attack waves of npcs included aka weekly events, where players have to fight the natives.

2) Have you discussed the idea of artifacts for gatherers and gatherer gear dealing more damage to their specific nemesis (like skinner's poison, but for elementals)?

3) Farming has to be made a dedicated activity for more than a couple of minutes. There is so much potential wasted: Have you discussed skill lines for farmers (like breeding) and island invasions by insects aka a more meaningful content for players, who wish to have a full game play loop/experience in being a farmer?

--> defending your island
      --> going into the open world to search for "good soil" as a farmer resource (to boost)
      --> seeds as drops and not unlimited as silver sinks
      --> new silver sink with farmer gear and options to go out and face the world in search for resources (death risk)
      --> breeder skill line enabling skills on mounts or more meat
      --> farmer skill line for more crop yield or exotic crops
      --> seasons (challenges for certain crops = caretaking or buffs for others = more or faster yield)
      --> open world farming plots for solo and or small group players, which can be challenged in 1v1 by other farmers

I may have missed news on this, but if not yet implemented: put the black market limited to T5 in all cities to increase loot drop, crafter incentive and overall game quality.

Nothing new here, just a repetition of what was given as feedback for the last 2-4 years.

Side note: remove alts

The post was edited 1 time, last by Archiemedis ().