Pinned Free-to-Play FAQ

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• This simply isn't going to work. The initial price to play isn't why the game hasn't done as well as it should have, the almost mandatory premium system is. We don't care if we have to pay for the game, we don't want to be required to pay every month to play. It is an outdated system and it is always going to hold this game back as long as it exists. I actually bought a starter pack way back when and played in beta and I have never activated because the current subscription system is garbage and not worth playing. I've told many friends the same and they all passed on the game. This one awful choice that we told you was awful is why this game has been an afterthought for so many people.
    • EnderCN wrote:

This simply isn't going to work. The initial price to play isn't why the game hasn't done as well as it should have, the almost mandatory premium system is. We don't care if we have to pay for the game, we don't want to be required to pay every month to play. It is an outdated system and it is always going to hold this game back as long as it exists. I actually bought a starter pack way back when and played in beta and I have never activated because the current subscription system is garbage and not worth playing. I've told many friends the same and they all passed on the game. This one awful choice that we told you was awful is why this game has been an afterthought for so many people.
      you are so wrong...
    • EnderCN wrote:

This simply isn't going to work. The initial price to play isn't why the game hasn't done as well as it should have, the almost mandatory premium system is. We don't care if we have to pay for the game, we don't want to be required to pay every month to play. It is an outdated system and it is always going to hold this game back as long as it exists. I actually bought a starter pack way back when and played in beta and I have never activated because the current subscription system is garbage and not worth playing. I've told many friends the same and they all passed on the game. This one awful choice that we told you was awful is why this game has been an afterthought for so many people.
      Wrong on so many levels I don’t know where to begin.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • And for our veteran players, we have an exclusive thank-you gift: the incredible Specter Wolf mount. The Specter Wolf has all the stats of a Direwolf with a unique ghostly appearance, and only accounts that have a Founder or Starter Pack redeemed and active on April 10 at 10:00 UTC will qualify for this.

Can somebody tell me what 'active' defines as for this case @Evoque
    • IPSAmazon wrote:

The investment of time, money and learning in the game will not be paid with those benefits that will be given on the 10th.

I think the bonus should be higher for veterans with more than 3 years of account.
      Seriously? It’s not meant to be compensation nor are you being ‘paid’ for anything. The time and money you’ve invested have already been recouped in your being able to play and enjoy the game for all these months or years.

The bonus on the 10th is simply a thank you for supporting in the game. Nothing more.

You need to lose your misplaced sense of entitlement.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • SHARKY wrote:

While I'm happy with the bonus rewards the current pay-to-play players will be getting, one thing I would REALLY like is a unique Avatar Border, that sets us apart from the F2P players.

I'm thinking of a border similar in presence to the ones that the Legendary and Epic Founders got.
      Hey Sharky,

That was an amazing idea and we have now added an Exclusive Avatar Border for all players who have a Founder or Starter Pack!
    • Skitted wrote:

And for our veteran players, we have an exclusive thank-you gift: the incredible Specter Wolf mount. The Specter Wolf has all the stats of a Direwolf with a unique ghostly appearance, and only accounts that have a Founder or Starter Pack redeemed and active on April 10 at 10:00 UTC will qualify for this.

Can somebody tell me what 'active' defines as for this case @Evoque
      Hey there @Skitted,

It just means that, you need to both purchase and 'redeem' the corresponding pack. Additionally, that pack should not be refunded, charged back or in any state of uncertainty. Hope this clears up any misunderstanding.

For everyone, there are also important updates to the FAQ, which I will also repeat here for clarity:

1. In regards to the Spectre Wolf:

We understand that the usability of special/collectible mounts is not an ideal one, therefore, players will also have the opportunity to exchange the Spectre Wolf mount for the corresponding mount skin once this system has been implemented into Albion. (Please see more info on how mount skins are planned to work on our latest roadmap)
      Although we do not have a clear ETA on when the mount skin system will be implemented into Albion, or more details on other mounts it at this stage, we do want to give you a heads up on this particular case so that you can make a decision on whether or not you would like to save it, since you will need to be in possession of the mount to obtain the mount skin.

More info and clarification on this will follow as we move towards our next major updates.

2. Why can't I have multiple accounts running on the same device in parallel?

In order to protect the game from multi-accounting and the implications of that, we have taken certain measures to make it significantly more difficult to have multiple accounts running at the same time.
      • If you are logged in on a character without Premium status active, this is the only character that you can have logged into the game. It will not possible for you to log in a second character, whether it has Premium active or not.
      • If you are logged in on a character that has Premium status active, you will be able to log in an additional character that has Premium active, but not a character without active Premium status.
      - Evoque
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601
    • Evoque wrote:

2. Why can't I have multiple accounts running on the same device in parallel?

In order to protect the game from multi-accounting and the implications of that, we have taken certain measures to make it significantly more difficult to have multiple accounts running at the same time.

If you are logged in on a character without Premium status active, this is the only character that you can have logged into the game. It will not possible for you to log in a second character, whether it has Premium active or not.

If you are logged in on a character that has Premium status active, you will be able to log in an additional character that has Premium active, but not a character without active Premium status.
      - Evoque
      ah copying that Eve Online monetization model feel so good :P :P
    • Korn wrote:

MissBehave wrote:

Yep, so did I. If I had 6 characters, 1 on each of 6 accounts, I would get the rewards 6 time. So what if I bought 6 starter packs on 1 character on 1 account, should I not also get the reward 6 times???
      The reward will be given per game pack redeemed. I.e. if you have redeemed, say, 3 game packs (veteran, epic, legendary) on a single account, you'd get the reward 3 times. This is to make sure that people who redeemed multiple game packs on the same account - as opposed to different accounts - are not at a disadvantage.
      Hi!!! Where my 3 reward?? Veteran, epic and legendary?? I see only one reward!!! :(