The blackpowder update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The blackpowder update

One thing i think gets overlooked a little in sword and sorcery settings are the use of primitive powder weapons, and I feel like there is room for creativity with regards to these weapons in a fantasy settings with respect to the types of abilities they can have. If new weapons are ever added to albion, it would have to be in multiples of three, one for each weapon node on the destiny board. I think rather than just random weapons, a thematic update to dictate what type of weapons are added would be a good idea. Here are some open ended ideas for gunpowder weapon lines:

Soldier node:
      Rifle - This weapon can come in the form of muskets, blunderbusses, gatling guns and hand cannons. The theme of this weapon is slowing (suppression) and armour piercing

Hunter node:
      Pistol - This weapon can come in the form of pistols, duel wielded pistols, multi-barrelled pistols and bomb launchers. The theme of this weapon is purging and interruption.

Mage node
      Smoke staff - This weapon can come in the form of a staff with a ball of blackness at the end, a cloud of darkness and a brazier of dark incense. The theme of this weapon is fear, lowering attack damage and silencing.