Oberon Fame Grind Rework and Related Changes

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Oberon Fame Grind Rework and Related Changes

      **NOTE: The values below are subject to change until the launch of Oberon on March 20. As such, this post will remain in the "Feedback Testserver" forum until then, at which point they will be moved to a different forum.**


      Fame-Grind Rework and Related Changes
      • Increased Mob fame by 15% (base mob fame)
      • Increased Gathering fame by 50% (all tiers and enchantment level of all types of resources)
      • Changes to mob Fame (PvE) Factors:
        • Blue (Safe) Zone PvE Factor: 1.375 → 1.8
        • Yellow Zone PvE Factor: 1.5 → 2
        • Yellow Zone Lesser Hellgate PvE Factor: 1.375 → 1.8
        • Yellow Zone Greater Hellgate PvE Factor: 2.5 → 3.5
        • Full-loot Hellgate PvE Factor: 3.5 → 5 (both Lesser and Greater)
      • Specialization unlock changes (correspond to Mob and Gathering Fame increases above):
        • Increased Fame Requirements for Fighting Specializations by 15%
        • Increased LP Requirements for Fighting Specializations by 15%
        • Increased Fame Requirements for Gathering Specializations by 50%
        • Increased LP Requirements for Gathering Specializations by 15%
        • Increased Fame Requirement for Combat T1 & T2 combat node by 15%
        • Reduced LP Requirements for Gathering Base by 76.66666%
      • Increased Fame gain for capturing Faction Warfare Outposts by 15% (51000 → 58650)
      • Daily Arena reward has been increased to 2 T4 Tomes of Insight (20,000 total Fame) from 3 T3 Tomes (15,000 total Fame) - reward is still available a maximum of 3x / day, for a total daily Fame of 60,000
      • Crystal Realm: Tomes of Insight increased by roughly 15% (rounded)
      • Silver bags now grant the same Silver in fewer bags, so players don't have to spam numerous bags after a fight
      • Adjusted PvE and gathering modifiers for Adventurer's Challenge Points:
        • PvE: 1.6 → 1.5
        • Gathering: 1.8 → 1.5
      • Gathering Journals had their Fame required to fill up increased by 50%, while Mercenary journals had their rewards reduced by 13%. In conjunction with the overall changes, these adjustments mean that fill times and rewards of journals will remain the same as they were previously.
      Hellgates

      • PvE Fame for Hellgates has been increased by approximately 66%:
        • Yellow Zone Hellgates - PvE Fame Factor: 2.5 → 3.5
        • Red / Black Zone Hellgates - PvE Fame Factor: 3 → 5
      Hardcore Expeditions
      • To finish a Hardcore Expedition your group now needs to kill about 80% of the enemies encountered, as well as the boss.
      • Together with the release of Randomized Dungeons we re-evaluated the purpose of Hardcore Expeditions in the future. This resulted in the decision to reduce the amount of Silver and loot earned in Hardcore Expeditions by 50%. 25%. [updated 14 March]
      • To address that different expeditions take different amounts of time, the time allowed to finish some expeditions and to get a new map has been increased accordingly.
      • We will closely monitor the times it takes a group to finish an expedition under these circumstances, and will readjust if necessary.
    • SHARKY wrote:

      PrintsKaspian wrote:

      Increased Fame Requirements for Fighting Specializations by 15%
      I take it any Specialization levels already unlocked, will not be affected?

      Retroman wrote:


      Piddle wrote:

      Are we going to see our current spec levels drop or are we getting grand fathered in? Asking for a friend.
      All players keep their specs and Destiny Board Mastery Levels.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • @Dagother not really a bug but can u guys re look at the silver drop of monsters inside the new dungeons more so on the enchanted maps when doing some dungeons today more so in the 8.3 for how hard the monsters were compared to silver drop rate seemed way off but that could just be me,

      also were there nto suppose to be silver increase shrines?. did 6 maps never encouterd 1 maybe bad luck
    • SBI way of thinking :
      Release : IP difference is unfair, let's soft cap it above T6. => 8.3 gear getting irrelevant because it's to expensives for the little benefit, (even 8.2, cause 8.1 excellent is almost as good)
      After some time : HCE : good content to finally use pimp gear and consummable, and make black market work.
      Next : HCE nerf in silver making it balanced considering you have to invest, and often use respect which costs a lot.
      Next step : over charge + GVG, HG cap : How to make high tier gear even less impacfull in the game.
      -50% silver for HCE : Hell of a nerf killing even further, especilly testing it on a server with the gold market so low.

      Next suggested step :
      Change IP : starting T4 each tier give only +20
      Masteries : divide mastery bonus to weapon by 10.
      Remove gear above T5.
      Spit on the face of people investing real money to by gear for HCE by making it totally irrelevent, cause even if they don't need money, they won't find people to make HCE with them ...

      Other suggestion :
      change CV chest location and put them in royal cities to make them more attractive.
      increase ungarded free chest numbe eveywhere in the world
      Increase loot and silver from random free chest by at least 100.
      Make skinner boots kill people in a 100m radius on activation
      Melaween
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:


      Hardcore Expeditions
      • To finish a Hardcore Expedition your group now needs to kill about 80% of the enemies encountered, as well as the boss.
      • Together with the release of Randomized Dungeons we re-evaluated the purpose of Hardcore Expeditions in the future. This resulted in the decision to reduce the amount of Silver and loot earned in Hardcore Expeditions by 50%.
      • To address that different expeditions take different amounts of time, the time allowed to finish some expeditions and to get a new map has been increased accordingly.
      • We will closely monitor the times it takes a group to finish an expedition under these circumstances, and will readjust if necessary.

      On terms of HCE from an a player experienced in high level instances:
      1. The varying times planned on different maps will result in a problem regarding planning ( you can't just do 2 expeditions per hour / take a 30 minute break to play a single map anymore without needing a specific map with that exact time limit -> negative "chaotic" influence for players
      2. The new times would have to have about and 100% or more increase to make high level maps (13+) possible, since you only clear around 30% of those maps, with around 5-6 minute required for killing the final boss on some 15 maps, probably making it impossible to acquire maps of a level higher than 13, let alone obtain another lvl 15 map (which is clearly intended since reobtaining a lvl 15 map is a opportunity coded into the game) -> this would result in higher time in instances, instead of time filling activities again
      3. HCEs currently serve as a way to get an opportunity to famefarm and play the game without having to join into one of the alliances that occupy many of the existing dungeons -> Nerfing them will increase the difficulty for newer players without an established role in one of the big 3 alliances to catch up and become competetive
      4. Concerning the 50% silver and loot reduction it will cause players to either have a negative silver balance by running those maps (respec costs) or to have to turn the respec option off -> either negative silver or no worthwhile fame. Adding the 13% lower Mercenary return, we will also see a lower return on investments into island upgrades.
      5. By decreasing the attractiveness of HCEs and the introduction of IPcaps and Overcharge over the last few months, the usagfulness of high-level gear will further decrease, resulting in a negative impact for gatherers and crafters. This will also remove a potential "silver sink" feature, as a lot of money flows into repair costs that would stay on the market if it were obtained via ways of normal dungeons, which are mostly visited in cheap to repair / replace gear
      6. Maps exist where enough pulls are hard enough to make clearing 80% of the mobs (in a sensible ammount of time -> no double heal / tank) literally impossible
    • DrNye wrote:

      HCEs currently serve as a way to get an opportunity to famefarm and play the game without having to join into one of the alliances that occupy many of the existing dungeons -> Nerfing them will increase the difficulty for newer players without an established role in one of the big 3 alliances to catch up and become competetive
      HCEs are not for newer players and never have been (very specific meta, high cost of gear, combat plays differently from any other scenario).

      Also this is literally why randomized dungeons are being introduced: as a way to make rewarding PvE accessible to everyone.
    • Tilden wrote:

      DrNye wrote:

      HCEs currently serve as a way to get an opportunity to famefarm and play the game without having to join into one of the alliances that occupy many of the existing dungeons -> Nerfing them will increase the difficulty for newer players without an established role in one of the big 3 alliances to catch up and become competetive
      HCEs are not for newer players and never have been (very specific meta, high cost of gear, combat plays differently from any other scenario).
      Also this is literally why randomized dungeons are being introduced: as a way to make rewarding PvE accessible to everyone.
      tbh ive been able to do them up to lvl 6-7 when they first came out in 6.1-6.2 non-artifact gear, which should be less than 1M a set and t6 weapons areunlockable in a matter of 3-4, if not less days by farming roaming mobs or similar in the royal cities
    • Finally some good changes!

      I think boosting hg fame and nerfing hce might actually save this game.

      The only thing I really can't understand from this post is how does reducing the rewards for the mercenary labourers will make so that in the end the rewards are the same as before? Since one island has a limited number of laborers it can accommodate I can't see how reducing the reward / mercenary will be the same... Cuz even if i fill journals faster, I still have a set number of mercs i can feed / day. Can you please elaborate on that?
    • MrsLove wrote:

      Finally some good changes!

      I think boosting hg fame and nerfing hce might actually save this game.

      The only thing I really can't understand from this post is how does reducing the rewards for the mercenary labourers will make so that in the end the rewards are the same as before? Since one island has a limited number of laborers it can accommodate I can't see how reducing the reward / mercenary will be the same... Cuz even if i fill journals faster, I still have a set number of mercs i can feed / day. Can you please elaborate on that?
      it's the time/silver ratio tha remain the same (when filling books)
      Melaween
    • NOTE: The reduction factor of Silver and loot in Hardcore Expeditions has been changed from 50% to 25%.
      • Together with the release of Randomized Dungeons we re-evaluated the purpose of Hardcore Expeditions in the future. This resulted in the decision to reduce the amount of Silver and loot earned in Hardcore Expeditions by 50%. 25%. [updated 14 March]
    • Nerfing HCE? -25%? -50%? Thats totally fine. No point to encourage safe instance dungeon on a MMO.

      Beside, rundom dungeon, Buffing HG is a good news.
      but Data mentioning HG got something wrong. Its Not consistent.

      PrintsKaspian wrote:


      • Changes to mob Fame (PvE) Factors:
        • Blue (Safe) Zone PvE Factor: 1.375 → 1.8
        • Yellow Zone PvE Factor: 1.5 → 2
        • Yellow Zone Lesser Hellgate PvE Factor: 1.375 → 1.8 <==????????????????????
        • Yellow Zone Greater Hellgate PvE Factor: 2.5 → 3.5
        • Full-loot Hellgate PvE Factor: 3.5 → 5 (both Lesser and Greater)



      ------------------
      ------------------

      Hellgates

      • PvE Fame for Hellgates has been increased by approximately 66%:
        • Yellow Zone Hellgates - PvE Fame Factor: 2.5 → 3.5
        • Red / Black Zone Hellgates - PvE Fame Factor: 3 → 5


      what was 3.5(or 3)? Is this a mistake?


      The first section supposed to be Red zone/Black zone PVE factor?


      And.. what is Yellow Zone Lesser Hellgate now????????????????????
      Does yellow 2v2 HG still exist?????????

      Tyrannosaurus-rex / Rest in Pieces
      Chill out, Dickwad

      The post was edited 4 times, last by Tojuji ().