Why Mega alliances are neccessary

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Why Mega alliances are neccessary

      If you read through my post history i am an enemy of mega Alliances but

      I did a test, i joined during the past weeks several slave guilds in different mega alliances, and the findings are quite interesting:

      -The majority of the people there, hang around in red zones
      -If they go blackzone, they feel unsecure
      • They need a safe spot or numbers else they would never go BZ
      --> BZ would be empty if they not numbers or safe spots

      Then i talked to the leaders of these guilds which are whyever happy with their posistion as slave guild because

      • They know they could never win serious GvG
      • and on top don't want to do the effort to maintain a good GvG team
      • most have as future plan: get a competitive GvG team but they have this plan since years


      --> They basically outsourced the effort to claim and maintain a terrie in GvG

      but they pay the price to ZvZ under commands of the master guilds in order to have basic access to the blackzone the core of the game

      --> So conclusion is, if you just remove alliances, you deny 80 % of the players the black zone, because they need either numbers or safe spots to go to Black zone....They are not THAT hardcore...

      So removing alliances, would expose the majority of guilds with a task they not cappable of which is be competitive in GvG and the people would loose access to their conditions to BZ, hence would need more HCE or quit the game...

      But we, the PvP players needs these players to pay for the game, so we need to maintain mega alliances, as long as there are no other ways to give guilds safe spots in BZ...
    • Devastate wrote:

      GvGs are cancer, those should go away too... we are in a sandbox MMO where the most important endgame objective is disputed in a 5v5, instanced, meta game that only a couple dozen players care about.

      If having a 5v5 instance match is the final goal we should just play DOTA, at least it's smooth and lagless.
      1000000% agree...
      entire game including balancing and everything else is based around a few dozen douche bags who live in their moms basement playing albion 24/7.
    • ViLEuo wrote:

      Devastate wrote:

      GvGs are cancer, those should go away too... we are in a sandbox MMO where the most important endgame objective is disputed in a 5v5, instanced, meta game that only a couple dozen players care about.

      If having a 5v5 instance match is the final goal we should just play DOTA, at least it's smooth and lagless.
      1000000% agree...entire game including balancing and everything else is based around a few dozen douche bags who live in their moms basement playing albion 24/7.
      totally agree lol. The end game of this sandbox is a moba game ahahah
    • Devastate wrote:

      GvGs are cancer, those should go away too... we are in a sandbox MMO where the most important endgame objective is disputed in a 5v5, instanced, meta game that only a couple dozen players care about.

      If having a 5v5 instance match is the final goal we should just play DOTA, at least it's smooth and lagless.
      i had to log in just to reply that, damn, we REALLY need to solve gvg's, even the gvg'ers that i know hate to do that every single day. This need to be a content more inclusive for everyone, it's something that just a few really make/train because arenas arenas and royal gvg's are totally different from the real ones and scrims are kinda lazy, since you need to be in a alliance with good gvg'ers to fight against them; make gvg more inclusive, pls


      about giant alliances: the biggest problem is on the way that it's working right now, there's a GIANT barrier for new alliances(with really different leaderships) even if they're doing a good work and a GIANT snowball for those who're on the power. It's basically the same thing as a oligopoly on a country, maybe you could try to see some ways to solve that based on that
    • Theat wrote:

      I disagree, GVGs are good content for the 'hardcore' players who are working up to something big. Without GVG-endgame, there is no "endgame" in Albion, and it would be a lot more boring for everybody. Plus there's something fun about being the featured GVG fight on Albion TV.

      However, I agree, remove HCE.
      Is this a joke? Like 40 people GvG for territory -- if open world dictated territory the endgame would be open world battles for land, sounds dope to me. Keep crystal GVG as a way to do GvGs for everyone and let entire guilds and alliances fight for territory, not just 40 dota players.

      p.s.

      before you start crying about "ZERGS RULE"

      a.) 90% of territories are controlled by 3 alliances
      b.) you can make open world territory control easy to combatr against massive zergs (making territories constantly capturable/flipping owners for example).
    • GluttonySDS wrote:

      Theat wrote:

      I disagree, GVGs are good content for the 'hardcore' players who are working up to something big. Without GVG-endgame, there is no "endgame" in Albion, and it would be a lot more boring for everybody. Plus there's something fun about being the featured GVG fight on Albion TV.

      However, I agree, remove HCE.
      Is this a joke? Like 40 people GvG for territory -- if open world dictated territory the endgame would be open world battles for land, sounds dope to me. Keep crystal GVG as a way to do GvGs for everyone and let entire guilds and alliances fight for territory, not just 40 dota players.
      p.s.

      before you start crying about "ZERGS RULE"

      a.) 90% of territories are controlled by 3 alliances
      b.) you can make open world territory control easy to combatr against massive zergs (making territories constantly capturable/flipping owners for example).
      There should be 1/3 of territories that are won through ZVZ, 1/3 won through GVG, and another 1/3 won through a different means.

      All problems solved.
    • GluttonySDS wrote:

      Theat wrote:

      I disagree, GVGs are good content for the 'hardcore' players who are working up to something big. Without GVG-endgame, there is no "endgame" in Albion, and it would be a lot more boring for everybody. Plus there's something fun about being the featured GVG fight on Albion TV.

      However, I agree, remove HCE.
      Is this a joke? Like 40 people GvG for territory -- if open world dictated territory the endgame would be open world battles for land, sounds dope to me. Keep crystal GVG as a way to do GvGs for everyone and let entire guilds and alliances fight for territory, not just 40 dota players.
      p.s.

      before you start crying about "ZERGS RULE"

      a.) 90% of territories are controlled by 3 alliances
      b.) you can make open world territory control easy to combatr against massive zergs (making territories constantly capturable/flipping owners for example).
      The way that the GVG's are working right now isn't as a content for hardcore players, it's a content for the 0.01% players that have the opportunity to be online at the exact timezone EVERY DAY (if they don't do that, their gvg team is gonna need to take a random with not the same experience) plus, you need to know someone from a good gvg team to teach you, there's not many tutorials on the internet for that (like usual MOBA's) and it's very expensive to train on the real gvg's or time expensive (no reward on scrims), also, ppl don't do their max on scrims, just like they don't play their max on casual matchs compared to ranked ones

      As i've said before: lower the entrance barriers for gvg's, or idk, at least for cGvG's, if the entrance barrier get's easier in a way that more guilds could challenge one another on cGvG's, ppl would have real ways to train