(Not a suggestion) Will a summoning/necromancer skill tree ever be in the game? Or is the idea scrapped? (Answered: No Summoning Staff)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• (Not a suggestion) Will a summoning/necromancer skill tree ever be in the game? Or is the idea scrapped? (Answered: No Summoning Staff)

Title. I'm not suggesting (in this thread) for a summoning skill line to be created. I just want to know if the idea is scrapped so I can stop holding my breath every major update.
    • Hey @Mishirene!

We prototyped a summoner's staff and while we liked it in principle, we currently don't see a feasible way to implement it due to the heavy performance impact it might have. In theory every player could use it, so even if you're only spawning one minion at a time, that would already double the amount of entities in that regard. And that is something we simply cannot afford right now.
      So at least for the time being, the summoner's staff will not make an appearance in Albion. :(

- Lino
    • H4n1baL schrieb:

Hey @Mishirene!

We prototyped a summoner's staff and while we liked it in principle, we currently don't see a feasible way to implement it due to the heavy performance impact it might have. In theory every player could use it, so even if you're only spawning one minion at a time, that would already double the amount of entities in that regard. And that is something we simply cannot afford right now.
      So at least for the time being, the summoner's staff will not make an appearance in Albion. :(

- Lino
      150x150, all summoners with at least 20 zombies each! Huge success!
    • H4n1baL schrieb:

Hey @Mishirene!

- Lino
      Thank you for answering!
    • H4n1baL schrieb:

Hey @Mishirene!

- Lino
      what if you don't use a "real entity" for the minions, and use something more like the E of the Lifecursed? you could make it follow the target and do the exact same stuff that a entitie would do, maybe use ghosts on the skills, tell me what you think about it
    • H4n1baL schrieb:

@Faisca

So you mean like a spell effect that looks like a mob? I think as long as you want to be able to control it during its lifetime it's gonna become very difficult to pull off.
      If we introduce a summoner's staff, I believe we'd only do it if we get the "true" feeling of it into the game.

- Lino
      Would it be necessary for them to be actively controlled directly as fully fledged entities? Couldn't it be implemented in a more passive way? Kind of like the passive pets of the League of Legends characters Lulu and Orianna?

What if the "summon" was just a toggle spell which when enabled, created an AOE/aura spell with a model/animation/particles to make it look like a ghost animal?

If some degree of control is needed, what if one of the spells of the summon staff was a "move" command that would shift the location of the summon's AOE, if cast on the ground the AOE (and therefore the summon's model) moves there, if cast on a player it follows them (like the spinning blades on cursed staff)? This could open some interesting gameplay e.g. a support with a summon staff making their summon follow the healer to protect them. While at the same time shouldn't have big performance impact since it would be implemented as just another AOE effect with some special animations and synergy with the other spells

E.g.

Summoning Staff
      Q - Gives % bonus damage to pet (or self if no pet summoned) on next hit
      W - Command pet to move to location / follow target
      E - Summon pet toggle, maybe with a moderate mana cost to enable and a low per tick mana cost to stop people having them summoned 24/7 or quick-summoning and unsummoning

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von wyqydsyq ()

• wyqydsyq schrieb:

H4n1baL schrieb:

@Faisca

So you mean like a spell effect that looks like a mob? I think as long as you want to be able to control it during its lifetime it's gonna become very difficult to pull off.
      If we introduce a summoner's staff, I believe we'd only do it if we get the "true" feeling of it into the game.

- Lino
      Would it be necessary for them to be actively controlled directly as fully fledged entities? Couldn't it be implemented in a more passive way? Kind of like the passive pets of the League of Legends characters Lulu and Orianna?
      What if the "summon" was just a toggle spell which when enabled, created an AOE/aura spell with a model/animation/particles to make it look like a ghost animal?

If some degree of control is needed, what if one of the spells of the summon staff was a "move" command that would shift the location of the summon's AOE, if cast on the ground the AOE (and therefore the summon's model) moves there, if cast on a player it follows them (like the spinning blades on cursed staff)? This could open some interesting gameplay e.g. a support with a summon staff making their summon follow the healer to protect them. While at the same time shouldn't have big performance impact since it would be implemented as just another AOE effect with some special animations and synergy with the other spells

E.g.

Summoning Staff
      Q - Gives % bonus damage to pet (or self if no pet summoned) on next hit
      W - Command pet to move to location / follow target
      E - Summon pet toggle, maybe with a moderate mana cost to enable and a low per tick mana cost to stop people having them summoned 24/7 or quick-summoning and unsummoning
      Maybe it doesn't even to have skills on Q/W entirelly conected to the pet, the E summoning would be a change big enough, and the weapons could difference one from another with the way that you could use them; ex:

necro weapon 1 -> you get a spell effect that looks like a skeleton archer spirit, so it would play more like a archer(dps overtime)
      necro weapon 2 -> you get a spell effect on your E that work likes a golem, you would play like a tank with different skills
      necro weapon 3 -> you can summon a kinda like Lulu thing and play more like a support

That would create a feeling of playing as what you have summoned,anyway, it's just a basic concept, there's A LOT to brainstorm over that. What i do think and looks like that many have the tought, is that the idea of a summon/necromancer skill tree should not be abandonated just because of the entities problem, many others games have solved their problems with a little bit of make up (just like fallout 3 that didn't have a car mechanic and used a NPC head to act as a metro, lol).