Alliances

    • Theat wrote:

      False, there are more people playing now than before.
      when you have to straight up lie to defend the position of "its fine"

      Its not

      Gank wrote:

      Alliances are a symptom of deeper problems facing Albion since launch. The game thrived with larger alliances in the past, they are nothing new.
      the biggest problem that plagues ALL open world pvp games is N+1.

      wrote wall of text but fuck that.

      to summarize the game never addressed N+1 when it first became painfully obvious thats all it would become. ZergvEnvy was a stress test all the way back in 2016. writing was on the wall, voices were raised and ignored.


      Theat wrote:

      And those that have left, have not left due to alliances.
      anecdotally, numbers in the hundreds that I interacted with throughout dozens of groups quit because of the state of just huge blobs. Groups i knew quit within weeks after finding their group of 20-30 couldn't compete with the 00's that blocked war-camps, being told "just join an alliance" "recruit more people". They just up and left.

      More people left this game from zerging mega alliances than people who have joined for it.
      Beta 1 > Beta 3 > Release > Beta 2
    • Taters wrote:

      when you have to straight up lie to defend the position of "its fine"

      Its not
      It is.



      Taters wrote:

      the biggest problem that plagues ALL open world pvp games is N+1.

      wrote wall of text but fuck that.

      to summarize the game never addressed N+1 when it first became painfully obvious thats all it would become. ZergvEnvy was a stress test all the way back in 2016. writing was on the wall, voices were raised and ignored.
      Wrong, lots of players, including me, daily, fight battles with smaller numbers. I pity you that you have never defeated an enemy out-numbered. Lots of cowards only take fights if they double or triple the enemy's numbers, including most of Squad and the guilds that work with Squad. They want the easy way out. So it makes sense that your position is the most popular. But that doesn't mean you're right, just the opposite.



      Taters wrote:

      anecdotally, numbers in the hundreds that I interacted with throughout dozens of groups quit because of the state of just huge blobs. Groups i knew quit within weeks after finding their group of 20-30 couldn't compete with the 00's that blocked war-camps, being told "just join an alliance" "recruit more people". They just up and left.

      More people left this game from zerging mega alliances than people who have joined for it.
      Simply false, most players who leave Albion, do so for a diverse number of reasons. It's a full-loot pvp, for starters. When players die with lots of valuable gear, it's a reality check. That is much more a cause of players leaving than anything else. "But they died from being ganked, larger numbers". That's a secondary cause, not the primary.



      Atkyns wrote:

      Alliances in AO were poorly designed, that was the problem...

      So right now they are a problem, YES.
      The alliances were designed fine. The map, however, was not. The upcoming changes are good because the Squad mega-alliance can send 200 players anywhere in the world within 10-30 minutes.

      The bigger problem is whining players who, instead of authentically beating Squad or other mega-alliances the hard way, want to whine and bitch about the game rules, to defeat them the easy way.


      How about you try to gather 100-200 active guild and alliance members, and see how easy it is???

      Because you can't do it. Easier to bitch about it, though.
    • you need to stop. take a step back and just think about what you just said.

      First. You claim "there are more people playing now than before.".

      This game was more populated at launch, there are less playing now. this isnt a matter of opinion this is a fact. No semantics, no tricksy mind games or mental gymnastics change the fact population is lower then it has been in the past. Arguing this puts question to your ability to discern 1+1 = 2.

      Second, you argue against the idea that N+1 isn't a core problem with the game with "I and other people win fights with smaller numbers". Then go on to talk about how so many people go around zerging "double, triple numbers" and wanting an easy way out.

      Right so because people go around wanting to N*2/N*3 BUT YOU DON'T, N+1 isn't an issue? I'm sorry this whole second point just reads of 14 year old anime edge angst.

      Third. Please read before you type, no where in that quote do i use the word most, yet you word your response as if I did. Either intentionally or by misreading you skirt around the point being made. Not that zerging is what caused MOST players to leave, rather MORE players have left the game from zergs/alliances than JOINED.

      Finally. Alliances have been an issue for beta 1 (ZvE). Beta 2 (Envy island/EXODIA), Beta 3 (even pre-realmgate) and finally now.
      If the map was at fault why is it that EVERY ITERATION OF MAP has resulted in the same RedvBlue mega alliance lockdown of content.


      You argue we should fight the hard way. 'try to gather 100-200 active guild and alliance members". The hard way to beat mega alliances is to ...N+1?


      Remove alliances. Cap guild limits to MAX 1/3 of a zones capacity. Note that I do not argue against the realm gate changes. Harbour map design>realmgate, its a good change overall.
      Beta 1 > Beta 3 > Release > Beta 2
    • if numbers meant something arch would be powerful

      n+1, I thought 5 players determine everything in albion


      getting a warcamp outside of mercia is probably the easiest thing right now


      cap guilds so people are forced to remove their alts, gatherers and crafters, gut the community out of the game just because some fuckboy gets rekt


      oh and last thing, as my guild lives in anglia since release, we never had a problem with mega alliances or in zvz, we even are able to lose a zvz 40v5 because we suck

      The post was edited 3 times, last by tabooshka ().

    • Taters wrote:

      you need to stop. take a step back and just think about what you just said.

      First. You claim "there are more people playing now than before.".

      This game was more populated at launch, there are less playing now. this isnt a matter of opinion this is a fact. No semantics, no tricksy mind games or mental gymnastics change the fact population is lower then it has been in the past. Arguing this puts question to your ability to discern 1+1 = 2.
      Players didn't quit the game after launch because of alliances. As I already said, most players who try Albion, and quit, are simply against full-loot pvp and hard loss. Alliance is a non-issue.



      Taters wrote:

      Second, you argue against the idea that N+1 isn't a core problem with the game with "I and other people win fights with smaller numbers". Then go on to talk about how so many people go around zerging "double, triple numbers" and wanting an easy way out.

      Right so because people go around wanting to N*2/N*3 BUT YOU DON'T, N+1 isn't an issue? I'm sorry this whole second point just reads of 14 year old anime edge angst.
      N+1 is a problem for bad players, who can't fight out-numbered. However, there are good players in the game, who do fight outnumbered, and win. Squad used to brag of "taking every fight, even outnumbered". So, apparently, the biggest alliance in the game, got to the #1 position by fighting out-numbered. Your argument is invalid.



      Taters wrote:

      Finally. Alliances have been an issue for beta 1 (ZvE). Beta 2 (Envy island/EXODIA), Beta 3 (even pre-realmgate) and finally now.
      If the map was at fault why is it that EVERY ITERATION OF MAP has resulted in the same RedvBlue mega alliance lockdown of content.
      Alliance have not "been an issue". Players are crying, now, about mega-alliances. But it is because of the reasons I stated. Rather than doing the hard work, building an alliance yourself, to compete, players would rather nerf the entire game by crying on the forum and reddit.

      That's not playing the game.

      That's playing "outside" the game. And I'm against it.


      Alliances are fine as-is. If you want to beat them, then you need to join them. Better yet, start your own, see how "easy" it is....