Planned changes to Realmgate in preparation for Season 6

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Neu

Hey @Korn, do y'all have an opinion on the alternative portal placement I proposed? (quoted below)

I ask directly because this change is happening very soon, and if there are reasons why my suggestion wouldn't work, I'd rather know now so we can all give more informed feedback and ideas before such a BIG change goes live and becomes harder to tweak.

TL;DR

There are three separate proposals that (in theory) make it all possible:
      1. Remove city locks. You always have EXACTLY ONE portal lock, and it's to the last Outland portal you used. This completely removes fast travel from the realmgate, and turns it into the port system that so many people are demanding.
      2. Use the portal placement shown on the map below. This makes all cities more equal to each other than in the current dev plan (which gives ALL OF CUMBRIA to Fort Sterling), and keeps some of the biome theme of each city. Not perfect, but better.
      3. Make it so the realmgate spawn bubble doesn't expire from distance traveled (still pops when interacting or zoning, or when time runs out), and increase the duration. This prevents individual portals from getting completely blocked by a powerful guild or alliance. This is a lot more important because of proposal #1, which makes it so that if you can't get through the portal you're locked to, you can't reach the Outlands at all.

Tilden schrieb:

This gives every faction city one Cumbria portal and one Anglia portal, with Bridgewatch and Martlock each getting a bonus Anglia portal (because their Cumbria portals are the furthest away from Mercia). In addition, every single portal is at, or immediately next to, that city's respective biome. Please point out if I got anything wrong!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von Tilden () aus folgendem Grund: replaced wall of text with summary explanation

• Neu

The whole point of the new portal changes is to stop large guild projection.

Looking at your placement lymhurst would have access to nearly every blackzone level, and every city have access to two black zone levels. They are trying to avoid guilds being able to hop to different zones so easily, your new map does not accomplish this
    • Neu

Wadefu schrieb:

The whole point of the new portal changes is to stop large guild projection.

Looking at your placement lymhurst would have access to nearly every blackzone level, and every city have access to two black zone levels. They are trying to avoid guilds being able to hop to different zones so easily, your new map does not accomplish this
      Sorry, should've clarified. There are three separate proposals:
      1. Remove city locks. You always have EXACTLY ONE portal lock, and it's to the last Outland portal you used. This completely removes fast travel from the realmgate and turns it into the ports system that so many people are demanding.
      2. Use the portal placement shown on the map I made. This makes all cities *more* equal to each other than in the current dev plan (which gives ALL OF CUMBRIA to Fort Sterling) and keeps some of the biome theme of each city. Not perfect, but better.
      3. Make it so the realmgate spawn bubble doesn't expire from distance traveled (still pops when interacting or zoning, or when time runs out), and increase the duration. This prevents individual portals from getting completely blocked by a powerful guild or alliance. This is a lot more important because of proposal #1, which makes it so that if you can't get through the portal you're locked to, you can't reach the Outlands at all.
      Edit: Copied the above summary to the other post above.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Tilden () aus folgendem Grund: rewording and note about copy/paste

• Neu

The simplest solution to reduce big alliances projection, less dramatic, easier to reverse if it doesn't work, is to remain all the same, but with an indefinite portal lock that can only be changed by traveling through outlands. (Home system only allowed if it matches with corresponding lock)

And then, later, study a complete rework of all map, to activate the royal cities, but with enough time and well thought and, above all, without mixing it with alliance or pvp issues

(Anyway let's not fool ourselves, alliances problem is not only projection.

Limit is still easier)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Fary ()

• Neu

Fary schrieb:

The simplest solution to reduce big alliances projection, less dramatic, easier to reverse if it doesn't work, is to remain all the same, but with an indefinite portal lock that can only be changed by traveling through outlands.
      Yes, but rearranging the portals like this also addresses the problem of everyone being based out of Caerleon, and therefore wasting the potential of the other five city locations. I love the idea of BZ guilds being based out of different cities, and being able to choose a home city as a T3 newbie, progress, and explore the Outlands that are basically the backyard of your city, and developing an ongoing community there. It would feel so much more meaningful than just joining the faceless crowds of people in the one city anyone cares about, because there's no point being anywhere other than Caerleon.
    • Neu

Tilden schrieb:

Fary schrieb:

The simplest solution to reduce big alliances projection, less dramatic, easier to reverse if it doesn't work, is to remain all the same, but with an indefinite portal lock that can only be changed by traveling through outlands.
      Yes, but rearranging the portals like this also addresses the problem of everyone being based out of Caerleon, and therefore wasting the potential of the other five city locations. I love the idea of BZ guilds being based out of different cities, and being able to choose a home city as a T3 newbie, progress, and explore the Outlands that are basically the backyard of your city, and developing an ongoing community there. It would feel so much more meaningful than just joining the faceless crowds of people in the one city anyone cares about, because there's no point being anywhere other than Caerleon.
      but that has nothing to do with alliances and requires a deep rework.
    • Neu

Ankey schrieb:

Developers don't you learn on your own mistakes????? This portal system is like on worst version of Albion, Beta2. You are killing this game again. Because nobody wants to run between several portals....It will take a long time and will make this game not really playable again...

The idea that every change the developers make is going to be great for every player in the game is silly. I think the portal change is going to be amazing and am super excited.

You are not given a guarantee to be happy in life now, or given guarantees that your present level of happiness will continue going forward. You just have to decide for yourself if it is worth playing after and then follow your own path.

All you are doing now is yelling, "The sky is falling!" I don't see what you see though. So, if you want to convince people, you are going to have to put a little more effort into your argument.
    • Neu

Ankey schrieb:

Developers don't you learn on your own mistakes????? This portal system is like on worst version of Albion, Beta2. You are killing this game again. Because nobody wants to run between several portals....It will take a long time and will make this game not really playable again...
      so don’t run between portals in an attempt to be able to traverse the entire map in as little time as possible. That’s kinda the whole idea you dimwit
    • Neu

Midgard schrieb:

Ankey schrieb:

so don’t run between portals in an attempt to be able to traverse the entire map in as little time as possible. That’s kinda the whole idea you dimwit

It seems like you hamsters are going to like everything they will feed to you

Okey, I will tell you one story about Beta2, what is the purpose of portal system changing and what affect it will have on the game.

There was similar ingame traveling system on Beta2. We had top1 alliance. Once we decided to go on ZvZ fight. We traveled 1.5 hour to needed location and didn't even got to the right place. Because of certain reasons alliance was dropped during this journey and we fought each others. Yes, that was funny, but my point is... It was the only ZvZ fight we had in months in this great PvP/ZvZ game. Black zones was dead. Our guild captured many locations in black zones and I haven't seen anyone except guild members in those for a month.

When the first portal system update arrive, game will be free-to-play. That means many new players will play it in first weeks. Instead of improving servers, developers decided to split players in different cities and clusters. Purpose of that is avoid lags what we had on game release.

Albion is about PvP and ZvZ. This update will make travelling much harder, it means there will be less ZvZ in this game and many of the old players will leave. I won't tell you what is developers benefit of this situation, when old player community is gone and game goes free-to-play, it's obvious, you just have to think this in more commercial way.

First changes to portal system will not have so huge affect on game process, but second planned changes looks much more worse.
      Albion Online Roadmap & Vision Update

I hope this update will be replanned carefully and won't go live in it's current version.