Planned changes to Realmgate in preparation for Season 6

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• SBI offered a solution of Friendly fire between alliance guilds... That was shot down pretty fast and if you think about it Friendly fire is basically no alliances except for the fact that they can enter your territories unharmed.

With no alliances you could still NAP and work together with other guilds and break those naps
      With FF you could attack alliance members and break the alliance

It was essentially the same thing, but it was met with heavy resistance, because limiting alliances did not solve the issue of large guilds being able to project all over the world. <- this is the main issue and if you cannot see it, you have not played long enough or are only looking from one angle.

These locks / gate changes are a step in the right direction, and it's only the first step SBI is taking, there are more things down the pipeline, but this is the quick fix while they work on the bigger picture as said at the start of this thread.
    • tabooshka schrieb:

Goldorack schrieb:

Due to the above, you cannot simply be anywhere in the Outlands instantly by using fast travel between the Royal cities
      Then a lot of alliance will play with their alt to be anywhere and it will be useless...Just limit some area for small guild and alliances it would be great.
      great, let them play on alts, more premium to burn through
      That's probably exactly what SBI is thinking too, but that doesn't help solve the issue.
    • it does solve the issue, most people dont use alts for combat purpose, logistics are a thing as well, maintaining sets in few cities wont be easy, same goes for gvgs
      you have to be locked to a region where you guild is gonna be located, literally no one can be bothered to relock from mercia to anglia back and forth
      some people gonna start living out of blackzone, which is great, and you havent seen all the changes yet
    • Wadefu schrieb:

SBI offered a solution of Friendly fire between alliance guilds... That was shot down pretty fast and if you think about it Friendly fire is basically no alliances except for the fact that they can enter your territories unharmed.

With no alliances you could still NAP and work together with other guilds and break those naps
      With FF you could attack alliance members and break the alliance

It was essentially the same thing, but it was met with heavy resistance, because limiting alliances did not solve the issue of large guilds being able to project all over the world. <- this is the main issue and if you cannot see it, you have not played long enough or are only looking from one angle.

These locks / gate changes are a step in the right direction, and it's only the first step SBI is taking, there are more things down the pipeline, but this is the quick fix while they work on the bigger picture as said at the start of this thread.
      Friendly fire might work, but the main problem right now is the fact that I am in ''Blue Army Alts''
      And what is different from Blue Army & Blue Alts?

I can tell you one difference between the two:
      You do not share the same Guild Chat, other then that it's exactly the same and that is not what an alliance should be. (you do have Alliance chat)
      If I think of Alliance I think of politics, I think of NAP's like you mentioned.

I think Alliances are also bad because it doesn't force a guild to be strong on their own.
      Who do you think of when you see SQUAD / OOPS / EGO / ARCH?

SQUAD = Blue Army & co.
      OOPS = Money Guild & co.
      EGO = Ironborn? & co. (sorry not fimiliar with EGO, not seen enough)
      ARCH = Awful Company & co.
      POE = CIR & co.

I am not trying to disrespect all the guilds that are in all of these alliances, some guilds in these alliances are also very strong but it doesn't matter for the people who are in the Alliance with them.
      You could be a small guild, join a big Alliance and now you're essentially part of a big guild together with your guild, the only drama you're ever going to get is about who was in the dungeon first. (wooo, exciting)
      Imagine all of these guilds being their own actual guild without an alliance, how much fighting there would have to be, how much politics that you need to make your guild aware of (like NAP's)

Friendly fire can probably solve this.
      Limiting Alliances can probably solve this.

But about the Realm Gate issue thing, I agree with:

Theat schrieb:

Let there be "choke-points".

It would offer everybody the "endless content" they so claim to crave.

Constant battles on some zones, at all hours of the day....

Yes?
      I agree with it because there was ports, and it didn't feel much like a chokepoint at all for me, it was a way to get in & out of the Black Zone.
      Once you were in it and you got to your town plot, you wouldn't even go to the port for a couple days sometimes.

k bye
    • Heppernaut schrieb:

Theat schrieb:

2. "Mega-alliances are bad, please cap or remove!!!"

No, they're not. Mega-alliances are good for the game. They create wars. Wars are content. It's the main reason *most-players* invest in this game. To destroy alliances would also *destroy* Squad, BA, Oops, and lots of history which have led to these wars, to begin with. Furthermore, politics is a big part of the game. Most of those calling to "remove alliances" are small alliances, small guilds, or anti-social types, who want to change the game to their own (solo) preference. Personally, the most fun I've had in this game involved the wars between POE and Squad. And I hope that other players can have as much fun.

This is actually a great example. You're saying to destroy alliances would also destroy Squad, oops, BA. BA is a guild. A single guild, and they control so so much. BA is living proof that this game doesn't need alliances, guild with 200+ active members can do the same work. If you took the top 50 active players from each guild in OOPS and put them in one guild, wouldn't that be just as powerful? Guilds can have 300 members. maps can only support 400 players. These wars wouldn't change. The difference would be that instead of OOPS/SQUAD/POE/EGO fighting over all the territories, it would be the same people but across 25 guilds. That sounds like more content to me. I've played in EGO, I've played in SQUAD, I've played in OOPS. Now some of these date back to betas and whatnot, but I assure you, alliances are the carebears. It's so easy to join an alliance and all of a sudden have half of the blackzone be a "safezone" for you.

3. "To combat a mega-alliance, you have to form a mega-alliance"

Yes, and you should have to. You can't cry about losing, if you're not going to put in the work. BA-Squad, OOPS, have put in their work. And they get to have the most content, fun, and rewards (for winning). Players crying about this, want short-cuts. SBI should not listen to the whiners on the forum or reddit.

Once again with the BA shoutout. I think it's also safe to say that BA goes out and wins large scale fights without the alliance. Alliances are literally shortcuts. Recruiting 300 active players is hard. Joining forces with 6 other groups of 50 is not hard. Joining forces does however remove those players from your own possible content

These map-changes are for the better. They have been called for, since Release. Any map-change, is better than what we have. This way, the alliances will remain (props to SBI), and also allow smaller guilds and alliances (the whiners), to get what they want to, which is more separation away from the mega-alliances' power projection.

SBI is on-point with these proposals. I hope things continue on course.

I don't think smaller guilds and whiners will be better off with this proposed change. I think you're missing the point that these mega alliances have so so many more people than zones can support that they will easily be able to spread across the map regardless of the map change. Look at the Royal Continent. Even the "smaller guild, newer player" zone has been conquered by these large alliances.

The text in red couldn't be more right honestly, this is exactly what it is.
      And the PORTS would change this alot because you'd force a guild like Blue Army to be in Mercia together with other strong guilds that can stand up against these type of guilds.

(Ports means no more stupid Realm Gate)