Planned changes to Realmgate in preparation for Season 6

• Mandala wrote:

The problem is both SBI and a few players mixing both. They are indeed connected, just the same way other game features/systems are.
      You are correct here when you say they are connected. They're very intricately connected.

In the current iteration a guild can sit together in Caerleon and use the realmgate to be anywhere in the blackzone the moment they have an objective. Any players just logging on to join in on the fight can also log into Caerleon and immediately ride to join the group from the closest portal even if the group has moved substantially. The ability to project power encourages massive groups because it is the most convenient and optimal playstyle which players will naturally gravitate towards.

If an alliance still wants to maintain map wide presence with a new map layout they must split up and keep people in multiple cities (smaller groups), send reinforcements from another city (inconvenient and slow), or have enough alts for every city (inconvenient, large time and monetary investment). Introducing this kind of friction to projecting power will make the groups in fights smaller which can lead to guilds splitting off and doing their own thing.

To keep the convenience of being able to log on and use the local realmgate for content you need to pick one city and a corresponding black zone area to fight in. This means you'll be fighting other people who also decided to stay in that city and opens up the option to relocate to another city to look for smaller groups to fight.
    • How does everyone see this playing out on reset days. Every alliance will now easily know exactly where there competition is going based on where they mass in the royal cities.

I know we have spies etc now which does provide this info at times but it's going to be very clear now exactly who is going where based on the start city.
    • glokz wrote:

PS. Print that one and hang over your desks, maybe one day you'll realize that when your product reaches the decline phase it's too late to revert the trend. I still believe Albion is currently 100% legit game as the market does not offer anything similar, so with little courage and the right changes it's possible to get back on the growth trend. Go north not south.. Good luck SBI.

Seems the photo I enclosed didn't work. You can print it now ;)
    • Spikey wrote:

How does everyone see this playing out on reset days. Every alliance will now easily know exactly where there competition is going based on where they mass in the royal cities.

I know we have spies etc now which does provide this info at times but it's going to be very clear now exactly who is going where based on the start city.
      Almost as if you have to defend your local regions.
    • The few advantages that we obtain by removing alliance mobility, we're going to lose them x10 the rest of players, when that's just another problem more.

And for what? There are already only two prime time for WC and Reset Day, nobody can be in two places at once. All this for a few castles?

and another question, suppose that game evolution is going well and many players enter and a mega alliance of 2-3k members is created in each city... and so?

It's a very bad idea that can irreversibly hurt the game
    • Fary wrote:

The few advantages that we obtain by removing alliance mobility, we're going to lose them x10 the rest of players, when that's just another problem more.

And for what? There are already only two prime time for WC and Reset Day, nobody can be in two places at once. All this for a few castles?

and another question, suppose that game evolution is going well and many players enter and a mega alliance of 2-3k members is created in each city... and so?

Fary wrote:

Solution is very easy, without having to limit the number of alliance or guild members:
      While your alliance or guild is bigger, less season points you get. It's just to calculate a balanced formula of penalty.

pretty much why you should stop posting
    • tabooshka wrote:

Fary wrote:

The few advantages that we obtain by removing alliance mobility, we're going to lose them x10 the rest of players, when that's just another problem more.

Fary wrote:

Solution is very easy, without having to limit the number of alliance or guild members:
      While your alliance or guild is bigger, less season points you get. It's just to calculate a balanced formula of penalty.
      I'm unsubscribing to this thread I can't even enjoy it anymore.
    • this is just the start of things to come and a tempt test to see how it works, it may not stop mega alliances but it will spread them out a lot more and they will need to make choices of what to attack and defend when it comes to WC GVG CASTLES and even open world bosses , along with any new content that comes with the game

this change should be healty for smaller and newer groups to get into the game in certain areas just because guilds and alliances are gonna have to make a choice of where to live out of, ur not gonna see players that choice to be in martlock portal in merica and viceversa

hopefully this also indirectly livens up the royal content and faction warfare as u will be stationed at new cities and if ur
      "bored" u have faction warfare right there to queue up and play around with

as it stands right now a player like me who has a homeplot in red zone can have a lock in yellow or green and be at any 2 of the 3 coloured blackzones warcamps within a 15min notice just cause I can /suicide and become redlock instantly

also this thing where "everyone has zvz alts" is complete bullshit btw lots of people don't have zvz alts

also remove the alderwood/Elmwood/gravelight portals
    • tabooshka wrote:

Fary wrote:

Fary wrote:

Are you a moderator, visionary or superior entity, and I have not heard? I don't understand your posts where you only try to discredit others.
    • Fary wrote:

Are you a moderator, visionary or superior entity, and I have not heard? I don't understand your posts where you only try to discredit others.
      He is a person with a platform to just shit post as much as he want with no repercussions. Welcome to the AO forums. His behavior is what passes as acceptable here.

Your options are to: 1. Stop reading the forums. Because this forum software doesn't allow individuals to block themselves from seeing specific other members posts. (A really common feature) 2. Ignore him and just suffer. 3. Engage with him in a toxic shit storm of back and fourth posts until the thread is completely derailed and all the other readers leave.

Choose wisely.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Can somebody test and tell me, how long it takes to ride from Alderwood to Hotshadow plain using direwolf? Should we do the same on battle mounts like Huskies?

I bet it's less than 10 minutes, I will try to do a test run in a free time but maybe someone could clarify that quicker. Since we remove the possibility to quickly move big zergs, this will be rather a safe travel while doing that in a large group.

Besides the fact that these changes alone do not address some of the critical issues I see with albion's design, it will just force players to play horse simulator game.

The only safe zone is west anglia, because it will take 30min + to travel from Alderwood, so big alliances won't really bother. But Mercia GvG teams will still take the territories, so they will remain dead to small guilds, while IMO those should be entry level zones, something like silver-gold rank in League of Legends. With your current design, skill entry floor starts somewhere in plat1/diamond5 (eu time) or not competed at all, because of unpopular time zone (Australian?).

There are positive sides about the updates, like better distribution of materials brought from black zone, putting some importance to royal cities, but it's not enough and does not address the late game at all.
    • Piddle wrote:

He is a person with a platform to just shit post as much as he want with no repercussions. Welcome to the AO forums. His behavior is what passes as acceptable here.
      Your options are to: 1. Stop reading the forums. Because this forum software doesn't allow individuals to block themselves from seeing specific other members posts. (A really common feature) 2. Ignore him and just suffer. 3. Engage with him in a toxic shit storm of back and fourth posts until the thread is completely derailed and all the other readers leave.

Choose wisely.

lmao
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

100/100/90/100 Holy Specs
    • 1. "Mega-alliances will just use alts"

No, they won't. 200 players don't have combat-ready alts. The ones with alts are a fraction of the force. Alts are usually used for GVG teams. Even *IF* BA-Squad had that many alts, the upcoming map changes would disrupt that by spacing-out the concentration of resources, banks, territories, and town plots.

2. "Mega-alliances are bad, please cap or remove!!!"

No, they're not. Mega-alliances are good for the game. They create wars. Wars are content. It's the main reason *most-players* invest in this game. To destroy alliances would also *destroy* Squad, BA, Oops, and lots of history which have led to these wars, to begin with. Furthermore, politics is a big part of the game. Most of those calling to "remove alliances" are small alliances, small guilds, or anti-social types, who want to change the game to their own (solo) preference. Personally, the most fun I've had in this game involved the wars between POE and Squad. And I hope that other players can have as much fun.

3. "To combat a mega-alliance, you have to form a mega-alliance"

Yes, and you should have to. You can't cry about losing, if you're not going to put in the work. BA-Squad, OOPS, have put in their work. And they get to have the most content, fun, and rewards (for winning). Players crying about this, want short-cuts. SBI should not listen to the whiners on the forum or reddit.

SBI should not listen to the whiners on the forum or reddit.

These map-changes are for the better. They have been called for, since Release. Any map-change, is better than what we have. This way, the alliances will remain (props to SBI), and also allow smaller guilds and alliances (the whiners), to get what they want to, which is more separation away from the mega-alliances' power projection.

SBI is on-point with these proposals. I hope things continue on course.
    • Theat wrote:

es, and you should have to. You can't cry about losing, if you're not going to put in the work. BA-Squad, OOPS, have put in their work. And they get to have the most content, fun, and rewards (for winning). Players crying about this, want short-cuts. SBI should not listen to the whiners on the forum or reddit.
      I agree with what your saying, but you do realize there are some people at the top of those alliances you stated that don't prefer the need for mega alliances.
    • Wadefu wrote:

Theat wrote:

es, and you should have to. You can't cry about losing, if you're not going to put in the work. BA-Squad, OOPS, have put in their work. And they get to have the most content, fun, and rewards (for winning). Players crying about this, want short-cuts. SBI should not listen to the whiners on the forum or reddit.
      I agree with what your saying, but you do realize there are some people at the top of those alliances you stated that don't prefer the need for mega alliances.
      Everybody cries when they lose.

Squad has been playing smart, to their credit (even though I detest the bastards), because they went ahead and recruited even more guilds to their alliance than they possibly needed, locking OOPS out of Mercia.

That's what sandbox is about. The politics is part of the game, even, the essence of the game.

If another mega-alliance rises up (which I hope it will, and am doing my part toward this goal), and overthrows Squad, then it should be because of superior politics and manipulation.

Not crying on the forum or reddit, like bitches. You should have to put in the hard work (within the game, not outside of it). You should have to build a superior alliance/power.
    • Theat wrote:

Wadefu wrote:

Theat wrote:

Everybody cries when they lose.

Squad has been playing smart, to their credit (even though I detest the bastards), because they went ahead and recruited even more guilds to their alliance than they possibly needed, locking OOPS out of Mercia.

That's what sandbox is about. The politics is part of the game, even, the essence of the game.

If another mega-alliance rises up (which I hope it will, and am doing my part toward this goal), and overthrows Squad, then it should be because of superior politics and manipulation.

Not crying on the forum or reddit, like bitches. You should have to put in the hard work (within the game, not outside of it). You should have to build a superior alliance/power.
      That is a flawed argument..

If bloodletter would be Execute on 90 % life, you could say the same...stop cry fight this ingame..If it needs be fixed outside game it needs be fixed outside

The big alliances create one big Safe zone oever an entire continent: some have 80 (!) Territories + castles + homeplots. That is maximum carebeer, thats why alliances do it, people want to be safe and kick the lower populations..

It is like in RL the masses try to go against the people that are less...

But in RL the rewards are shared by the number of people, in albion the rewards are magically created and foreveryone in the ALLiance

But i don't want to overcompleicate it, the arguments are all exchanged..

NOW IT IS TIME TO LET THE PLAYERS VOTE

Or do you think people are not majure enough to decide?
    • Spikey wrote:

The game had a perfectly good system for travel in beta with the harbour/ ports systems. They where great and you hastily removed them and now your making another mistake with this move.

Your trying to band aid a problem without tackling the root causes:

1. Alts. Everyone has multiple of them now to t8 min 100/400 in a ZvZ build. Your proposed change doesn't tackle the problem of just logging into a different character.

2. Allaince. We have alliances right now with 2000+ members. Ridiculous. Reduce alliance sizes or at least make it so you cant alliance hop all the bloody time.

Just stick ports back in to the game and remove the portals and lock function all together.
      THIS!

Harbors were the perfect system, but SBI destroy that because of lazy ppl...

That milenials kids want everything easy, that’s what they are saying “horse simulation”...

Then SBI introduces the Realm Gate on a centralized city, that was the worst idea ever... now there are the consecuences.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Atkyns ().

• Theat wrote:

1. "Mega-alliances will just use alts"

No, they won't. 200 players don't have combat-ready alts. The ones with alts are a fraction of the force. Alts are usually used for GVG teams. Even *IF* BA-Squad had that many alts, the upcoming map changes would disrupt that by spacing-out the concentration of resources, banks, territories, and town plots.

2. "Mega-alliances are bad, please cap or remove!!!"

No, they're not. Mega-alliances are good for the game. They create wars. Wars are content. It's the main reason *most-players* invest in this game. To destroy alliances would also *destroy* Squad, BA, Oops, and lots of history which have led to these wars, to begin with. Furthermore, politics is a big part of the game. Most of those calling to "remove alliances" are small alliances, small guilds, or anti-social types, who want to change the game to their own (solo) preference. Personally, the most fun I've had in this game involved the wars between POE and Squad. And I hope that other players can have as much fun.

3. "To combat a mega-alliance, you have to form a mega-alliance"

Yes, and you should have to. You can't cry about losing, if you're not going to put in the work. BA-Squad, OOPS, have put in their work. And they get to have the most content, fun, and rewards (for winning). Players crying about this, want short-cuts. SBI should not listen to the whiners on the forum or reddit.

SBI should not listen to the whiners on the forum or reddit.

These map-changes are for the better. They have been called for, since Release. Any map-change, is better than what we have. This way, the alliances will remain (props to SBI), and also allow smaller guilds and alliances (the whiners), to get what they want to, which is more separation away from the mega-alliances' power projection.

SBI is on-point with these proposals. I hope things continue on course.
      Just one problem with this: THE SERVERS CAN'T HANDLE THESE WARS!!!