Planned changes to Realmgate in preparation for Season 6

• This is the best you came up with.

Community - Theres to much land for the current population !

SBI - Let's make it much more inconvenient to travel !

Im not impressed with this decision but, we'l see how it plays out .... :sleeping:

Guild mate - Where you locked?
      self - I' m fort sterling locked
      guild mate - where the fuk is fort sterling????

absurd xD
    • I'm trying to come up with any benefits that come with these changes and I can't think of any. This just makes the game more dull and complicated for everyone. More running around on horses and possibly having to fame up at least two alts just to be able to go to Anglia and Cumbria. Two things people do because they 'have to', not because they think they are fun. Make Hellgates more attractive, make people want to fight in the open world instead of run. Allow people to have fun in this game, don't make life more difficult for everyone.
    • Quick clarification on the proposed portal lock changes, best explained by an example:
      • Say you use the Fort Sterling portal to the Outlands
      • You now have a "Fort Sterling portal lock" - this means if you want to go *to* the Outlands, you can only do so via Fort Sterling
      • However, you can use any portal *from* the Outlands back to the Royals
      • If you use a portal *from* the Outlands to the Royals, your portal lock is changed to whatever city this portal *from* the Outlands to the Royals takes you
      • Hence, if you want to change your Fort Sterling lock to, say, a Caerleon lock, you'd have to go to the Outlands from Fort Sterling, then walk to any Outland exit portal that leads to Caerleon and use it. This then instantly changes your portal lock to Caerleon
      Due to the above, you cannot simply be anywhere in the Outlands instantly by using fast travel between the Royal cities. For example, if I have a Fort Sterling lock and fast travel to Martlock, I will not be able to use the Martlock portal *to* the Outlands as I am still locked to Fort Sterling. As explained above, to change my Fort Sterling lock to Martlock, I'd have to travel to the Outlands from Fort Sterling and walk to a Martlock Outland *exit* and use that, which would then change my lock to Martlock.
    • MClemente wrote:

Evoque wrote:

Special Island Move
      • During a special transition period of one month, you will be able to move your personal and guild islands to a city of your choice
      • Each island may only be moved a single time and the move is wasted if not used during this transition period

Would allowing players and guilds to move their island once per season a bit too much? Otherwise, I can see problems in the future.Example: Guild moves to Bridgewatch for central Anglia. Time passes and now they're planning to move to Cumbria, making Lymhurst/Fort Sterling more attractive, but their island is stuck in Bridgewatch forever.
      I want to branch off of this. I don't know the thought process of only allowing a one-time move of personal/guild islands but that is one the most ridiculous thing I've read. It's already bad enough that you can't move your island right now but now you are making it worse by locking certain cities to certain portals. Who cares what is more attractive. People move to different guilds that are "stationed" in different parts of the map and you completely make this difficult to move to other guilds if they choose the wrong path to put their island. If you CAN allow the move of islands why not implement the first move a freebie and all other moves after that would cost 1000 gold to move your island/guild island to different cites.

It would be good business on your end and it's not a pay to win feature so it's a win win for everyone in the game, developers and players.
    • Evoque wrote:

(p.s. more news on Oberon will arrive next week ^^)
      Most people are too shy to ask for it because in the past they got spammed by the usual "it's a mmo, go play a single player game" but anyways: give solo gameplay a chance, give it an update and see what happens.
      Dungeons, open world loot table improvements, more challenging "roaming" bosses, random events.. so many things that don't seem to require crazy resources that could lead to great pvpve..

In some case, the idea is to funnel random solos into grouping like at hourly chests.
      It needs to be progressive and the dude who have 1hr to play on that day could have some non-instanced combat related content to play.

After a 1year+ break, I can see a lot of improvements but almost nothing in that area, it makes my friends and I quite sad.
    • Drazhen wrote:

Evoque wrote:

(p.s. more news on Oberon will arrive next week ^^)
      Most people are too shy to ask for it because in the past they got spammed by the usual "it's a mmo, go play a single player game" but anyways: give solo gameplay a chance, give it an update and see what happens.Dungeons, open world loot table improvements, more challenging "roaming" bosses, random events.. so many things that don't seem to require crazy resources that could lead to great pvpve..

In some case, the idea is to funnel random solos into grouping like at hourly chests.
      It needs to be progressive and the dude who have 1hr to play on that day could have some non-instanced combat related content to play.

After a 1year+ break, I can see a lot of improvements but almost nothing in that area, it makes my friends and I quite sad.
      Things to do solo in your down time have always been an issue in this game, but having played in beta when the map was closer to what this change is proposing (bring back Outland cities!), I can say that this will 100% improve solo content. It will make roaming to gank gathers/people traveling a lot easier and that is often the best content.
    • Theat wrote:

All those complaining about "horse run simulator" are BA scrubs sitting in their 20000+ alliance, wanting to be everywhere in the world within 5 minutes.

This change is a nerf to you, quiet down.
      Actually it isn't. Been pushing for a change for a while now on how the Realm Gate is a major issue that needs fixing on the Round Table.

A lot of people are looking forward to this change within BA and I don't see any BA members crying. ;)

Use this LINK & code 'ROBIN' for 20% off any plan!
    • @Evoque

This is not enough, we need to able to be able to move islands when ever we want or at the very least 2-3 times every season.
      Changing guilds / homeplot change / relocation of guild - are all factors which need to be considered.

Albion wrote:

Special Island Move
      • During a special transition period of one month, you will be able to move your personal and guild islands to a city of your choice
      • Each island may only be moved a single time and the move is wasted if not used during this transition period

• plebtenbo wrote:

what happens if your reputation is so low u can't even enter red zones anymore ? how do u go to the cities to get to the portals ?
      We would allow dreaded players to be located in the 5 biome cities in addition to Caerleon. They can travel between the biome cities and Caerleon via fast travel (to and from Caerleon only naked). This means that all Outland portals can be reached. See also the comments added to the OP about the locking system - which still applies if you are dreaded.
    • Wargorth wrote:

@Evoque

This is not enough, we need to able to be able to move islands when ever we want or at the very least 2-3 times every season.
      Changing guilds / homeplot change / relocation of guild - are all factors which need to be considered.

Albion wrote:

Special Island Move

The key problem here is that it allows for mass transportation of goods / resources and would undermine huge parts of the economy. These issues can be addressed so we might add this in the future.
    • @Korn
      Interesting point.
      I guess you will have to solve it by creating a dupilcate island at the city you want to move to and do something like this.

UI feature to activate this process:
      (Original location of Island - Bridgewatch) - becomes a temporary island with all the gear/materials dropped in a bag at the front.
      (New location of Island - Thetford) - Is the exact same state of the old Island, except no gear/materials in any chests.

Good idea? :D
    • tabooshka wrote:

Eternalhaze wrote:

glokz wrote:

So you make it harder for big armies to quick travel. But you have done not a single thing to create objectives so smaller communities could fight for it..
      This is my issue with SBI as well. It's dumbfounding that instead of just putting out small bits of content for small groups to fight over we get massive overall changes to the economy and geography.Are alliances an issue? Yeah it is. But what's the bigger issue? Having nothing to do in game. We need more activities to do as small groups to encourage more small scale pvp for the game to stay alive long enough to find a solution to the alliance problem.
      so you just completely ignored new content being put in in the update, and saying that fixing broken systems is bad, pretty much the reason you shouldnt be able to post
      First off, what has been added for small scale pvp in the last year excluding recently added aspects and faction warfare (lol)? Secondly where did I say it's bad to fix broken systems? My point was that there's other pertinent core game-play issues to address. Don't put words in my mouth because you can't read.

Korn wrote:

Due to the above, you cannot simply be anywhere in the Outlands instantly by using fast travel between the Royal cities
      Well... That's not exactly true because alts are a thing...