YOLO Mouse not working anymore - Nimue Patch

• Hey all,

We understand that people are passionate about cursors, but please remember to stay constructive with your posts. As @Evoque already mentioned, YoloMouse is not a digitally signed software and thus cannot be supported by the Easy-Anti Cheat program.

Right now, we are looking for community suggestions on cursor options that you would like to see implemented, such as colour, size etc. We are also interested in practical examples, so feel free to mention games that you find have good cursor options available.
    • There is a lot of people that used Yolo Mouse, so I just found easy solutions:

Add option into the game to change your Mouse Textures (there is few of them based on action).
      You click the button, choose from .png file that has to be ex. size of 256x256, select and here you are.
      Quite easy to implement, and super useful.

If developers would not like to add it because it could break the immerse of the game, you can just add a option to add Halo Effect (Unity build in function that makes your Texture glow), or just implement new look of mouse which would be more visible.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DuendeBrek ().

• A good thing in my opinion. How hard can it be for SBI to add some cursor options. Basic stuff as far as I can see and it means everyone will have the option without having to use third party software.

SBI ... no bullshit about this being added to your backlog. It’s not difficult. Do it and make it your number two QOL priority (after island filtering!!).
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • @Evoque Thank you for taking your time to acknowledge the problem.

Unfortunately your answer kinda leaves me stunned, if this was the case and you want community feedback regarding the matter why has a thread not been opened where such feedback is asked? This is quite a serious matter and all players are involved, not just the ones complaining in this thread.

Furthermore I think this is being made more complicated than what it actually is, I for sure DON'T speak for the community, but even adding just the possibility of changing the color of the mouse pointer would be a huge leap forward.
    • DildoSwaggings wrote:

@Evoque Thank you for taking your time to acknowledge the problem.

Unfortunately your answer kinda leaves me stunned, if this was the case and you want community feedback regarding the matter why has a thread not been opened where such feedback is asked? This is quite a serious matter and all players are involved, not just the ones complaining in this thread.

Furthermore I think this is being made more complicated than what it actually is, I for sure DON'T speak for the community, but even adding just the possibility of changing the color of the mouse pointer would be a huge leap forward.
      Well everyone asked on this thread so they posted on this thread what’s their to be stunned about?

Also this just happend and your expecting a update right now for color changes and shit. Like chill they said they are working on it.

And no it’s not a serious matter lol
      I’m toxic
    • RottenH20 wrote:

DildoSwaggings wrote:

@Evoque Thank you for taking your time to acknowledge the problem.

Well everyone asked on this thread so they posted on this thread what’s their to be stunned about?
      Also this just happend and your expecting a update right now for color changes and shit. Like chill they said they are working on it.

And no it’s not a serious matter lol
      As Solveth said, 3 months down the line...

Edit: What I meant is that if they intend to pursue this without the use of a 3rd party program then it becomes native to the game, meaning it doesn't concern the people in this thread anymore but everyone, imo :)
    • Evoque wrote:

Hey again,

Easy Anti-Cheat got back to us, and unfortunately since Yolomouse is not a digitally signed software, they will not be able to make any changes.

Therefore, we will instead start looking into ways to provide this within the game itself, which also means we will pass on any ideas and suggestions you share on that here to the dev team.

- Evoque
      Just a suggestion, buy the software code and integrate it in the client ;) I wish the dev would purchase a certificate and sign his executable...
      /Arghun [SMM]
    • Arghun wrote:

Evoque wrote:

Hey again,

Easy Anti-Cheat got back to us, and unfortunately since Yolomouse is not a digitally signed software, they will not be able to make any changes.

Therefore, we will instead start looking into ways to provide this within the game itself, which also means we will pass on any ideas and suggestions you share on that here to the dev team.

- Evoque
      Just a suggestion, buy the software code and integrate it in the client ;) I wish the dev would purchase a certificate and sign his executable...
      AHHAHAHAH why tf would they buy it?

Just make it themselves

Its literally just a cursor
      I’m toxic
    • Elsa wrote:

Hey all,

We understand that people are passionate about cursors, but please remember to stay constructive with your posts. As @Evoque already mentioned, YoloMouse is not a digitally signed software and thus cannot be supported by the Easy-Anti Cheat program.

Right now, we are looking for community suggestions on cursor options that you would like to see implemented, such as colour, size etc. We are also interested in practical examples, so feel free to mention games that you find have good cursor options available.
      You clearly do not understand.
      It's not about beople wanting their fancy looking custom cursors.

Its about original AO cursor being the size of character head on max zoomout and colors that blend with the environment.

With yolo mouse game was playable.

The original cursor on 4k monitor is a gamebreaking bug.
      'Cacatio Matutina Est Tamquam Medicina'
      X/
    • Elsa wrote:

this isnt rocket science. Its a simple cursor. Just have small, medium large and extra large options for cursor size and colour palette options, including some flourescent ones. It can be as simple as that
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

Elsa wrote:

this isnt rocket science. Its a simple cursor. Just have small, medium large and extra large options for cursor size and colour palette options, including some flourescent ones. It can be as simple as that
      Thats just the perfect answer right there. Please implement aka just do what YoloMouse had :D
    • @Elsa @Evoque

So if a software is digitally signed is it ok to use with EAC? or do you have to go to EAC and go through approval process? I've found mouse programs that are digitally signed.

Didn't realize how big of a problem this was until one of my colorblind guildmates mentioned pvp is unplayable for him without yolomouse.

Also snow map on the resource2 territory is cancer to the eyes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wadefu ().

• Wadefu wrote:

If anyone finds something better but if you google Pointer focus

This does work in game as a highlight around your mouse which you can customize size and color.

It's been tested to work with EAC as the software is digitally signed...

It does cost $$ for a registered version, but you know...the internet....
      Look at this mad lad. Going out and finding a solution on his own. Someone lock him up.
      Discord: Piddle#7413