Clarity on Territory Control, Warcamps and GvG interplay.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Clarity on Territory Control, Warcamps and GvG interplay.

Hey - I've been playing Albion for a good long while now and I still don't really get how the whole territory control system works... You go to a siege camp and launch an attack, and you can also block/deny these attacks somehow? And then you GvG for it (and how does GvGs work and what are the rules for that?

Im fine with the energy to figure all this out being part of what its supposed to take to become successful in the outlands.. In theory.. Sort of..

I think it becomes problematic though because most people want to be in guilds/alliances, and most guilds/alliances want you to participate in this system... Yet my feeling is most of those people don't really even get what their participating in, so you're sort of stuck between not wanting to disappoint your guild but also just not really getting what it is that this effort it supposed to be for and what the rewards might be... This is problematic across the whole player base because it shrouds incentives and shared goals that could motivate and mobilise people overall.

That issue spills over into things like streaming - I think Albion seems, technically to be really ideal for streaming... Where I imagine there are these high stake face-offs that can change the balance of power throughout the shared world... However this being the awesome server-wide community spectacles that they could be requires that people across all skill and experience levels actually understand what the 'strategic plays' and all out skirmishes are motivated by, what the outcome means - and how it came about..

You don't have to be an active participant in these elements of the game in order for them to matter to other people - and once they matter it will also change who's participating.

I feel like its this potential explosive element of the game for all across the player-style spectrum, even for those content with observing - and its already there... I think for it to really work - and I think it could -REALLY- work - players pretty much across the board need to understand it and how it works.

P.S. I can imagine negative response to these thoughts along in the vein of 'its for the hardcore' and that maybe I think it should be 'dumbed down'.... I think it should be really difficult to succeed in this system... I just think it should be really simple to see who succeeds, why, and why it matters.
    • to answer your question @AntonQ there is two times a day one for EU (1800utc) and one for NA (0300utc) that you can go to a warcamp and either pacify it, or attack the territory that the warcamp is located it at.

The EU warcamps are those that their times when you press the map are: (Territories with a primetime starting at 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00 and 21:00 UTC)
      THE NA warcamps are those that their times when you press the map are: (Territories with a primetime starting at 22:00, 23:00, 00:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 and 5:00 UTC)

Usually north in roayls and black zone usually means NA and south usually means EU.

Attacking a territory costs 5m silver. Pacification is free.
    • kreeshak wrote:

to answer your question @AntonQ there is two times a day one for EU (1800utc) and one for NA (0300utc) that you can go to a warcamp and either pacify it, or attack the territory that the warcamp is located it at.

The EU warcamps are those that their times when you press the map are: (Territories with a primetime starting at 12:00, 14:00, 16:00, 17:00, 18:00, 19:00, 20:00 and 21:00 UTC)
      THE NA warcamps are those that their times when you press the map are: (Territories with a primetime starting at 22:00, 23:00, 00:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 and 5:00 UTC)

Usually north in roayls and black zone usually means NA and south usually means EU.

Attacking a territory costs 5m silver. Pacification is free.
      Wasn't really a question so much as an opinion/suggestion/feedback. I'm sure I can find this information if I dig hard enough. My point is that I think it's important or at least a huge opportunity to boost the playerbase health and engagement a lot to make these things a lot easier to understand, and having it not be something you have to dig out somewhere...

The explanation you provided however contains if I've deciphered it correctly the following information: There are time windows where you can attack peoples territories that are configured so their spread evenly for different high population times based on location. Attacking within one of these windows costs 5m silver, and doing something called 'pacify', which I'm going to assume is some method of defending, is free.

The explanation of the process is supposed to excite people into participating or tuning in to watch on twitch etc - that's my point. And i'll continue to consider it unadressed. :P