New features in UPDATE, Please READ this.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New features in UPDATE, Please READ this.

Good morning, I have been playing Ultima Online and EVE Online for a long time. Albion is really good but lacks some details.
      I have a few suggestions that could be made with the upcoming patch. I do not know if this is possible but my suggestions are as follows:

Player:
      1. Every character should live. That is to eat, drink and sleep (energy and hungry). A character when critically hungry dies and the luggage leaves on the map.
      2. The ability to set rewards for the killer's head. - Automatically new area: Bounty hunter. Above the player's head there should be information (olnly in the open map - not in city (Bounty 300000 silver)
      3. Player statistics should only be visible in cities. In open map it should be turned off. There is a greater risk of attacking another player. There is uncertainty and risk on both sides. As in normal life, we do not know who lurks around the corner :)

Animals:
      6. Should be slower respown of animals. New ones appear too quickly after killing them - which results in infinitely many skins in the market. In addition, it forces the search for these animals and becomes more unique.
      7. When you kill a frog, a snake, etc., you can also get some meat, which you can cook and eat to regain energy for life.
      8. The animal should be away from Corleon because animal skins appear too quickly in the market. They become worthless. Animals should migrate between areas.
      9. Each player should have an adventurer. Forexample a dog, a cat, a monkey or a hamster who will walk after us (only in grathered arms and if defended)

Environment:
      10. Rain, snow, fog, sandstorm, heat, cold - cause tiredness (causes energy loss and increases hunger), reduces visibility on maps - there is fear!
      11. The area should be important - uphill the character goes slower, downhill goes faster. The same in swamps, in the water or on the sand or snow.
      12. It should be possible to fire in rubbish areas to cook a dinner of raw fish, meat, mushrooms, etc. The character must eat. When the hungry goes slowly and die.
      13. Possibility to set up a camp with a tent to relax. (regeneration, energy)
      14. The player could be able to set up traps for other players, eg 1 on 1 map. In the trap, there are a few random objects when someone falls into it.
      15. Player and animals should make a excrement, pee :) (making a excrement in the forest - others can collect and sell it as a fertilizer for farms, carrots, etc.)

I will be grateful for any discussion. It would be nice for someone from DEV to consider the above. clap :thumbsup:
    • I like the idea that one could make a temporary camp to regain health, focus or even to repair (maybe it would take a greater amount of time vs money like the repair scroll).

I would also love to see pets in the game. Perhaps they only show up on one's personal or guild island though. Like a live prop. Buy them at the AO shop.

I also like the idea that you cannot tell what another player's stats/gear is, but perhaps only in Red or Black zones. Though we can already tell what tier someone's gear is by looking at it. Seeing what color their gear is at a glance, not by clicking to see stats. As intended by the DEVs.

Your idea that animals should respawn more quickly is kinda flawed. ALL resources respawn fairly quickly and based by tier (T7/8 spawn very slowly). Though I'd personally like to see respawn rates be dynamic based on how many people are in the zone actively taking those resources. But imo it's fine the way it is, too, because if there are too many in a zone gathering there are plenty of other zones to go to instead. So this is pretty much moot. At least at the moment.

I do like that you could put a bounty out on someone's head. Say someone killed you and instead of going out to find them and kill them for revenge, maybe you put a hit out and pay for someone more skilled or even more capable of killing that person. Those that accept the bounty order only get paid if they successfully kill the mark. When the mark is killed, the person who put the hit out pays the bounty "order". You could set this up in the auction house even. Buy a bounty order and thereby set up a hit on a playername. For a high price, of course. Perhaps players must reach x fame before they can create bounty orders. Bounty orders "cost" x many gold or silver as a set fee but the person asking for the hit could increase the value if they wanted. Putting a bounty order out would NOT give you a faction hit. Depending on where the bounty hunter kills the mark, they may or may not take a faction hit. LOVE it. Very cool idea.

The rest of it really doesn't appeal to me. The game is pretty fantastic the way it is. Why complicate things more? Add interesting things like being able to camp to increase health/focus regen or the bounty order thing. But don't add more things to make it even more complicated or difficult for players to do their thing. Sandbox game, after all.

As always, just my 2 silver's worth.

Appreciate seeing posts like this though. Good on ya!
      Larke T7 Hide, T7 Stone, T7 Lumber, T6 Everything Else
      Member of [MAGA]
      ☕ is the Lifeblood!

The post was edited 5 times, last by ldylarke ().

• Although some nice ideas you got there, I dont think any of these ideas would be useful or work in this game. Seems you want to copy lot from other games, I am also a UO player, but I came to AO to get away from how UO is, I wouldnt want ALbion to turn into a messed up kid of many games.

Spend more time playing the game and half the stuff in that list, you will find is useless.

1. Why you want to eat, drink and sleep? This is not SIMS game, its go out kill or be killed or craft.
      2. Bounty killer? Very easily exploitable by players and not only that, you will also create a group of grifters for other people, I could see how this could get out of hand very quickly against the new players.
      3.With experience and time, you will be able to tell what gear someone is wearing by just looking at them, its a matter of time till you recognise them.
      6. Respawn time is not slow or fast. You are just probably getting the wrong tier of hide, try gathering T2 or T3 or even T5,1 that everyone needs and you will see, there is a lot of money to be made there. If you just get flat T4 or T6, ofcourse it wont sell quick, as everyone gathers it, go for the ones people dont want to go for. I can tell you once you start collecting T7.1/2s/3s And T8s, big money there!!
      7.If you kill a frog you get some hide, as expressed in point 1, this not a Sims game.
      8. Same as point 6, gather the right tier and what people are after. Distance from the cities already exist, that is why T7s And T8s only appear in certain maps.
      9. I wouldnt mind having a pet animal, but only in my personal island, I could see having 300 players with 300 pets in Caerleon, bringing down the servers or creating some much lag, it would make the game worthless to play.
      10. Weather changes, depending how its implemented it could kill the game even more with lag issues, so I would refrain from that idea myself.
      11.New patch changes makes everyone faster, we walk slowly enough already, to be going even slower in places.
      12 &13. Once again this is not a sims or survival game.
      14. You got some weird feish with excrement, maybe go see a doctor!! Joking!! This idea not to shabby although I am sure better things can be achieved than coding some excrements.
    • A bounty system would just become ppl killing friends in crap gear and splitting the bounty. Never seen a viable proposal to circumvent this abuse. I really do not enjoy hunger mechanics in games. I definitely can think of games I have stopped playing as I don't find the continuous search for nutrition to be fun in game content. Environmental factors would be fun. I would really like to see mounts move faster on roads than when not on roads. Uphill/downhill/impeded terrain/etc would be cool. Rain sounds laggy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Raithe ().

• Raithe wrote:

A bounty system would just become ppl killing friends in crap gear and splitting the bounty. Never seen a viable proposal to circumvent this abuse. I really do not enjoy hunger mechanics in games. I definitely can think of games I have stopped playing as I don't find the continuous search for nutrition to be fun in game content. Environmental factors would be fun. I would really like to see mounts move faster on roads than when not on roads. Uphill/downhill/impeded terrain/etc would be cool. Rain sounds laggy.
      Pets speed getting nerfed, so no more speed up or downhill...