Combating Lymhurst AND Fort Sterling Monopoly. Join us!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Combating Lymhurst AND Fort Sterling Monopoly. Join us!

Hi, mates!!
      For a while, ALL town plots in Lymhurst and Fort Sterling belong to 2-3 handholding persons, they sets dire taxes like 120% and 30% on his factories. Getting a huge amounts of money from newbie players, who reside in Fort Sterling nd didn't get into taxes system yet.

Look at city screenshot:

(will be avaible some later)

But today, we going to put a HUGE pressure on him!

1. How to help combating mafia?

Today, 04.02.2019, after server maintenance town plot auction starts.
      Select any random town plot, come to it, and set your bid for it. I recommend bid size = from 1 mln to 10 mln (how much you can afford)

2. Will I lose anything?

No. If you bidded on plot, you not losing your money.
      Here possible 2 outcomes:

• Current mafia will beat your bid with higher bid, and all your money will return to you after auction ends (1 week). [but for time until auction ends, this money will "hang" in there)

That will likely occur 99% of cases, because current mafia in Lymhurst is very rich and no problem to beat all our bids. (but they're begin losing money this way, and soon we'll drain them!)
      • If mafia dont want beat you on some plot, you'll get own town plot, and your money will be gone. But dont worrya !! If you spent no more than 10m, you can put it for sale for much more price! You can even build a shop there, and get income for entire month, and closer to the end, sell it by sale order for even more income. But its very unlikely to happen because mafia - they dont want any of us to have own shops in Lymhurst.
      3. How that helps combating mafia, if all our bids were beaten by mafia and all plots still belong to them after auction?
      • They lose money every time, when they need to beat your bid ! All their money spent to it, is gone.
        Maybe not this time, but soon they will surrender!

4. What all of this for?
      Look at Bridgewatch market, where all plots belong to different players, there is healthy competition and mild taxes. Look then at Lymhurst where all plots belong to mafia, and taxes like 120% and 26% are in common. Healthy market without mafia good for new players and for older too, because With the last patch, 35% of resources can be refined in cities like Lymhurst and Bridgewatch even without focus.
      You can refine there, you can craft there for profit, you can own shops in there, you can help newer players, instead of feeding filthy mafia!

The post was edited 4 times, last by letwolf: I decided to change target to Fort Sterling early, because Im constantly bombarded with messages that Im not fighting monopoly, rather work for POE alliance. This is not true. ().

• Here the collected data for factory usage in Lymhurst
      Check dateFactoryTaxFood %Food absolute value
      30.01.2019Lumberjack t7 120% right120%87%691695 / 795000
      16:30Weaver t7 120% right120%87%689506 / 795000
      Lumberjack t7 26% left26%93%738206 / 795000
      Weaver t8 26% left26%78%615622 / 795000
      31.01.2019Lumberjack t7 120% right120%87%688914
      11:30Weaver t7 120% right120%87%689089
      Lumberjack t7 26% left26%91%718401
      Weaver t8 26% left26%38%298492
      Mage crafter t7 120% left120%91%717831
      04.02.2019Lumberjack t7 120% right120%86%676359
      Weaver t7 120% right120%85%671014
      Lumberjack t7 26% left26%65%513543
      Weaver t8 26% left26%82%650061 [refilled]
      Mage crafter 120% left120%90%714596 [probably refilled]

... less than in a day, 40% drain food in t7 Weaver 26% tax, it is likely 30-40 full mammoths of hemp.
      You can calculate your profit on that
    • While I agree with you that price fixing is bad and that all of the outer plots are either private or at 10% durability so unusable, there are plenty of inner city plots for refining and crafting at 26% usage. Your data also does not take into consideration that it is from 48 hours before season reset and that people will happily pay 26% to refine without focus for fibre at 35% return.

Is it bad that a lot of plots are locked? - yes, its rubbish that there isn't a choice.

Is 26% to refine too high a price? - not really, if you don't like it build your own island workstations and only craft/refine with focus.

So with that in mind, and considering the way POE has handled city plot bids and 'protection' in the past, I have to ask about your intentions here and what you are actually looking to achieve.

For anyone new, if you need refining stations relative to Lymhurst and are willing to forego the 15% bonus I will happily open our Guild Islands to you so you can use the stations there. Do not be ripped off but be aware that you are almost always better paying a reasonable fee to get the 15% bonus without focus.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • Barathorn wrote:

While I agree with you that price fixing is bad and that all of the outer plots are either private or at 10% durability so unusable, there are plenty of inner city plots for refining and crafting at 26% usage. Your data also does not take into consideration that it is from 48 hours before season reset and that people will happily pay 26% to refine without focus for fibre at 35% return.

Is it bad that a lot of plots are locked? - yes, its rubbish that there isn't a choice.

Is 26% to refine too high a price? - not really, if you don't like it build your own island workstations and only craft/refine with focus.

So with that in mind, and considering the way POE has handled city plot bids and 'protection' in the past, I have to ask about your intentions here and what you are actually looking to achieve.

For anyone new, if you need refining stations relative to Lymhurst and are willing to forego the 15% bonus I will happily open our Guild Islands to you so you can use the stations there. Do not be ripped off but be aware that you are almost always better paying a reasonable fee to get the 15% bonus without focus.
      I appreciate your contributing for that, any way!!!
      For island, you're right: and it's become a problem when one can have only 1 island per person (okay, let it be 3 for account, and all these in Caerleon, by occasion!), and that's no way to build another one in Lymhurst without messing with alt's . So if you have guild island with factories in Lymhurst, it would be great to open it for people !

p.s. To the question "Are the factories in Lymhurst used hard?"
      I came to check tax value for 100 Hemps and saw this (t8 weaver, hemp refinery)

The post was edited 2 times, last by letwolf ().

• @letwolf
      It would make sense to concentrate the highest bids on different plots of a single owner (there are only 3 or 4 anyway) I might join towards the middle of the week.

@Barathon
      I created a thread a month ago on this subject as well. The prices were the same way before reset.
      Anyway, it makes no sense to craft on your island: the return rate is 0% and the initial investment is not that low. You're better crafting in Martlock, Caerleon (or, if you are in a good alliance, BZ).
    • Dacunetc wrote:

@letwolf
      It would make sense to concentrate the highest bids on different plots of a single owner (there are only 3 or 4 anyway) I might join towards the middle of the week.

@Barathon
      I created a thread a month ago on this subject as well. The prices were the same way before reset.
      Anyway, it makes no sense to craft on your island: the return rate is 0% and the initial investment is not that low. You're better crafting in Martlock, Caerleon (or, if you are in a good alliance, BZ).
      Thank you for your support !!!
      Together we can !!!

p.s.: I just dropped 25kk for the one of outskirt plots:
    • Piddle wrote:

letwolf wrote:

Thank you for your support !!!Together we can !!!

p.s.: I just dropped 25kk for the one of outskirt plots:

If you tell them before the last day what the bids are they know how much silver they have to raise.
      It's also slimey to get people to bid on a city that is owned by your own alliance and not disclose that to everyone.
      Ye you're right. But owner have extra 24h to overbid anything, so hiding that info from him is pretty useless (I think).

As for POE, whether it's the same alliance , I have no support from them. I had a short conversation with @Syndic in "Round table" section of forum about the overall problem of monopolizing town plots in 2 cities (Lymhurst and Fort Sterling), and he said that he can break the cartel on his own, but he's not very interested in that at the moment.
      Also I designated Fort Sterling as second target, that is NOT belong to POE. For those who think something like that I suggest making bids in Fort Sterling (but I not wanted to spread efforts, not big yet, for 2 cities in turn, but it is possible, if someone wants)

Lets start this ? Who votes for combating Fort Sterling mafia instead of Lymhurst?
    • All bids help give more money to the guild owning the city.

If you want to fight the ”mafia”

1) Build your own crafting stations / refineries
      2) Move to Martlock or Bridgewatch and support the local plot owners. They are fighting the extortion too, I believe...
      3) Join a guild that allows access with reasonable fees

Do not pay extortiom fees
      Do not place bids, that goes to the cartel as well.

It is a broken system. It’s Lose-Lose for the normal folk.

T2-T5 blocks to build a T5 building is not that expensive. T6 little bit more.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ravenar ().

• Dacunetc wrote:

@Barathon

Yes the prices were the same, but the amount of traffic would have been different. So taken a 2 days window at a busy time is always going to give a distorted view of what is happening. I completely agree about it being non efficient to craft on my island, I said as much in my original post, but for some people they may not yet be established enough to have their own functioning workstations, and it is to those newer players the offer is open to, if they need it. It makes no odds to me either way, but if I can help new players I will.

Please don't think that I think this is ok, I don't, but it is nowhere near the end of the world that Letwolf is proclaiming. Also as Piddle stated, nice way to raise easy guild funds, I don't expect that was the intention knowing POE but disclosure at the start should have been given.

@letwolf you really need to plan your operation of attack better, currently you will be held off by a small 3 legged kitten with a pea shooter. The intention is good [I hope] but the implementation needs work. If you need help just ask.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • @Barathorn yes ill take some advice about how to plan an attack better, as you see it.

Maybe I should have planned Fort Sterling as first target, to avoid suspiction of affiliation with alliance

It is still possible, to change target to Fort Sterling, as there is the same problem just like in Lymhurst.

p.s. "Three-Legged Kitten with Peashooter" is kinda cool, I definitely like that, maybe it will have an application somewhere soon :thumbsup:
    • I am in favor of as many people bidding as much silver as possible on any non-bridgewatch and non-martlock city. I hope this auction cycle is as popping as I expect and I hope plot owners get the best reverse Christmas experience we can provide them.

When you think about it. It's just fair play. They make you pay taxes. You make them pay taxes.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • I'm interested in this purely as a curiosity to see what happens in a microcosmic sense. It's a game, so why not? Lets have a little learning experience. My guess is that if successful the monopoly will fall and suddenly there will be a bunch of willing and possibly unwilling landowners. how this will coalesce over time is the interesting part.
    • **** CLARIFICATION ABOUT WHERE SILVER GOES AFTER AUCTION ENDS ****

That's rather undocumented and untold feature information, very few people knows that, so I'll spotlight it for everyone:

• If the current owner decide to NOT defend his plot (he decide to not make winning bid):
        1. He loses plot, but gets 50% of maximum bid + materials he used to construct building on that plot;
        2. Another 50% split by 25%+25%:
        - 25% gets the guild, that own this city at the moment;
        - 25% silver gets trashed (silver sinked).

• If the current owner decided to defend his plot:
        1. He gets his plot and 50% of highest bid +1 silver. (thanks Saya for correcting)
        2. Other 50% split 25% + 25%:

@fip thanks mate for your support !!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by letwolf ().

• No, I already dropped my 25m on one outskirt plot.
      Ehh... If I was that mafia, I would have managed all on my own....
      But honestly, it's so dirty to do business with 120% taxes on newbies/ definitely not what I want

# UPDATED data of the factory usages (14:40 UTC)

date name tax food% food absolute
      05.02.2019Lumberjack т7 120% right
      120%85%674507
      Weaver т7 120% right120%89%699988
      Lumberjack т7 26% left26%60%469169
      Weaver т8 26% left26%100%795000refilled
      they started to hide data here by
      filling very often
      (seems they scared! )
      Mage tower т7 120% left120%90%710991

The post was edited 1 time, last by letwolf ().

• letwolf wrote:

If the current owner decided to defend his plot:
      1. He gets his plot and 50% of his bid.
      2. Other 50% split 25% + 25%:

this is not correct... to keep the plot, the owner pays 50% of the highest bid +1 silver (1,000,000 bid, owner needs to pay 500,001 to defend)... but this is not revealed during the first six days of the auction...

the highest bid is different to the winning bid... the winning bid is the second highest bid +1 silver and is always visible during the auction, while the highest bid is hidden and can only be seen by the owner in the last 24 hours...

finally, the owner does not receive any silver when defending their plot...

@letwolf I find this thread quite disturbing, as you are not only encouraging players to involve themselves in an activity which directly benefits you and your guild, but also passing on all the risk to those bidders... as a member of the Round Table don't you think this is a little irresponsible?
      Bank of Albion
      Investments & Third-Party Services (ROFLMAO)
      Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434