Combating Lymhurst AND Fort Sterling Monopoly. Join us!

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Ravenar schrieb:

Yea, I probably messed up my point.

Resources should have decent value for gatherers (Reasonable Buy orders)

But buying T5+ and especially enchanted Resources in the Royals... Or artifact weapons for example. Either they do not exist or the prices are all over the place.

@Piddle how do you see the name of a listed buy order?
      You have to be willing to sell one of the item at the price they are offering and eat a little extra tax money as well, but you can create a sell order at the same price as the buy order and it generates a mail for both of you. I found out when I wasn't paying enough attention, and the buy/sell order spread was really low.

When I was buying with Buy Orders almost exclusively, a long time ago, I found that players are generally smart enough to not sell at predatory prices. Some will sell to you but the volume is a trickle compared to offering them a reasonable price. The average price data is also just right there now, for people to look at, which makes bottom feeding much harder. Right now there aren't a lot of buy orders on Copper Bars in the royals, but instead of people selling for 1-2 silver, they end up bunching sell orders around the listed averages.
    • letwolf schrieb:

Valareos schrieb:

When I as a new player came in, and the first thing I saw was there appeared to be an extortion racket going on in Lymhurst...

No one had said anything, I just saw it as being horribly over priced, and a huge monopoly. I had actually decided to try to do something about it small scale.

Not sure if finding out there is many others who feel the same way is a good thing or a bad thing.. but hopefully change can come from within
      Hey mate! We already have an island in Lymhurst, one good guy allows using it for us, if you interested pm you character name and I will add you to this island.
      Yup, that good guy is me :P I'm Abern
      Leader of the Kobold Merchantile Corps. To join contact Abern in game
    • Neu

Piddle schrieb:

In the real world markets. It's more or less completely anonymous. The AO Markets aren't modeled after shop owners, they are modeled as real markets where buyers and sellers are kept at arms length.
      Hmm... Interesting point. I actually made a post on RT about similar topic just yesterday. AH Could work as a wholesales, where gatherers and farmers can unload their goods. But there could be a place for shops that set their own prices and offer customised services. Then normal people (customers) can choose who to buy from.

@Piddle are you on the round table? Some of these threads are so similar... I get confused.
      IGN : Ravenar
    • Neu

Ravenar schrieb:

Piddle schrieb:

In the real world markets. It's more or less completely anonymous. The AO Markets aren't modeled after shop owners, they are modeled as real markets where buyers and sellers are kept at arms length.
      Hmm... Interesting point. I actually made a post on RT about similar topic just yesterday. AH Could work as a wholesales, where gatherers and farmers can unload their goods. But there could be a place for shops that set their own prices and offer customised services. Then normal people (customers) can choose who to buy from.
      @Piddle are you on the round table? Some of these threads are so similar... I get confused.
      "Shops" are a HUGE step backwards from what we have now. It amounts to someone looking at the wheel and thinking that we should make it square, because then it wouldn't be as efficient and move too easily.

I'm not on the RT. I think it's the worst thing about AO. I started off AO at a huge disadvantage by choice. I'm a launch player. I knew people knew the game and systems better than me and that was part of the appeal. I didn't know that the developers were going to continually feed their hand picked players a guide to what the future was going to look like for forever and also let them actively craft MY future to be the way THEY want it. Not fair. Not transparent. Completely divisive.
    • Neu

Piddle schrieb:

I'm not on the RT. I think it's the worst thing about AO. I started off AO at a huge disadvantage by choice. I'm a launch player. I knew people knew the game and systems better than me and that was part of the appeal. I didn't know that the developers were going to continually feed their hand picked players a guide to what the future was going to look like for forever and also let them actively craft MY future to be the way THEY want it. Not fair. Not transparent. Completely divisive.
      Oh. Bit negative way of thinking.... No? I see it the opposite way: It is a way for active players to make a dent in game. You seem to have constructive ideas and knowledge of the game. And... I think you are mixing RT with NDA testers?
    • Neu

Piddle schrieb:

Ravenar schrieb:

Piddle schrieb:

"Shops" are a HUGE step backwards from what we have now. It amounts to someone looking at the wheel and thinking that we should make it square, because then it wouldn't be as efficient and move too easily.
      Hmm... I would not want to buy bread and butter from stock exchange. Or order my blu-ray disks or books from Amazon if some Bill-Gates billionaires would be buying whole stock of Oscar winning movies and put them back on sale for double value (or much more).

I was talking about Outer cities.

You said it yourself. Auction house is modeled based on stock exchange. Normal players want a friendly local store keeper. Now I know which group you belong to ;)
    • Neu

Saya schrieb:

Ravenar schrieb:

Saya schrieb:

yes, low food buildings decay twice as fast as fed buildings...
      How low is low? If I keep my buildings des at 20%+ I will be fine?
      at 10% or below, a building enters "low food" mode...
      I checked refining station, crafting station, cook... All are 100% on my island. Either crafting stations on personal islands do not decay or crafting capacity is involved in the calculations. I think my buildings have always operated at 100% crafting capasity. (0-2 users at any time)

My cook has been operating from very soon after the launch. Never I have needed to repair it.
    • Neu

Ravenar schrieb:

Stormlord schrieb:

Round table = inner circle of Albion + hording a tonne of unreported exploits = unbalanced set of advantages
      I have come to the same conclusion over the years. But I don't have any proof.
      Many things seem to have reversed logic

1) If I control the price of a resource in a city for a short time. I get character names of everyone that buys / sells from me. I usually try keep reasonable price and try to bring prices down in the outer cities. But for the people who list items at 500% or more of the actual value, this feature works like a "shamewall". Compared to real life where the dealer has to be transparent and customer has protection of privacy.
      - only reasoning is that this is how the "inner circle of albion" prefer it.

There are other design issues like that, that have bothered me. But I have come accustomed of them... Maybe we could even start a thread and list these features designed to benefit and entertain the "inner circle"...

Either there is a "inner circle" or @Retroman and @Korn and others are just mean people ;) :whistling:
      Any game with a reasonable player base and long term political/economic/military progression has its own flavour of enlightened people :)
      Synced Onetyper
    • Neu

I would propose crafting system spawning around the world for a limited number of usage at low fee/ limited time available to counter measure the importance of town plots for crafting and stimulate communication :) If they are rare enough it shouldn't be a completely turn off about owning plots but could contribute to balance price out. And if you find one, you can either use it or destroy and get materials loot based on their level and type.

Lore: Bandits, undeads and so on (as long as they are humanoids), are betraying/left their kin as nomads/enter your choice of reason, and selling services to everyone, and get a very slim chance to get special not-normally-craftable items
      Synced Onetyper

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Synced ()

• Neu

Ravenar schrieb:

Saya schrieb:

Ravenar schrieb:

Saya schrieb:

yes, low food buildings decay twice as fast as fed buildings...
      How low is low? If I keep my buildings des at 20%+ I will be fine?
      at 10% or below, a building enters "low food" mode...
      I checked refining station, crafting station, cook... All are 100% on my island. Either crafting stations on personal islands do not decay or crafting capacity is involved in the calculations. I think my buildings have always operated at 100% crafting capasity. (0-2 users at any time)
      My cook has been operating from very soon after the launch. Never I have needed to repair it.
      yes, all buildings on islands are exempt from the decay mechanic, while city buildings and territory buildings are not...
      Bank of Albion
      Investments & Third-Party Services
      Contact me via the Forums or Discord: Saya#4434
    • Neu

Hello, new player here. I've been following this discussion for a bit after my first experience entering Fort Sterling and being startled with having to pay a usage fee. So, perhaps I'm missing some nuance here and don't understand some deeper layer of game mechanic, but I actually have a greater appreciation for those that maintain these structures. As a new player, I was first thinking that I would have to do a farming run and sell the goods in full in order to afford refining my materials in the city. However, I realized that this is not the case.

I ran Excel and farmed T2-T4 lumber for an hour or two and came back to the marketplace. I determined that if I sold outright to avoid the usage fees I would have a profit of 255,763 silver.

I decided to go ahead and refine all my materials, take 10% of them and create weapons for study, and sell the rest. Using Diva's crafting shops with a 30% usage fee came out to 32,878 silver. After studying a few longbows and selling the rest of the materials I acquired 314,017 which would be a net profit of 281,139.

Which is 25,376 more silver than if I avoided the crafting shops altogether.

So, not only was I able to gain some fame by using the shops in Fort Sterling, but I was able to make more profit than if I were to sell my gathered materials outright. Again, maybe I'm missing some nuance here but I really don't get what all the fuss is about. I can see an issue where the few that own the majority could abuse usage fees - but a valid solution is just to *actually* outbid a plot and provide a better service in order to compete. That being said, I really don't see any abuse here. It's only my third day or so of playing the game though, which might completely invalidate my perspective for some people.

My concerns for those engaging in bid wars with the mafia:
      - When/if you win the bid, do you plan to build the same tier structure for the people of the city? When I come back from gathering it would be unfortunate to see a bunch of empty plots of land.
      - Are you not concerned that by raising the price of the plot, it won't result in higher usage fees to make up for it?
    • Neu

dataspective schrieb:

My concerns for those engaging in bid wars with the mafia:
      - When/if you win the bid, do you plan to build the same tier structure for the people of the city? When I come back from gathering it would be unfortunate to see a bunch of empty plots of land.
      - Are you not concerned that by raising the price of the plot, it won't result in higher usage fees to make up for
      I suppose the best way to answer this is to have you look at other cities. If you open your map, and click on any of the other major cities, you can see the difference in the tax. Bridgewatch, for example, has no monopoly, players compete with each other, and there is choice. More importantly, there is actually plots you can BUY.

Other side of the spectrum is Lymhurst, where the monopoly is entrenched. 120% fees, and over half the buildings are shut down due to durability. This is because the one person that owns almost everything shuts down half the city to save on food costs. These are plots already doing nothing and are worse than being empty plots of land. In real life terms, the city is a slum.

Now, I am not certain, but i think if you buy a plot of land via auction with a building on it, that building is part of the sale.

As for the second part.. there is nothing stopping a buyer from keeping the same tax rate. But by splitting it up so there is a larger variety of owners in the city, there is competition that will bring tax rate down.

The idea is not to make land more expensive as a whole, but to make holding a monopoly of the land prohibitively expensive, Right now, you can actually make a larger profit doing your T2-4 harvesting in Pen Kerrig and taking it to Thetford, especially as next zone over in Windripple Fen has T2- T4 stuff that Pen Kerrig doesnt.

Bringing prices in Fort Sterling and Lymhurst down will mean these cities will see more use, not less, which will support lower taxes in the first place
      Leader of the Kobold Merchantile Corps. To join contact Abern in game
    • Neu

dataspective schrieb:

So, not only was I able to gain some fame by using the shops in Fort Sterling, but I was able to make more profit than if I were to sell my gathered materials outright. Again, maybe I'm missing some nuance here but I really don't get what all the fuss is about.
      How much time did you spend refining, crafting and studying? Time is money. If you sold your resources outright and went back out and gathered some more instead of doing the aforementioned activities, would your better profit hold true?