rotate camera?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• I am personally a huge enemy of rotating cameras. Cause it creates confusion on where you are once you start rotating. Everyone has a more common understanding of the game world and can use Up and Down if they talk about it. In addition right now this would create tons of problems (or work in other words), from the minimap to all assets which have no back ;) and so on...

However of course there are still issues that need to be fixed. So how should we fix them?
      1. sooner or later we need a way of displaying the game characters behind walls, houses and such.
      2. we will play around with the angle a bit to make the advantege less significant
      3. we will eventually zoom out a bit more
      4. we thought about an arrow if enemys are within 30m range (viewing range south is 15m(these are example numbers)) so you have the same notification no matter from where they come

We will do 1-3 first and then experiment with 4. If you start doing 4 this may open up new specializations which will allow you to increase this radius with special gear.

Kr,
      Stefan
    • Bercilak schrieb:

I am personally a huge enemy of rotating cameras. Cause it creates confusion on where you are once you start rotating. Everyone has a more common understanding of the game world and can use Up and Down if they talk about it. In addition right now this would create tons of problems (or work in other words), from the minimap to all assets which have no back ;) and so on...

However of course there are still issues that need to be fixed. So how should we fix them?
      1. sooner or later we need a way of displaying the game characters behind walls, houses and such.
      2. we will play around with the angle a bit to make the advantege less significant
      4. we thought about an arrow if enemys are within 30m range (viewing range south is 15m(these are example numbers)) so you have the same notification no matter from where they come

We will do 1-3 first and then experiment with 4. If you start doing 4 this may open up new specializations which will allow you to increase this radius with special gear.

Kr,
      Stefan

can already tell you 4 won't be enough unless you are specific with how many members are included in that direction. But ofc there are problems that people easily find you if you add 4. but not sure how that would pan out.
      I say CAKE to fantasy races. <- feels left out
    • Bercilak schrieb:

I am personally a huge enemy of rotating cameras. Cause it creates confusion on where you are once you start rotating. Everyone has a more common understanding of the game world and can use Up and Down if they talk about it. In addition right now this would create tons of problems (or work in other words), from the minimap to all assets which have no back ;) and so on...

Thats why we have compass markers on a static map that will guide us.
    • Only been playing a day, but this has been really bothering me not having a camera rotate. I don't care even if its setup for a 90 snapping either. also can put in a camera reset button, that will help people with direction if needed.
      But yes on 1-3 they are needed as well.
    • Bercilak schrieb:

Kr,
      Stefan
      Hey Bercilak, first off, I want to say that I love your game! It's amazing so far and I'm having a great time with it. I just wanted to stop by to say though I'd love a rotate camera option so I can get more immersion into the game. I understand that it's not for everyone, but one of the great things about a feature like this is not everyone has to use it!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Shariel ()