Dev Update: Hidden Entrances and Randomized Dungeons

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I have not heard any statement of the devs what their intention with the new dungeons is regarding fame in relation to HCE, as I have no doubt that the expereince will be cool, i have the feeling that the community is most concerned if they are worth going to and will draw players from hce/cities/expeditions into openworld...
    • The PVE aspect of these dungeons sound nice, but I'm more concerned with the PvEvP part. I'm hoping these can connect other groups similar to how the blue portal dungeons were in beta, or similar to how hellgates are now.

I want to go in with a small group, get some fame/loot and have a decent chance to encounter another group doing the same thing. There's essentially two options when trying to find fights in the open world - go fame farm somewhere and hope someone contests or go dive and hope you don't find an empty dungeon. After almost two years since release this hasn't changed. These new random dungeons have the potential to shake things up and make things feel fresh again by adding more ways for people to fight each other, so please don't mess it up.
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

The PVE aspect of these dungeons sound nice, but I'm more concerned with the PvEvP part. I'm hoping these can connect other groups similar to how the blue portal dungeons were in beta, or similar to how hellgates are now.

I want to go in with a small group, get some fame/loot and have a decent chance to encounter another group doing the same thing. There's essentially two options when trying to find fights in the open world - go fame farm somewhere and hope someone contests or go dive and hope you don't find an empty dungeon. After almost two years since release this hasn't changed. These new random dungeons have the potential to shake things up and make things feel fresh again by adding more ways for people to fight each other, so please don't mess it up.

Sorry to inform you that those won't be PvE-Hellgates. But they will take about 20-30 minutes to finish and thus groups will eventually meet each other when looking for a new dungeon.
    • tabooshka wrote:

i swear people dont read

• In terms of risk vs. reward, we aim to make them a far better PvE activity than hardcore expeditions

You do know HCE have a lot of levels and SBI answer is VERY vague. These dungeons could be better then a level 1 map or even a level 10 map. But if there not better then X level map then they will not attract the HCE crowd.

And lets say normal blue dungeons that are static on the map are the same as a level 14 HCE map - the question is WHY and why should a randomized dungeon with less risk have more fame then a static more risk blue dungeon.
    • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

Eternalhaze wrote:

The PVE aspect of these dungeons sound nice, but I'm more concerned with the PvEvP part. I'm hoping these can connect other groups similar to how the blue portal dungeons were in beta, or similar to how hellgates are now.

Sorry to inform you that those won't be PvE-Hellgates. But they will take about 20-30 minutes to finish and thus groups will eventually meet each other when looking for a new dungeon.
      Believe me, its the best fame! And we're gonna make a lot of money! Billions and billions of silver!
    • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

Eternalhaze wrote:

• My only question is:

Will it be better to FF grind T5 dungeons which you get 600-700k/hr or these new dungeons?
      because if these new dungeons would have to give a lot more fame an hour than the actual dungeons or they wont be used and will be some content that very few do.
      The only way I can see SBI to ofset this problem, is make these new dungeons give such good loot, you dont mind the fame per hour.
    • If you want PVP content, just demand for more GVG flexibility, with more encounters and that shit.

New PVE should be for those players that want a hardcore PVE experience, (like real challenge against AI) don't want to engage in hardcore PVP but are somewhat ok with an occasional & totally random PVP encounter in order to not lose completely the risk.
      If I'm even going to give AO a chance again, it's got to be with something other than just finding myself suddenly fighting against a fully organized and max-geared team team or a frikking zerg of 500 tier IV geared dickheads.
      Pleas:
      Remove reroll.
      Up Item trashing chance
      Limit item repairs by quality

BTW: how's your market holding up?

The post was edited 1 time, last by rodox ().

• The game is in dire straits when it comes to open world pvp. The only consistent pvp action you have now is gvg and cgvg. Hellgates are rarely run and every dungeon worth fighting for has a scout that tells their group to leave at first contact. It's a shame these new dungeons don't have a pvp centered focus, but instead it's designed to be safer than the already existing safe dungeons.
    • How is pvp in dire straights when it happens everywhere in the open world? Everywhere in this game when I see ppl they instantly turn to attack anyone not there own. There is no community in the open world at all. Every zone worth playing in is pvp enabled. Yellow zones have all but been removed. All solo dungeons were moved to pvp zones.The entire weapon system is organized around group pvp. There is opportunity for pvp. Opportunities for those not locking down dungeons with groups of 20 or more would be kinda helpful........
    • Raithe wrote:

How is pvp in dire straights when it happens everywhere in the open world? Everywhere in this game when I see ppl they instantly turn to attack anyone not there own. There is no community in the open world at all. Every zone worth playing in is pvp enabled. Yellow zones have all but been removed. All solo dungeons were moved to pvp zones.The entire weapon system is organized around group pvp. There is opportunity for pvp. Opportunities for those not locking down dungeons with groups of 20 or more would be kinda helpful........
      I said consistent pvp.

Ganking one dude or being chased by a group of gankers is random. Like you said, this is a group oriented pvp game but there's rarely any groups in the open world willing to fight that aren't a full on zvz. Hence why I think this is a sorely missed opportunity to improve small scale fights.
    • @Thorn-Delwyn

Since we never have real Q&A sessions with your team, could you please answer what is the plan to keep the current dungeons anyhow attractive versus HCE and Randomized dungeons ?

Because I am little bit worried that current dungeons will become the least attractive option while remaining #1 risky way to gain FF. If it was me designing the game, I would keep the consistency of risk vs reward and compensate it accordingly. That would be also a great moment to introduce some limitations on HCE like a daily bonus + slight nerf outside of the bonus, or a maximum number of entrances/day. Keep it alive as it is very nice way for casual players, but don't allow hardcore players to spend whole days on HCE. At least think about that..
    • Old/ current group dungeons will have entrances added to them. Those entrances will lead to a randomized dungeon that is one tier higher than the dungeon that lead into it. (e.g. T5 Deepwood Enclave will lead to a T6 Keeper randomized dungeon).
      Most dungeons will have about 4 possible spawn locations for such an entrance of which one will be active at a time. We hope to ease the grind in old dungeons a little.

Maybe this is a good time to also mention some of the other changes that will come with Oberon:
      • Logging-out in a dungeon will take you 5 minutes
      • Spawn-Bubbles in dungeons will only last 10 sec or moving 20m away from your spawn position
      • HCEs will have their missions changed:
        • you now need to kill about 80% of the mobs + the boss
        • to accommodate the different length of HCEs they have different time limits to finish them
        • we will make additional changes if necessary
      • drop chance for HCE maps will be slightly reduced

• Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

Old/ current group dungeons will have entrances added to them. Those entrances will lead to a randomized dungeon that is one tier higher than the dungeon that lead into it. (e.g. T5 Deepwood Enclave will lead to a T6 Keeper randomized dungeon).
      Most dungeons will have about 4 possible spawn locations for such an entrance of which one will be active at a time. We hope to ease the grind in old dungeons a little.

Maybe this is a good time to also mention some of the other changes that will come with Oberon:
      • Logging-out in a dungeon will take you 5 minutes
      • Spawn-Bubbles in dungeons will only last 10 sec or moving 20m away from your spawn position
      • HCEs will have their missions changed:
        • you now need to kill about 80% of the mobs + the boss
        • to accommodate the different length of HCEs they have different time limits to finish them
        • we will make additional changes if necessary
      • drop chance for HCE maps will be slightly reduced