Re the whole line of crossbows

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Snipe shot crossbow is such an awful weapon, it should be totally overhauled. Maybe instead of massive damage it could be an instant cast ability that pins targets to each other like a bola. Or a bolt shot that shoves people backwards in a straight line. If enemies hit knock into their allies, they are slowed for a duration. If alone, they would just be slowed for a minor duration or stunned if knocked into a wall or immovable object. Both would have great synergy with explosive shot and would be an interesting mechanic to introduce into the game.

This would require the Q slots to be buffed across the board. Being an entirely skilled based ability, it only makes sense that it should do more damage.

The post was edited 3 times, last by zerfaxx ().

• letwolf wrote:

Yes, please!!
      1. Huge standtime on.AoE Q skill (remove or decrease standtime pls)
      2. Bad damage on "Auto fire Q" and it is standing channel (increase dmg and make it possible move during this channel)
      3. W skill Caltrops: Make it affect multiple enemies please. and a bit more damage will be nice
      4. W skill Knockback shot: absolutely useless. Change it to some new skill please.
      1. Agree
      2. Disagree. It has like 10 total damage less dps than Explosive Bolt. The trade off is for being a targeted spell instead of a small skill shot. I think it is pretty balanced as a starter spell (and there are situations where you will win because you use auto shot over explosive bolt)
      3. Would be nice to have an AOE but then the slow would need to be reduced. Again the damage only looks small. It actually has a higher dps value than pierce shot (2 caltrops in 8 seconds does about 260 and one pierce shot in 7 seconds plus 1 second stand time at same level does like 230-ish). But you trade the armor pen for the slow utility. Again, there are fights you will win because you take caltrops over pierce shot. Balanced
      4. totally agree with this. I would accept just lowering the cooldown to 4/5 seconds similar to caltrops and keep it an up front damage ability and keep caltrops a DoT.

my overall opinion about xbows is that you really only see boltcasters and only in high end content (or when you see some guy who is sitting in full 8.3s following a zerg) I love the crossbows and will not stop using them but I do think they need a lot of love
      R.I.P Snipe shot. I want to use standard xbow, snipe shot is literally the most historically accurate spell in the game for the weapon it was given to (9/10 vids I have watched on medieval xbows list waiting for the perfect shot as the primary Pro of xbows over longbows) I want this one in particular to actually be viable but it pretty much never is...

EDIT also we need a cast-time Q ability so we can actually use the aggressive castor passive outside of Snipe Shot
    • As a side note, another thing I take issue with the crossbows about is a thematic one

Why is there so much AoE explosive focus on xbows? the whole thing that made them famous was their ability to be used to deal with high priority targets and heavy armor. why is there so many explosive abilities but literally none that do higher damage to higher armored targets? or %max/current HP?
    • zerfaxx wrote:

Snipe shot crossbow is such an awful weapon, it should be totally overhauled. Maybe instead of massive damage it could be an instant cast ability that pins targets to each other like a bola. Or a bolt shot that shoves people backwards in a straight line. If enemies hit knock into their allies, they are slowed for a duration. If alone, they would just be slowed for a minor duration or stunned if knocked into a wall or immovable object. Both would have great synergy with explosive shot and would be an interesting mechanic to introduce into the game.

This would require the Q slots to be buffed across the board. Being an entirely skilled based ability, it only makes sense that it should do more damage.
      No no no no. Why would a crossbow fire out a flipping bola? Snipe shot is the most "Crossbow-y" ability in the tree. Even a cast time reduction down to 1.5 seconds would make it fine. Also this would completely remove the need for the Aggressive Caster passive all together. The only abilities with cast times would be on your W.

Are you a Vayne player or something? knockback into a stun on a wall? been done is good mechanic but not something you put on an ultimate. Plus crossbow players basically aren't allowed to chase kills because of the way that their kit works. I could imagine this only getting harder with inevitable save knockbacks.
    • Dryse wrote:

zerfaxx wrote:

Snipe shot crossbow is such an awful weapon, it should be totally overhauled. Maybe instead of massive damage it could be an instant cast ability that pins targets to each other like a bola. Or a bolt shot that shoves people backwards in a straight line. If enemies hit knock into their allies, they are slowed for a duration. If alone, they would just be slowed for a minor duration or stunned if knocked into a wall or immovable object. Both would have great synergy with explosive shot and would be an interesting mechanic to introduce into the game.

No no no no. Why would a crossbow fire out a flipping bola? Snipe shot is the most "Crossbow-y" ability in the tree. Even a cast time reduction down to 1.5 seconds would make it fine. Also this would completely remove the need for the Aggressive Caster passive all together. The only abilities with cast times would be on your W.
      Are you a Vayne player or something? knockback into a stun on a wall? been done is good mechanic but not something you put on an ultimate. Plus crossbow players basically aren't allowed to chase kills because of the way that their kit works. I could imagine this only getting harder with inevitable save knockbacks.
      forum.albiononline.com/index.p…08-NDA-Balance-Playtests/

Crossbows:
      • Removed the Passive 'Aggressive Caster'
      • Added the New Passive 'Well Prepared'
        • Every 4 activated spells, your Q-slot spell cooldown is instantly reseted
      • Auto Fire (all Crossbows)
        • Shot interval: 0.5s -> 0.4s
        • Damage per Tick: 28.01 -> 37.00
        • Explosion Damage: 67.22 -> 89.00
      • Knockback Shot (all Crossbows)
        • Now also increases Atttack- and Cast Speed by 50% for 4s
        • Cooldown: 10s -> 8s
        • Knockback Distance: 5.27 -> 10.00
        • Damage: 41.13 -> 62.00
        • Hit Delay: 0.2s -> 0.1s
        • Standtime: 0.4s -> 0.2s
      • Snipeshot (regular Crossbow)
        • Damage: 380.25 -> 418.00
        • Range: 15m -> 16m
        • Standtime: 0.6s -> 0.4

These are some good changes, new passive is interesting, and auto fire might be good too. snipeshot will definately hurt now, not sure if it will be worth the giant cast time tho
    • Dryse wrote:

zerfaxx wrote:

I don't play that garbage league game low IQ crap

that mechanic existed way before riot copy and pasted and then dumb downed everything from WC3

the fact that you even compared my suggestion to league makes me doubt any of your opinions