"True" and "Direct" damage types question.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• True damages can be reduced (#albion) by % damage reduction: for example resistance pot/ plate armor passives.
      Since focus fire is also % damage reduction it should be reducing true damages too.
      However it's Albion and mechanics are never that simple. The only easy way to test it is to see if your stat "% damage reduction against players" gets increased while under focus fire buff.
    • Gugusteh wrote:

True damages can be reduced (#albion) by % damage reduction: for example resistance pot/ plate armor passives.
      Since focus fire is also % damage reduction it should be reducing true damages too.
      However it's Albion and mechanics are never that simple. The only easy way to test it is to see if your stat "% damage reduction against players" gets increased while under focus fire buff.
      I believe this is false. I've used a specter jacket on myself both with and without shield/%defense buffs and there was no difference in the damage.

As for the OP's question, I suspect that it's simply a difference in wording for slightly difference effects. Note that the weapons that deal "direct" damage do so as a % of the target's health, where the "true" damage weapons deal a flat amount.
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Gugusteh wrote:

True damages can be reduced (#albion) by % damage reduction: for example resistance pot/ plate armor passives.
      I believe this is false. I've used a specter jacket on myself both with and without shield/%defense buffs and there was no difference in the damage.
      As for the OP's question, I suspect that it's simply a difference in wording for slightly difference effects. Note that the weapons that deal "direct" damage do so as a % of the target's health, where the "true" damage weapons deal a flat amount.
      Can you test it once more, on other person (in duel for example)? I believe that %dmg bonuses dont work to self damage. I guess reductions too have weird behavior on self damage.

At least poison potion damage, stated as True damage, certainly does increase with %dmg and getting reduced with %reduction
    • Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Gugusteh wrote:

self inflicted damages of the specter jacket are not reduced by % resistances but by % damage reduction (enfeeble/ guardian helm counterpart) it is a particular spell since the damages are inflicted by yourself and not another player.
      My statement is still true, specter jacket self damages are just particular.
    • Well, as for true damage it's more or less explored part.
      The other part is more unknown.
      What I've noticed from my experience and observation, "direct" % HP damage from dual swords, cursed scull, and siedgebow, are melting Focus Fire protected targets very well.
      Just curious, for devs confirmation, if it's true, or it's just my sick imagination))))
      @H4n1baL
      WTB skill
    • Gugusteh wrote:

Fred_the_Barbarian wrote:

Gugusteh wrote:

I believe this is false. I've used a specter jacket on myself both with and without shield/%defense buffs and there was no difference in the damage.As for the OP's question, I suspect that it's simply a difference in wording for slightly difference effects. Note that the weapons that deal "direct" damage do so as a % of the target's health, where the "true" damage weapons deal a flat amount.
      self inflicted damages of the specter jacket are not reduced by % resistances but by % damage reduction (enfeeble/ guardian helm counterpart) it is a particular spell since the damages are inflicted by yourself and not another player.My statement is still true, specter jacket self damages are just particular.
      It's reduced by % damage reduction because that lowers your damage boost. Admittedly I'd have to test it on a target with % resist to be sure but since your own % resist doesn't work I have doubts.
    • gmatagmis wrote:

"True" (Black Hands / Bear Paws) ignores resistances.
      "Direct" (Dual Swords / Siedgebow / Cursed Scull) ignores Focus Fire protection.
      Is it correct?
      Actually True Damage and Direct Damage are the same. I'll change the tooltips to use the same word for both cases.

I think direct damage was refered to percentage based damage. i.e. deals 3% of the enemy's max health as direct damage.
      I'll change that to deals 3% of the enemy's max health as true damage, to avoid more confusion in the future. :)

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Retroman wrote:

Actually True Damage and Direct Damage are the same. I'll change the tooltips to use the same word for both cases.

I think direct damage was refered to percentage based damage. i.e. deals 3% of the enemy's max health as direct damage.
      I'll change that to deals 3% of the enemy's max health as true damage, to avoid more confusion in the future.

Cheers,
      Retro
      TYVM for answer <3
      Does it ignore Focus Fire protection?
      WTB skill
    • Gugusteh wrote:

look at every stat........
      it's weapons stats dude, its not E stats
      Good point. Wtf does it mean then?
      EDIT: found my answer which probably answers @gmatagmis

Melee is actually quite strong in ZvZ, the reason is unknown to most but the Devs added in "Resilience" and "Resilience Penetration" (Unless it was removed, which im pretty sure it hasnt been).

Resilience is basically your ability to negate damage based on how many people are attacking you. If you've noticed before, if you have like 15 people attacking 1 guy, they do less damage than normal.

Resilience Penetration is exactly as it sounds, the passive ability to damage through resilience.

Melee weapons are the only weapons with this penetration. This was added to make them more useful in zerg fights. They can still deal higher damage even if 15 people are hitting the same guy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wadefu ().