If you could add, remove, or modify ONE aspect of Albion Online - what would it be?

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Bogul schrieb:

50vs50vs50 Map like a hellgate, but not in hell that takes a few hours max, where you start naked but with your unlocks and need to build up a small base, compete against others with full loot to get gear and then smash.

Concept: Limited time, competiton map to re-live the launch rush gameplay
      This is very interesting.

Mandala schrieb:

Veetus!! Only one?! Come on...

A few:
      • Map layout (I share your opinion);
      • Remove alliances or cap them to same number as guilds;
      • Balance fast mount ganking;
      • Rework 2vs2 HG's into 3vs3 HG's;
      • Add random valuable spawns into Open-World (special mob, treasure, etc.);
      • Add more tools to the sandbox (professions, achievements, etc.)
      • Rethink solo player experience and how to improve it;
      • Cap HCE's to lvl 10.
      Cheers
      Only one because that makes you choose the single most important thing that you feel needs addressed. Way to not follow the one ask! :D

Larec schrieb:

I'd get rid of the small maps and have the whole world of Albion on a single, seamless map - just like UO did (with invisible server-borders).
      I wonder if this is something they can technically even do at this point? Seems interesting. You basically just want to get rid of the loading screens?
    • I have one more!
      This one will 99% never happen (just like most you guys mention), but it could potentially make game more interesting, "fluid" and open.

- Use SpetialOS as Mutliplayer Solution. [remove zone system]

For those unfamiliar: SpetialOS is Multiplayer Solution that have unique look at how your game multiplayer works. Im not sure, but as far as I know Albion uses Photon as multiplayer solution, which is for sure doing it's work, but it is not focused on making servers cooperate, but rather makes them work each on their own. SpetialOS on other hand could be used in order to remove zone feature and make one huge world which is build from multiple servers that you switch between without even noticing it. SpetialOS have also some other cool features, but that's like the biggest one, where I could also pretty easily say that it's possible that Server Side performance of game could be better, but this whole idea of changing Multiplayer Solution would take loads of time, because it would basically mean that almost whole game's code would need to be rewrote, so yeah.
    • DuendeBrek schrieb:

I have one more!
      This one will 99% never happen (just like most you guys mention), but it could potentially make game more interesting, "fluid" and open.

- Use SpetialOS as Mutliplayer Solution. [remove zone system]

For those unfamiliar: SpetialOS is Multiplayer Solution that have unique look at how your game multiplayer works. Im not sure, but as far as I know Albion uses Photon as multiplayer solution, which is for sure doing it's work, but it is not focused on making servers cooperate, but rather makes them work each on their own. SpetialOS on other hand could be used in order to remove zone feature and make one huge world which is build from multiple servers that you switch between without even noticing it. SpetialOS have also some other cool features, but that's like the biggest one, where I could also pretty easily say that it's possible that Server Side performance of game could be better, but this whole idea of changing Multiplayer Solution would take loads of time, because it would basically mean that almost whole game's code would need to be rewrote, so yeah.
      This would be nice. I have heard of this before. Maybe @Eltharyon can chime in on if something like this is possible/planned. It does seem like a good technical enhancement for sure.

Calesvol schrieb:

#1 Need to be able to progress character development through player-versus-player combat. For a game that revolves around PVP, it is absolutely egregious that you cannot "level-up" while playing the game's core feature. The powers-at-be absolutely need to figure out an appropriate solution to make this happen.
      The reason this is not a thing, is mainly because it can be exploited. In a perfect world, without exploitation, this feature would definitely be awesome.
    • Veetus schrieb:

The reason this is not a thing, is mainly because it can be exploited. In a perfect world, without exploitation, this feature would definitely be awesome.
      Hence the "the powers-at-be absolutely need to figure out an appropriate solution to make this happen". We all know why it is not a feature, but that is just not good enough. There are plenty of ways to exploit various game systems, and as a "PVP" game, you need to be able to creatively create a system by which players can progress while PVPing and limit the amount of exploitation.
    • Veetus schrieb:

DuendeBrek schrieb:

#1 Need to be able to progress character development through player-versus-player combat. For a game that revolves around PVP, it is absolutely egregious that you cannot "level-up" while playing the game's core feature. The powers-at-be absolutely need to figure out an appropriate solution to make this happen.
      Easy solution is to just add a formula which will make buying tomes more efficient then exploiting this feature.
      I already talked about it with @Evoque few months ago and I actually don't know why this awesome "Fame from PvP" idea haven't been yet explored futher (I assume it wasn't)
    • I really do not understand the exploitation side of this. I mean, the game is already setup to award a fame value based on the inventory of the person you are killing, so the only real work here is to figure how to adjust that value in way that it does not make sense to gear up your buddy and kill him over and over. Plus, you could add in logic for diminishing returns when killing the same person within relatively short periods of time.

But, at the end of the day, if some super rich dude wants to gear up his buddy in 8.3 gear and kill him in order to get massive fame, then so what? This effectively creates a gear sink and again, this could be adjusted so that the cost implication is such that it is better to buy tomes of insight.

And, if this something that is against ToS, then there's always the possibility of a ban if you get caught doing it. Done. Problem solved.
    • Calesvol schrieb:

Veetus schrieb:

Hence the "the powers-at-be absolutely need to figure out an appropriate solution to make this happen". We all know why it is not a feature, but that is just not good enough. There are plenty of ways to exploit various game systems, and as a "PVP" game, you need to be able to creatively create a system by which players can progress while PVPing and limit the amount of exploitation.
      I get it, but there's no solution being offered. Just a desire of an exploitable feature.

DuendeBrek schrieb:

Veetus schrieb:

DuendeBrek schrieb:

Easy solution is to just add a formula which will make buying tomes more efficient then exploiting this feature.I already talked about it with @Evoque few months ago and I actually don't know why this awesome "Fame from PvP" idea haven't been yet explored futher (I assume it wasn't)
      Interesting - can you give more details on how this would work? I am intrigued.

Calesvol schrieb:

I really do not understand the exploitation side of this. I mean, the game is already setup to award a fame value based on the inventory of the person you are killing, so the only real work here is to figure how to adjust that value in way that it does not make sense to gear up your buddy and kill him over and over. Plus, you could add in logic for diminishing returns when killing the same person within relatively short periods of time.

But, at the end of the day, if some super rich dude wants to gear up his buddy in 8.3 gear and kill him in order to get massive fame, then so what? This effectively creates a gear sink and again, this could be adjusted so that the cost implication is such that it is better to buy tomes of insight.

And, if this something that is against ToS, then there's always the possibility of a ban if you get caught doing it. Done. Problem solved.
      The reason the exploitation would be a problem in my opinion is very simple:

The design intention behind PvP-based progression would be for natural PvP scenarios, not anything that would be considered boosting. It would go against the way the feature would be designed for, thus causing it to be an exploit.

" so the only real work here is to figure how to adjust that value in way that it does not make sense to gear up your buddy and kill him over and over." << This is exactly the solution that is needing solved. I just have not seen any explanations or suggestions that seem feasible.
    • DuendeBrek schrieb:

Veetus schrieb:

DuendeBrek schrieb:

Easy solution is to just add a formula which will make buying tomes more efficient then exploiting this feature.I already talked about it with @Evoque few months ago and I actually don't know why this awesome "Fame from PvP" idea haven't been yet explored futher (I assume it wasn't)
      Yup just had untradable tomes that drop like the ones after an arena match. Depending on the gear score the drop gets bigger or smaller. Doesn't have to be a huge amount of fame neither.
    • Calesvol schrieb:

This is either going to be exploited or unsignificant.
      Also such a feature would be a nightmare to balance because of the way killfame is given and it could have a super strong impact on the market.
      imo it's not worth it even if it looks cool on the paper
    • Mandala schrieb:

Veetus!! Only one?! Come on...

A few:
      • Map layout (I share your opinion);
      • Remove alliances or cap them to same number as guilds;
      • Balance fast mount ganking;
      • Rework 2vs2 HG's into 3vs3 HG's;
      • Add random valuable spawns into Open-World (special mob, treasure, etc.);
      • Add more tools to the sandbox (professions, achievements, etc.)
      • Rethink solo player experience and how to improve it;
      • Cap HCE's to lvl 10.
      Cheers
      +1
    • Buff 3x fame in black zones,2x in red zones for pushing people outside of caerleon.

Limit the alliance guild numbers and players.

Move the servers in eu country. (still dont understand why sbi torturing us.Eu is more crowded and playing 100+ ping in a fast reaction necessary game.Mine is 170 most of the time)

2.5x smaller map.

Remove bubbles when people entering new zones.

Not one thing i know but if i have to select 1 of these,i would choose first one.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von Arqe ()