Well, I guess I played the game wrong.

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Well, I guess I played the game wrong.

I picked up the trial version of the game and leveled everything up that I could within the restrictions of the trial (all armor types: cloth, leather, plate // a weapon from each category: axe, bow, curse staff), all the gathering, refining, and crafting skills. I did this so I could get a feel for the game and decide what I wanted to do.

I decided on wearing leather armor and a greataxe for combat. Because of these selections, I decided to gather skins, ore, and wood so I could craft leather armor and greataxes. My plan was perfect, I thought. I bought the game and was stoked to continue the progression I had started in the trial.

Then after one night of playing my learning points were gone. RIP.

Is the intention really to need an alt for gathering ore, an alt for gathering wood, an alt for gathering skins, an alt for refining ore, an alt for refining wood, an alt for refining skins, an alt for crafting leather helms, an alt for crafting leather chests, an alt for crafting leather boots, and an alt for crafting greataxes? 10 alts to support one combat character in order to not be LP starved after one day of T4 play?

I'm wearing full T5 from the market but can't refine T5 materials for a single type of resource (I've spent 90% of my game time gathering ore like a drone and yet I'm not even half way from T4 to T5 refining, refining 100% of my gathered materials). I thought with this game's focus on crafting it would be fun to be able to make some of my own equipment, but a couple nights after buying the game my chances of ever making another useful item for myself are already 0. My crafting could never catch my wearable level. I guess I could quit the game and come back in a month (leaving my sub running) so I'd have some LP again but what's the point in that?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Solix ()

• Prime example of people using LP as a crutch. Skills should be levelled by gaining fame ... LP is just a nice boost and should be used selectively to level the right skills at the right time. Sounds like you’ve been throwing them at every skill at every level.

This shouldn’t be a show stopper for you. Just start using them a bit more thoughtfully from this point onward and work out what skills level easier than others and what skills are a pain in the butt and you get the best bang for your buck by using LP on.

You are correct though in that an alt can help a lot. It’s not absolutely needed though and I know players who have done it all on one character.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Midgard ()

• It is very much possible to craft your own set of gear. I have a friend who does a lot of solo ganking and he crafts his own leather armor, claws, farms his own t3 and 4 horses as well as gathers leather on the side. The thing about it is that it takes time to do this. You can't expect with just 7 days of trial time and 100 learning points to be able to do all these things at once.

You also have to understand too that Albion rewards you more for heavily focusing on a specific task. In the long run it would be better to fully max out a single path then to spread yourself thin but even with that said you are still able to do more then just one thing. It comes down to your determination. Albion can be a bit grindy when you run out of LP.
    • My mentality is kind of like yours and I've been playing for an year and 3 months now.

It is impossible to do everything by yourself. I wanted to do it aswell, but you cant. And even if you can, its not worth it, ever. Even with alts, forget it. This isnt that kind of game. Crafted weapons/gear cost less than the materials required to craft it for example.

I only use LP in gathering skills. It's the only thing worth it. Combat skills can be earned through fame farm/credits, crafting can be leveled up with silver/gold. The only thing that is a pain in the ass is gathering. Even by using LP to level up gathering skills, you still farm enough materials to keep up your refining skills.
    • I don't think that LP is introduced to players very well. More often then not people spend them frivolously and regret it, rather than using them as an effective boost to their skill path(s) of choice.

Those bonus LP are a lot like the points you get to add to your stats/skills in character creation in a lot of RPGs, valuable, finite and gained slowly over time. If the bonus LP had been presented to me that way I would have made better choices.
    • After start playing, you will learn how to use LP in one month. By that time you have already spent 600 Learning Points and you will realise you've done something wrong and somethings rights. 1 month is not that much and it's the best way to learn how to use LP. You just use it on farming for t4 or t5, few weapon, crafting some stuff. At least you have fun, dont get bored, and experience several aspects of the game.

The only time that this would have been bad was in the game launch, because while you wasted 600 LP in several stuff someone else already had 100 spec on something.

By this time it really doesnt matter. One month of wasted LP isnt that much.
    • Iam a new player aswell, learning points are confusing and i spent some the wrong way, after reading abit more i found out best way to spent tnem on gathering because thats going really slow. Iam a lone wolf and want to craft my own gear so iam doing wood and leather crafting and gathering, its time consuming but its the way i like to play. Currently T6 in crafting T5 in gathering, soon i move to the black zones, i suspect to loose alot off gear while practicing PvP so trying to build a stack of materials to make replacement gear. For some income i sell all the green/blue materials, works ok for now.
    • In my opinion:

1. You can NOT play this game "wrong" you can only play HOW YOU WANT TO.

2. This game definitely rewards specialization. However, focusing on just one branch at a time, or one area at a time (say weapon specializations) is totally fine, but you are still free to non-LP grind the other skill trees in the game.

I am currently, on one character specializing in:

- Stews (100/100)
      - Omelettes (100/100)
      - Pumpkin farming (60ish/100)
      - Wheat farming (30ish/100)

I know that there are many other people who specialize in many more avenues all on one character.

Play the game how you want. Don't worry about being super duper efficient unLESS that is what you want to worry about.

Remember to play the game and have fun!
    • Neu

MadSkillzDLR schrieb:

My mentality is kind of like yours and I've been playing for an year and 3 months now.

It is impossible to do everything by yourself. I wanted to do it aswell, but you cant. And even if you can, its not worth it, ever. Even with alts, forget it. This isnt that kind of game. Crafted weapons/gear cost less than the materials required to craft it for example.

I only use LP in gathering skills. It's the only thing worth it. Combat skills can be earned through fame farm/credits, crafting can be leveled up with silver/gold. The only thing that is a pain in the ass is gathering. Even by using LP to level up gathering skills, you still farm enough materials to keep up your refining skills.

I agree with the "It is impossible to do everything by yourself." to a certain extent. Technically one can achieve everything at one point or another. Sure it may take years, but it is doable. I fail to see how a player who's maxed out the destiny board would be saying it's not worth it, if you could enlighten me further? I figured achieving everything on one character would open you up to do everything in the game you'd like to do.

Solix schrieb:

I picked up the trial version of the game and leveled everything up that I could within the restrictions of the trial (all armor types: cloth, leather, plate // a weapon from each category: axe, bow, curse staff), all the gathering, refining, and crafting skills. I did this so I could get a feel for the game and decide what I wanted to do.

I decided on wearing leather armor and a greataxe for combat. Because of these selections, I decided to gather skins, ore, and wood so I could craft leather armor and greataxes. My plan was perfect, I thought. I bought the game and was stoked to continue the progression I had started in the trial.

Then after one night of playing my learning points were gone. RIP.

Is the intention really to need an alt for gathering ore, an alt for gathering wood, an alt for gathering skins, an alt for refining ore, an alt for refining wood, an alt for refining skins, an alt for crafting leather helms, an alt for crafting leather chests, an alt for crafting leather boots, and an alt for crafting greataxes? 10 alts to support one combat character in order to not be LP starved after one day of T4 play?

I'm wearing full T5 from the market but can't refine T5 materials for a single type of resource (I've spent 90% of my game time gathering ore like a drone and yet I'm not even half way from T4 to T5 refining, refining 100% of my gathered materials). I thought with this game's focus on crafting it would be fun to be able to make some of my own equipment, but a couple nights after buying the game my chances of ever making another useful item for myself are already 0. My crafting could never catch my wearable level. I guess I could quit the game and come back in a month (leaving my sub running) so I'd have some LP again but what's the point in that?

As a new player myself less experienced than you, I've gotten two things out of this thread. Hoard my LP points, play whatever way I feel like playing. LP is not your main source of XP in this game, fame is. The more you do it, the further you go, the more you practice it, the better qualities get. Do not depend on LP, and hoard it from now on for end game stuff, or at least when you have more experience of the game itself.
    • Neu

You just decided to play with LP's in a wrong way dude..

Same thing happened to me long time ago and i was like "lol how can i fame up these shits?".I left the game,come back,then left again and come back.Then i learnt this:There is no way to get endless LP for everything i want.If i want to reach my targets,i have to fame up them without LP.Have to use LP's for critical,important skills."

Now everything is fine.

Also SBI have to make really understandble video for new coemrs cause it really confuses people.