Piddle Co. - Merchantilism: Pros vs Cons?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TradeMark wrote:

Build your own AH on your own guild island and list your items for 1 silver u have no limit on storage ( cost a bit silver but who cares when u have so much materials).just put in a buy order how much u want out from your private AH then u dont need to buy for those 2-3 mil guild chest slots
      Good to know. I have no experience of chests, islands, and private AH's. So the info is genuinely useful if it works.

I am a trader. I would rather turn things over than to hoard them. So, rather than paying a storage fee, I would be getting a profit for every stack. I noticed they don't manipulate food prices. Trading food related could have lower requirement for warehousing.
    • F20 wrote:

You should know to account for weight before trying to become a teacher,
      oh do tell! I was replying to Player112 who commented that he had "no clue" ("scratches head") on how all that stuff can be stored. Plus, Im pretty confident that guild island chest has more then enough weight capacity to be fulled to the brim.

F20 wrote:

also who says he needs any chests, if its a simple buy low > sell high he flip it all from the AH
      Who says its simple buy low > sell high flip on the AH? Did you not read the thread? Piddle said he had an "inventory" - and if you know how AH works, it maxes out at page 20 (in your completed orders). And I really doubt he can fit 3k stacks of a given material on 20 pages. Not to mention other issues where you get partial stack sales (when setting up sell/buy orders, they fill in units at a time, not entire stacks at a time, unless someone sells him 3k stacks right off the bat - which is very highly improbable)
    • It's all in guild tabs.

While both R&D and Markets Division have access to the resources if they should need them, it is unlikely that they will see the light of day again for months and when they do it will probably be to be used to craft something, not to sell directly for silver.

F2P was seen as a near once in a lifetime event to acquire a massive amount of T2/T3 at the absolute lowest prices. Immediately monetizing it isn't really that important when the chances of it losing relative value to silver is so low. At no time in history did more players sell more hours of labor in game for such a relatively low amount of silver. The crush of free to play, along with the historical highs in crafting station taxes, helped create a sort of perfect storm buying opportunity. Maximum Volume for the least amount of time/silver.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

It's all in guild tabs.
      aha! I win:

Captainrussia wrote:

1) take the number of slots in a given chest (or better - the biggest chest, that is one on a guild island).

Piddle wrote:

F2P was seen as a near once in a lifetime event to acquire a massive amount of T2/T3 at the absolute lowest prices. Immediately monetizing it isn't really that important when the chances of it losing relative value to silver is so low. At no time in history did more players sell more hours of labor in game for such a relatively low amount of silver. The crush of free to play, along with the historical highs in crafting station taxes, helped create a sort of perfect storm buying opportunity. Maximum Volume for the least amount of time/silver.
      And now this is what I call genius! Hats off to you sir! Brilliant analysis and appears that the execution was brilliant as well. Bravo!
    • I've never power leveled laborers before, and I had 3 unfilled plots, so I decided to actually track progress to get a more accurate idea on how it works. My methodology was to build T8 houses, with T8 furniture and all applicable trophies (T2-T8 General, Spyglass and Shark) and install 3 fresh crafting laborers in each. Day 0 I gave them each a T2 general journal, and then on Day 1 (and any following level up) I gave them the same tier general journal again (This is to get around the invisible happiness timer that occurs on level up). Afterwards, I gave them the Tier appropriate general journal until the next level up occurred.

Warning: Day 1 and Day 2 are off because I was also testing laborer placement in the houses, and I moved them without paying attention to what I was doing, and thus lost track. Day 2 onward are accurate though.

The bolded ones are the level ups with whatever fame was passed on to the next tier.
    • I decided to go on another adventure in numbers and crafting, a worksheet for all the little crafty boys and crafty girls out in Albion, banging on their ores and metal bars.

I have decided to title it, "Piddle Crafts a New Pair of Shoes: A story in two cities." It is a tale of glory and tragedy, of refining cloth in Lymhurst and crafting cloth shoes in Bridgewatch. Sure to be a top 10 bestseller.

Our tale starts in Lymhurst where we find ourselves in possession of 16 T4 Fiber and 8 T3 Cloth.

Lymhurst has the benefit of 35% Resource return for the refinement of the fibers, and so with monumental effort we click on the craft button. Legends would have us believe that by pressing this button we would receive the holy bounty of 8 Cloth and still have remaining the resources to craft another 2.8 Cloth (8*.35). The gods are fickle sometimes though, and the rounding continues unseen on occasion, so there is a little wiggle room.

:Light blinds you and suddenly before you appears:

The great powers were with us today and we received not only 8 cloth, but a bounty of enough resources to craft 3 or more if we so chose.

So for the cost of 10 T4 Fiber and 5 T3 Cloth we have received 8 T4 Cloth!

---

Now risking great peril we much travel to the grandest of all cities, Bridgewatch. Where we will be be receiving a 25% Resource return for the crafting of our cloth shoes!

Having made his selection, and with a mighty press upon another crafting button, our hero hopes to use only 6 of the required 8 cloth to summon his might footwear into existence! Will we end up with 2 Cloth and a nifty new pair of footwear? Stay tuned!

:your vision darkens to black, but quickly returns to normal: What has changed though?

Success! Rain still wet. The sun continues to rise. We have received our new, albeit humble, shoes and they have only cost us 6 T4 Cloth (8 - (8*.25))!

Thus our tale could have concluded, but our gallant savior Piddle holds ancient knowledge, passed down to him by those crafters of the before times. Knowledge of Journals, and laborers! So his crafting wisdom fills his trusty journal with the potential for even more resources!

What do these esoteric scribblings mean? I shall guide you young crafter! This noble journal, once full, will yield the bounty of 16 refined T4 resources to its master, once given to a humble laborer and the requisite 22 hours have passed, given the laborer is 100% happy, or even the possibility of 24 refined T4 resources if he is an unbelievable 150% happy!

However, one noble pair of kicks is not enough to fill the vastness of said journal. In fact it is only 15% (180/1200) full! So, what we have earned is only 2.4 (16*.15) T4 refined Resources or 3.6 (24*.15) T4 refined resources. Luckily, Piddle treats his laborers with utmost respect, and provides the finest of furnishings, so he will receive the maximum benefit of 3.6 (8*.45) resources, or 45% of the actual 8 resource the shoes cost in returns! What dark arts are these, to be in the hands of mortal man.

---

Appendix 1:
      Refining

8 T4 Cloth = 10.4 (16*(1-.35)) T4 Fiber and 5.2 (8*(1-.35)) T3 Cloth @ 35% RRR

6 T4 Cloth = 7.8 (12*(1-.35)) T4 Fiber and 3.9 (6*(1-.35)) T3 Cloth @ 35% RRR

3.6 T4 Cloth = 4.68 (7.2*(1-.35)) T4 Fiber and 2.34 (3.6*(1-.35)) T3 Cloth @ 35% RRR

2.4 T4 Cloth = 3.12 (4.8*(1-.35)) T4 Fiber and 1.56 (2.4*(1-.35)) T3 Cloth @ 35% RRR

Appendix 2:
      Crafting

1 T4 Cloth Shoes = 6 (8*(1-.25)) T4 Cloth @ 25% RRR

or

1 T4 Cloth Shoes = 3.6 (8*(1-(.25+.30))) T4 Cloth @ 25% RRR + 30% (100%) Journal RRR

or

1 T4 Cloth Shoes = 2.4 (8*(1-(.25+.45))) T4 Cloth @ 25% RRR + 45% (150%) Journal RRR

Appendix 3:
      Refining + Crafting (w/ Focus)

1 T4 Cloth Shoes = .56 (8*(1-(.48+.45)) T4 Cloth @ 48% RRR + 45% (150%) Journal RRR

.56 T4 Cloth = .5264 (1.12*(1-.53)) T4 Fiber and .2632 (.56*(1-.53)) T3 Cloth @ 53% RRR

1 T4 Cloth Shoes = .5264 T4 Fiber and .2632 T3 Cloth @ 48% RRR + 45% (150%) Journal RRR (crafting) and 53% RRR (refining)

*My brain shut down a while ago. So, as is usual, don't trust me at all*