Community-Wide vote for game restart

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Community-Wide vote for game restart

Many of us have been here since alpha or beta stages of this game. In my discussions with most players, I think if we held an Albion-wide player vote, a server wipe and restart (just like between each phase of alpha and beta) would pass in a landslide. Correct the issues with alliance power, and restart the game. It’s the only way this game will stay alive.

This question wasn’t in the year-end survey so I posit it again here.

Nobody wants to grind our way up again, but most all players agree that a) it was fun and b) the game needs this.
  • They identified the most serious problems of the game's health. You have to be patient for them to begin to implement the changes in the health of the game in the long-run. A wipe is the most vague and unprofessional solution there may be.

Retroman schrieb:

Hello everyone,

after taking in all your feedback and more internal disucssions, we decided to NOT implement the proposed friendly fire change.

The alliance system in this regard will stay unchanged for season 5.

We are aware, this would have been a very big change in a running game, even for a test period. That is why we wanted to evaluate this proposal with you, the community, before trying it in the live game. Obviously the opinions on this are quite divided and there is no clear agreement on this. Therefore we are looking at other options instead.

Our Take Away for the future:
    From the feedback in this thread, I noted these as your main problems with alliances:

• The entry Barrier is too high. New and smaller guilds are more or less forced into one of the big alliances. Because it is too difficult to get involved in any kind of end game content without joining them. (i.e. GvG scene / crystal realm / castle fights, etc.)
    • Only a few top GvG teams fight the majority of all fights, making it extremely difficult to get fresh blood into this scene. Since the top teams circumvent most locking mechanics and potentially fight alliance-wide
    • Alliance armies are too mobile. An Alliance can spontanously accumulate all online members fast at any spot of the world. They are not regionally bound in any sense. Making it hard to have smaller skirmishes, because battles easily escalate in numbers, due to reinforcements getting there very fast.
    • There is not enough incentives to fight enemies in the open world; outside of the structured fights.
    • Mega Alliances lead to a lot of no-shows and auto wins in crystal realm battles.

These are all things which needs more fundamental changes and / or reevaluation of some existing features and content in the game. Which is why we won't be able to adress these points for the short time left until season 5. But we are aware of these problems and will prepare solutions to see how we can best improve those aspects in the long-run.

Regarding Point 5), we will make a change to Crystal Realm battles for Season 5:
    In Season 5, Auto Wins (aka No Shows) will not generate any season points anymore. This way we want to make it less attractive to have a majority of towers queuing from one alliance. Which creates a bigger incentive to not accumulate too many guilds in one alliance. Potentially leading to less No Shows.

Cheers,
    Retro
    The first change is already taking effect. The amount of GvG's that are being played now is not comparable with any previous time, thanks to the IP Cap. If they manage to mitigate the mercenary system and can eliminate the zerg's ability to move from X to Y in a matter of minutes they will have solved a large portion of the problem.
    Farmer.
  • Ok, so the players who have responded so far do not represent the 100s of people I’ve talked to in guild discord’s and in game. I didn’t want to write a long thesis for the many reasons why a wipe would help the game, so I just proposed a vote. Have a multiple choice on login next month. There are many reason why:

1) more content. When everybody is out there leveling everything, player involvement is at an all-time high and more unpredictable (a good thing)

2) market restart- deflation stabilization

3) the long-term effect of too much alliance power are guilds with so much residual wealth as to be untouchable. This does not go away when mega-alliance problems are fixed. The betas never went long enough to see the effects of long term power imbalance. The in-game wealth sits so heavily on the guild leaders of previous season winners. This doesn’t just go away.

4) I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, there are other reasons too and I’ve heard them explained to me, but my in game experience is that such a vote would pass in a landslide.

5) my favorite part of this game so far has been the adventure up to the top. When you’re out there solo PvP’ing and you don’t know if your opponent is 10 spec or 300 spec. When taking a 6.3 node was meaningful. Now, even John Casual is nearing 400 spec because of LP growth. I don’t think I’m the only one. The content has become monotonous.
  • Bigboyz schrieb:

Ok, so the players who have responded so far do not represent the 100s of people I’ve talked to in guild discord’s and in game. I didn’t want to write a long thesis for the many reasons why a wipe would help the game, so I just proposed a vote. Have a multiple choice on login next month. There are many reason why:

1) more content. When everybody is out there leveling everything, player involvement is at an all-time high and more unpredictable (a good thing)

2) market restart- deflation stabilization

3) the long-term effect of too much alliance power are guilds with so much residual wealth as to be untouchable. This does not go away when mega-alliance problems are fixed. The betas never went long enough to see the effects of long term power imbalance. The in-game wealth sits so heavily on the guild leaders of previous season winners. This doesn’t just go away.

4) I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, there are other reasons too and I’ve heard them explained to me, but my in game experience is that such a vote would pass in a landslide.

5) my favorite part of this game so far has been the adventure up to the top. When you’re out there solo PvP’ing and you don’t know if your opponent is 10 spec or 300 spec. When taking a 6.3 node was meaningful. Now, even John Casual is nearing 400 spec because of LP growth. I don’t think I’m the only one. The content has become monotonous.
    Most people quit the game because it's a bad game, or because they found out it's just not for them. Those people won't come back if you restart.

I'm getting the impression you think 100% of people will come back if the devs wipe the server. They won't.

In fact, even more players will quit. I wouldn't even log into the game if I knew the server would get wiped at some point.

Everybody has an idyllic memory of "the early days" of a certain game. Wow vanilla will be shit, because wow vanilla is a shit game with today's standards. Albion Online after wipe will also be shit.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • Bigboyz schrieb:

I guess I don’t understand why you’re opposed to a vote.
    Because this is suggested every 2nd week by some retard.

It's a fucking persistent world mmorpg. If the devs wipe the server, they change the fundamental premise of any mmorpg and will lose a ton of customers as a result.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • So lets just wipe all the hard work people put in so people that left the game in first weeks because they couldnt compete have another shot at being top1 and then they gonna quit 3 weeks later

Wipe doesnt solve problems, suggesting that over fixing core issues is just plain dumb and ignorant"

I will tell you your vote has 0 value, because you are not paying anything.
  • Bigboyz schrieb:

Then in your official platform you can describe your position: “it’s just plain dumb and ignorant”. I’m sure your rationale will win lots of votes.
    The guy you're talking to said other things too.

You cherrypicked a small part of his reply and used it completely out of context.

Please don't participate in discussions on the forum if you can't even have a basic conversation.
  • You are basing your prediction on the premise that a wipe will cause lots of players to leave. The counterpoint is that the lack of current new content is continually causing lots of players to leave. I have barely played in the past few months, because it has become boring. And I can get into any guild I want.

Additonally, new players (and not just new accounts by old players) are not coming. I have personally bought 3 friends of mine full accounts for Christmas, they played for a bit and quit because the current mechanic for grinding and LP puts them nearly forever behind the main body of current players.

All I did was point out meaningless tripe in your comments. It does not make your point stronger to say someone is a retard, or dumb, or ignorant. Those are things you say when you’re too lazy to think about a real response. Or, you don’t think your response was strong enough so you pepper with needless name calling.