Community-Wide vote for game restart

  • They could always release a seasonal version on a separate server, that gives 2-3 times fame but gets wiped at end for example, make it only available for premium members or add a gold cost to enter maybe give out prizes in some form at end that can be transferred to main. They could sell a season Pass for the cost of 1 months membership in gold/ USD.
  • Bigboyz wrote:

    Many of us have been here since alpha or beta stages of this game. In my discussions with most players, I think if we held an Albion-wide player vote, a server wipe and restart (just like between each phase of alpha and beta) would pass in a landslide. Correct the issues with alliance power, and restart the game. It’s the only way this game will stay alive.

    This question wasn’t in the year-end survey so I posit it again here.

    Nobody wants to grind our way up again, but most all players agree that a) it was fun and b) the game needs this.
    Answer me this - from a business standpoint (SBI's) how do you justify wiping the server for players who have bought gold with real money, used that gold to buy silver in game, and used that silver to buy items in game? Do you expect SBI to refund this player for their gold transaction or just tell them too bad, because a small minority of inactive customers wants to start over with no regard for the investment of other players time and money?

    Do you pro-wipe players not comprehend the PR nightmare this would create?
    AO Quick Reference Guide
    Discord: Grimhawke#9254


  • Grimhawke-EB wrote:

    Answer me this - from a business standpoint (SBI's) how do you justify wiping the server for players who have bought gold with real money, used that gold to buy silver in game, and used that silver to buy items in game? Do you expect SBI to refund this player for their gold transaction or just tell them too bad, because a small minority of inactive customers wants to start over with no regard for the investment of other players time and money?
    SBI would most likely have to credit the gold back to the accounts (much like they did at Beta end) which would result in thousands of players having tens if not hundreds of thousand of gold each and never needing to buy any gold/premium for years. This of course would mean the end of the road financially for SBI as their income would be crippled.

    Dont know how many times this has to be said, but a restart is not ever happening.
    Midgard
    T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
    T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
    T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
  • their would be a fire storm the likes of which SBI would never recover.

    You want to see what it would be like to wipe. Take a look at Star Wars Galaxies when they pulled the New Game Enhancements (NGE) on their community, it created a multi-year firestorm that Sony still hasn't forgotten. It caused 50,000 people to quit that game, it caused 1000's of people to log into 1 spot on 20 different servers, and cause crashes, it was an unbelievable firestorm. I'm sure if Sony could go back and change things they never would have done the NGE, at least the way theu did it.

    SBI WILL NEVER WIPE, BECAUSE IT WOULD MEAN THE END OF THEM.

    That is all!
  • The game has wiped at least 4 times that I have been a part of since Beta1. Each wipe SBI refunds gold bought through them. The first 3 or 4 weeks of this game is the most fun. Lots of players would RETURN to the game if there was a restart. Also, many new stream players would come if we had a wipe. I vote for annual wipes.
  • ODB wrote:

    Now that SBI finally addressed the SNOWBALL SITUATION, a restart would be the final step to fix the snowball.
    This is not how you fix the "snowball" you fool.

    My guess is that you currently suck at the game and want an equal playingground, but the problem for you is deeper then that. You're unwilling to make an effort in the face of adversity. and that's why you won't ever reach endgame.

    I don't think you can actually form an argument why a reset would be good for the game, to find out, I'll challenge you to use logical reasoning and tell us why a reset would be good.

    ODB wrote:

    The game has wiped at least 4 times that I have been a part of since Beta1. Each wipe SBI refunds gold bought through them. The first 3 or 4 weeks of this game is the most fun. Lots of players would RETURN to the game if there was a restart. Also, many new stream players would come if we had a wipe. I vote for annual wipes.
    This aint it chief, players who quit this game quit because the content isn't there for them, a reset doesn't fix that. Resets are a bad idea for an MMO like Albion Online. The game builds around rewarding you for your progress, and you think its a good idea to reset that progress. People spend countless hours progressing their character not for it to be wiped, if I knew that my character would be wiped, I'd outright stop playing the game.

    Tell me why you think players will come back after a reset. Give me some evidence for that claim, because its completely unfounded. In order to understand what would make players come back, you first need to understand what made them quit in the first place. And I highly doubt that people quit simply because others were ahead of them. For those that do feel genuinly disadvantaged. Not having resets is even better, because they won't be forced to play a ridiculous amount immediatly after a reset to stay relevant. With the current system you can easily become a wealthy, highly specced player, you just need to enjoy the game for the content it has, if you don't enjoy the game, resetting the game won't make you come back.
    Discord: Redsaw#6002

    Think before you speak, just because you feel a certain degree of emotion behind your opinion does not make it a fact.
  • The only thing that is need in this game is only more fast pvp content for solo/small group players.

    Should be interesting also interesting introduce a more advanced system of arenas, with more rewards (but only for 3 timesx day like is now) and structured ranking.

    For example: 2vs2, 3vs3 and 10vs10 could be a good option.

    They are useful to learn fighting in all the situations and a good way to pass 30 min without loosing time if someone has not it.
  • ODB wrote:

    The game has wiped at least 4 times that I have been a part of since Beta1. Each wipe SBI refunds gold bought through them. The first 3 or 4 weeks of this game is the most fun. Lots of players would RETURN to the game if there was a restart. Also, many new stream players would come if we had a wipe. I vote for annual wipes.

    not shit game was wiped in alpha/beta, it was known to everyone its gonna wipe at the end of beta and wont ever wipe again after launch.

    first 4 weeks was fun, then you realised you are dogshit and cant compete so you quit the game

    You are just plain dumb tbh, how does gold refund change anything LOL, all that it does is take away revenue from SBI
  • Redsaw wrote:

    ODB wrote:

    Now that SBI finally addressed the SNOWBALL SITUATION, a restart would be the final step to fix the snowball.
    This is not how you fix the "snowball" you fool.
    My guess is that you currently suck at the game and want an equal playingground, but the problem for you is deeper then that. You're unwilling to make an effort in the face of adversity. and that's why you won't ever reach endgame.

    I don't think you can actually form an argument why a reset would be good for the game, to find out, I'll challenge you to use logical reasoning and tell us why a reset would be good.

    ODB wrote:

    The game has wiped at least 4 times that I have been a part of since Beta1. Each wipe SBI refunds gold bought through them. The first 3 or 4 weeks of this game is the most fun. Lots of players would RETURN to the game if there was a restart. Also, many new stream players would come if we had a wipe. I vote for annual wipes.
    This aint it chief, players who quit this game quit because the content isn't there for them, a reset doesn't fix that. Resets are a bad idea for an MMO like Albion Online. The game builds around rewarding you for your progress, and you think its a good idea to reset that progress. People spend countless hours progressing their character not for it to be wiped, if I knew that my character would be wiped, I'd outright stop playing the game.
    Tell me why you think players will come back after a reset. Give me some evidence for that claim, because its completely unfounded. In order to understand what would make players come back, you first need to understand what made them quit in the first place. And I highly doubt that people quit simply because others were ahead of them. For those that do feel genuinly disadvantaged. Not having resets is even better, because they won't be forced to play a ridiculous amount immediatly after a reset to stay relevant. With the current system you can easily become a wealthy, highly specced player, you just need to enjoy the game for the content it has, if you don't enjoy the game, resetting the game won't make you come back.
    People have spent 14 years playing WOW and their releasing WOW classic WHICH IS LITERALLY THR START OF THE GAME

    Also you say wiping isn’t content to the game
    So,
    I don’t know how you think this but let me help you change this claim you got from no where
    1. Everyone will be faming
    2. Everyone will be gathering
    3. Old players will come back

    So we have coverd the evidence that people will stay

    Actually I don’t think anyone left the game because they “feel to far behind” and then you go on to day how a reset won’t help them

    So if they already quit because their to far behind a reset won’t help them?????
    Makes sense

    Also you don’t have to “grind” on the first wipe of the week
    Theirs a LOT of casuals who play this game

    Anyways tried to cover all your points
    I’m toxic