Community-Wide vote for game restart

  • I won’t be crucified for this suggestion. I’ll only add that the opinions represented here are no where near reflective of the community rit large.

    If you’re convinced it’s a bad idea, fine, but if it’s obvious the community vote would reflect this.

    I see the FPD jumped on and parroted all the same old tired arguments.

    The only way to save this game right now is to wipe.
  • Bigboyz wrote:

    I’ll only add that the opinions represented here are no where near reflective of the community rit large.
    I agree with this point. Please go ahead and do the necessary work to prove this. Well represented facts and numbers are better than opinions afterall.

    Here are some steps:
    • Create a survey with a valid statistical sample size.
    • Make sure the respondents have no way to skew the results. ie no duplicate entries etc...
    • Determine the acceptable level of bias.
    • Run the survey for a certain amount of time.
    • Present and share it to the community.


    I look forward to the results.
  • Arqe wrote:

    People are famed up most of the skills.Paid tons of money.Wasted a lot of time because of "there will be no wipe anymore".

    Now you asking for game wipe.Dafuq ?

    There is no beta or alpha or teta anymore.So if they do wipe,many people will go another games for sure.
    tbh I really dont think anyone will leave the game

    If your still playing the game you have been playing this game for a LONG time

    And I dont believe even if you tell yourself that you will quit that you actually will
    I’m toxic
  • Evas_Flarelight wrote:

    Bigboyz wrote:

    I’ll only add that the opinions represented here are no where near reflective of the community rit large.
    I agree with this point. Please go ahead and do the necessary work to prove this. Well represented facts and numbers are better than opinions afterall.
    Here are some steps:
    • Create a survey with a valid statistical sample size.
    • Make sure the respondents have no way to skew the results. ie no duplicate entries etc...
    • Determine the acceptable level of bias.
    • Run the survey for a certain amount of time.
    • Present and share it to the community.


    I look forward to the results.
    I would be happy to do this but SBI is the one with the entire player base logins and emails at their disposal. A well-created survey in this context with a small community like Albion IS a community vote. Which is what I suggested. I suggested it here because I do not have the communication tools to do such a survey/vote, but SBI certainly does.

    If you’re suggesting to create a vote on this forum, that’s the problem. Most players don’t comment here or read anything other than announcements.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Bigboyz ().

  • Bigboyz wrote:

    Evas_Flarelight wrote:

    Bigboyz wrote:

    I’ll only add that the opinions represented here are no where near reflective of the community rit large.
    I agree with this point. Please go ahead and do the necessary work to prove this. Well represented facts and numbers are better than opinions afterall.Here are some steps:
    • Create a survey with a valid statistical sample size.
    • Make sure the respondents have no way to skew the results. ie no duplicate entries etc...
    • Determine the acceptable level of bias.
    • Run the survey for a certain amount of time.
    • Present and share it to the community.


    I look forward to the results.
    I would be happy to do this but SBI is the one with the entire player base logins and emails at their disposal. A well-created survey in this context with a small community like Albion IS a community vote. Which is what I suggested. I suggested it here because I do not have the communication tools to do such a survey/vote, but SBI certainly does.
    If you’re suggesting to create a vote on this forum, that’s the problem. Most players don’t comment here or read anything other than announcements.
    Im still with Evas_Flarelight on the survey

    But you would have to find a way to do this

    SBI isnt just going to do it for you
    I’m toxic
  • Bigboyz wrote:

    I would be happy to do this but SBI is the one with the entire player base logins and emails at their disposal. A well-created survey in this context with a small community like Albion IS a community vote. Which is what I suggested. I suggested it here because I do not have the communication tools to do such a survey/vote, but SBI certainly does.
    If you’re suggesting to create a vote on this forum, that’s the problem. Most players don’t comment here or read anything other than announcements.

    Some tools are available here in the forums.



    Here's a link to a sample size calculator: raosoft.com/samplesize.html

    I'm estimating the forum's active population (sorted by latest activity) across all languages right now will be more than enough to meet the target sample size.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: spelling ().

  • Bigboyz wrote:

    Evas_Flarelight wrote:

    Bigboyz wrote:

    I’ll only add that the opinions represented here are no where near reflective of the community rit large.
    I agree with this point. Please go ahead and do the necessary work to prove this. Well represented facts and numbers are better than opinions afterall.Here are some steps:
    • Create a survey with a valid statistical sample size.
    • Make sure the respondents have no way to skew the results. ie no duplicate entries etc...
    • Determine the acceptable level of bias.
    • Run the survey for a certain amount of time.
    • Present and share it to the community.


    I look forward to the results.
    I would be happy to do this but SBI is the one with the entire player base logins and emails at their disposal. A well-created survey in this context with a small community like Albion IS a community vote. Which is what I suggested. I suggested it here because I do not have the communication tools to do such a survey/vote, but SBI certainly does.
    If you’re suggesting to create a vote on this forum, that’s the problem. Most players don’t comment here or read anything other than announcements.
    but you just said you talked to hunderds of people and guilds lool
  • Global wipe - no. But if we add something like POE (pathofexile) have, probably it could work and would be fun.

    New seasons every 2 weeks , with unique rewards and progression witch could be transfer on main characters at the end of the season. It might be a new continent , or a few already existed clasters with fresh ideas during this events.

    For example-
    1. Hardcore season , if you die - your character will die permanently (and it progression too, if you decide to create 1 more character) , but all collected silver, fame ,items in chest will transfer to your main character at the end of the season.

    You should choose ONE of the existed faction and fight for it till the end of the season or until you die.
    Season rates - silver x3, drop x3, etc...x3, maybe a bit more.
    All zones are full loot
    No ally , guilds allow. Only Faction.
    LFG window will only work for faction you choose.
    Possible to earn to new Avatars,chests and other appearance during the season, or maybe more chests slots for main character.
    Youtube/Equart
  • KickinMACHINE wrote:

    Early release days, until people unlocked T7 were the funniest tbh. Wish I could participate once again. Voting for a wipe ( or Atlantis concept ).
    It wasn't just fun because of the fresh server. It was fun because everything was "new and exciting".

    Most of that feeling you won't get back. Because the game isn't new and exciting.

    You just think it was the wipe that made it fun. But in reality it was a lot of other things. Meeting new people, exploring the game, etc.
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
  • KickinMACHINE wrote:

    Early release days, until people unlocked T7 were the funniest tbh. Wish I could participate once again. Voting for a wipe ( or Atlantis concept ).
    classic wow effect, doesnt mean its true

    Its was fun for you compared tto now just because of launch hype


    If you were an alpha player you wpuld know game changed drastically

    The post was edited 1 time, last by tabooshka ().

  • Bigboyz wrote:

    (...)

    Additonally, new players (and not just new accounts by old players) are not coming. I have personally bought 3 friends of mine full accounts for Christmas, they played for a bit and quit because the current mechanic for grinding and LP puts them nearly forever behind the main body of current players.

    (...)

    It's common in mmo's. Because there always will be new players and veterans. Even, after 3 years. And solution for this should be wipe? Nope...
    I will not be a page in someone else’s history book.
  • Slava wrote:

    Bigboyz wrote:

    (...)

    Additonally, new players (and not just new accounts by old players) are not coming. I have personally bought 3 friends of mine full accounts for Christmas, they played for a bit and quit because the current mechanic for grinding and LP puts them nearly forever behind the main body of current players.

    (...)

    It's common in mmo's. Because there always will be new players and veterans. Even, after 3 years. And solution for this should be wipe? Nope...
    You are wrong. Barrier to entry the game and be useful in pvp/pve and have fun is very low if we compare of any existed mmorpg on Market.I would say it is x10 much lower. So its about your friends ,experience they have and tastes they have and not about grind mechanic or especially LP. They just doing something wrong.

    Another question, is how to make your game-time effective. Thats the core problem. Its a "sand-box" There is no step by step guides/quests how to do it. But its possible , if you have enough experience. All people who were playing with me or were asking for advises - are still playing.

    And in mean time, we should wait for next update - were Devs should improve starting gameplay for newbies. (maybe with more quests/advice , etc.)

    But ill repeat again for you and others, there is no problem with current grind mechanic , Lp points or something else. Barrier to entry the game is much lower if we compare to other mmorpgs.
    Youtube/Equart