Questions before I buy(am in UK) like theft, ping & premium

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Questions before I buy(am in UK) like theft, ping & premium

I am a UK resident and love various game genres, currently playing GW2 & Elite(2 vastly different games), so would love to hear some answers from the experienced AO player base.

1) I read ping is an issue,and I am not just talking too many on a server(like at/after launch) . If you are in the UK(or EU) how bad is the ping on an average not too busy day?
      1a) What,if any, are downsides of waiting for an EU server?

2) Looking at packages I can buy, the top one(legendary?) says your cart & horse can be lost. I know you guys get off horses to fight,am I right if you die you lose horse because to ride it, it must be in your inventory?
      2a) Curious, so do you guys go in to PvP without things like horse or cart in your inventory?
      2b) PvE death, you can pick up all your stuff ?
      2c) If I don't much care for special hats or titles,am I better off getting the cheapest package,and adding gold as i go along ?
      2d) What do you mainly use gold for? Conversion to silver? buying in game stuff?
      2e) If/When I buy I will definitely go Premium. Is PREMIUM a nice booster for in game rep/advancement or is it a must have ? (I totally understand the Devs needing the extra cash from us and am OK with it)

3) All long term games require a "Grind Investment" : Is the grind in this much more than others?

4) Can I get to shiney stuff/skills/items eventually, if I decidedly want to be a loner and not PvP or join a guild? Or do you see a guild as a must?

5) Your SINGLE best advice(just the one) to someone band new(just installed) ?

Ty
    • Hi @sage12 and welcome to Albion Online!

1) I read ping is an issue,and I am not just talking too many on a server(like at/after launch) . If you are in the UK(or EU) how bad is the ping on an average not too busy day?

- I've read that ping in UK or EU ranges from 50-100. Please take that with a grain of salt, as ping depends on the ISP you are using.

1a) What,if any, are downsides of waiting for an EU server?

- We currently have no news about an EU server. The game's servers are in the US.

2) Looking at packages I can buy, the top one(legendary?) says your cart & horse can be lost. I know you guys get off horses to fight,am I right if you die you lose horse because to ride it, it must be in your inventory?

- All items can be looted when you enter Red or Black zones or if you flagged up for a faction. You do not lose any items when you are inside a Town, City, Normal Expeditions, Blue and Yellow Zones.

2a) Curious, so do you guys go in to PvP without things like horse or cart in your inventory?

- Most players have mounts in their inventory when doing PVP to escape if the odds are against you.

2b) PvE death, you can pick up all your stuff ?

- Roaming Mobs can only knock you down. You drop some system generated silver, you don't lose any gold or silver in your inventory; you also lose 10% durability on your equipement and any stackable items.

2c) If I don't much care for special hats or titles,am I better off getting the cheapest package,and adding gold as i go along ?

- Yes. The lowest starter pack is great and you have the option of upgrading to a higher pack later on if you like.

2d) What do you mainly use gold for? Conversion to silver? buying in game stuff?

- Yes, you can convert Gold to Silver to buy items, or to buy additional premium status, vanity items or to invest in the Gold Market.

2e) If/When I buy I will definitely go Premium. Is PREMIUM a nice booster for in game rep/advancement or is it a must have ? (I totally understand the Devs needing the extra cash from us and am OK with it)

- Not really a must have if you PVP a lot, but if you prefer to do other activities, it's definitely nice to have. Premium status can also be purchased in game by using silver.

- Here are the benefits of Premium Status:
      • 20 Learning Points per day
      • +50% Fame
      • +50% Gathering yield
      • +100% Farm animal growth rate
      • 10,000 Crafting Focus per day
      • +50% Silver and loot from mobs
      • +100% Crop yield
      • 50% Reduced market tax
      3) All long term games require a "Grind Investment" : Is the grind in this much more than others?

- The grind is real in this game. But it gets easier (and fun) when you are in a group. Playing solo is also viable, you just need to make sure to specialize and not to branch out too much.

4) Can I get to shiney stuff/skills/items eventually, if I decidedly want to be a loner and not PvP or join a guild? Or do you see a guild as a must?

- Yes, you can participate in the Adventurer's challenge and each chest you unlock has nice items inside. Solo play is very viable, I've been playing solo and I have a lot of activities to occupy my time. Like any MMO game if you are interested in other group activities, you can check out the Guild Recruitment thread.

5) Your SINGLE best advice(just the one) to someone band new(just installed) ?

- Dont' be afraid to ask questions here in the forums, the ingame /Help channel or in the game's Discord channel. There are plenty of players who are willing to help out new players.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Evas_Flarelight () aus folgendem Grund: Fixed some typos

• I play from the UK on a fast fibre connection and ping anywhere from 110-120. Used to be around the 100 mark but seems to have gone up since they took measures to increase their DDOS protection. The ping isn’t a problem for me.

There are no plans for an EU server so you could be waiting forever. Just jump in now!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Midgard ()

• I'm UK too - my ping used to be 110-120 but my connection speed recently (and inexplicably) increased by about 25% and now my ping is pretty stable at 100.

IMO Premium is essential as it gives daily Learning Points (LP), to help you progress, as well as Focus Points (FP) to use for Island Farming or Crafting, as well as extra fame on pretty much everything you do - essential for progression, as pointed out by Gank.

It's relatively easy to earn enough silver in-game to pay for Premium, but it does take a certain amount of gathering, or trading, or crafting, or island farming, and selling the goods on the market.

My useful bit of advice - be very careful with your free initial 2k Learning Points. It's VERY easy to squander them on progressing gear classes that you'll not care for later in the game. If there's one thing I'd go back and change, I would save a big chunk of LP for later in my progression. (there is a great mechanism called re-spec, that allows you to convert unwanted progression on combat items, into points that can be used to progress other combat items, but it's not as cost-effective as LP).

Best way to experience the game before buying, would be a 7 Day Free Trial. See my signature below, to get yourself a free key. Alternatively, visit the key zone on this forum.
      Try the game for FREE: Albion Online Trial Keys
    • Evas_Flarelight schrieb:

- I've read that ping in UK or EU ranges from 50-100. Please take that with a grain of salt, as ping depends on the ISP you are using.
      50ms from Europe to the US... that is simply not possible... I'm sorry.
      100ms ping from germany seems to be the minimum, maybe 95ms. So I assume no one from Europe can have a 50ms ping.
      But 100ms is still perfectly fine for Albion Online.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Brian3393 ()