Reputation and Expeditions (HCEs)

• Ashkael wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Try an argument in stead of just saying something irrelevant that I already addressed.
      I can say: I would like to get money in real life because i m very poor but i don't want to work and i don't want go out of my home... because world is so dungerous... ;)
      Comparing games with real life is often a bad argument. This is one of those examples.

Try to address one of the arguments I already told you. Its like you're ignoring what I already wrote. Which makes conversation with you a waste of everyone's time.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Ashkael wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

If you get that sort of fame in the open world, then its imbalanced to those people that can play outside of prime time.
      And your 3/4 hours of uninterrupted farming is probably not in prime time.

Also, this might be your first full loot PvP game. In most full loot PvP games that have any meaningful success, there is plenty of room for "PvE players". Its not viable to run a game where 100% of the population is gankers.
      I can play from 19 utc to 23 utc ... during the day, I work.if it isnt prime time, ok...
      If you're relic farming on Anglia, then this content is not accessible to 90% of the playerbase.If you're farming in a dungeon controlled by your alliance, then this content is not accessible to 90% of the playerbase.

I suspect you're "adapting" your description of reality just to "win" this conversation. Please don't. You're intelligent enough to understand the premses that make farming in dungeons available to you and not to 90% of the playerbase.
      I play 20 UTC to 24 UTC.I solo in T7 Maps (Red and Black) while there is no leveling.
      When i play with friends, i do T5 dungeons in red maps. All cities have at least one close to it.
      HCEs are not needed.
      Black maps are not a must.
      I made most of my money from direwolves or faction points from farming fame in those maps.
      Again: HCES ARE NOT NECESSARY.
      Just carebearing the pussies.
      Red zones are 100% retarded. Red zone group activities will probably not contribute in a meaningful way to player retention.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Stravanov wrote:

Midgard wrote:

I kind of agree. You are not risking your gear in an HCE but are risking exactly the same silver loss as someone doing openworld as gearloss = silverloss.

The problem I have with HCE are threefold. Less people in openworld; excellent fame completely uninterrupted; and my general disagreement with instanced content in an mmo
      I'd argue that HCE puts MORE people in the open world. Not less.
      Without HCE, someone who doesn't have 100000 friends will find himself logging in and not be able to do anything meaningful. So he will log out.
      His friend will then not have any friends online when he logs in. So he will also be unable to do anything meaningful. So he will also just log out.
      I'm sure you see where this is going.

HCE keeps people logged on. When people are logged on, there is a higher chance that his friends will log on and they decide to do something together.

HCE puts more people in the open world. It's a bit abstract. But it's how it works. If you remove instanced content overnight, the population (and thus activity in the open world) will decrease dramatically in the following month.
      And, there's this misconception certain content takes away from other types of content, which is why people are always so angsty when it comes to content other than what they prefer. But, this is only true in small doses. The types of people that are running HCE, are probably not the types that are going to be out in the open world anyways, so if you remove that aspect of the game, while yes you might see a little uptick in open worlders, the vast majority of those HCE runners will just find some other non-PVP activity or quit the game entirely.

With that said, there has to be better balance in terms or progression between these different types of content. As someone who plays 100% solo and progresses entirely in the black zone off of roaming mobs, it just boggles my mind when I see people on Challenge mounts like 3 days after it starts and I wonder, "how in the hell did they get that much fame?" When I ask, they say HCE, which means their progression is exponentially more better than what I can do off T8 roaming mobs, which I find annoying.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Calesvol ().

• Calesvol wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Midgard wrote:

I kind of agree. You are not risking your gear in an HCE but are risking exactly the same silver loss as someone doing openworld as gearloss = silverloss.

The problem I have with HCE are threefold. Less people in openworld; excellent fame completely uninterrupted; and my general disagreement with instanced content in an mmo
      I'd argue that HCE puts MORE people in the open world. Not less.Without HCE, someone who doesn't have 100000 friends will find himself logging in and not be able to do anything meaningful. So he will log out.
      His friend will then not have any friends online when he logs in. So he will also be unable to do anything meaningful. So he will also just log out.
      I'm sure you see where this is going.

HCE keeps people logged on. When people are logged on, there is a higher chance that his friends will log on and they decide to do something together.

HCE puts more people in the open world. It's a bit abstract. But it's how it works. If you remove instanced content overnight, the population (and thus activity in the open world) will decrease dramatically in the following month.
      And, there's this misconception certain content takes away from other types of content, which is why people are always so angsty when it comes to content other than what they prefer. But, this is only true in small doses. The types of people that are running HCE, are probably not the types that are going to be out in the open world anyways, so if you remove that aspect of the game, while yes you might see a little uptick in open worlders, the vast majority of those HCE runners will just find some other non-PVP activity or quit the game entirely.
      With that said, there has to be better balance in terms or progression between these different types of content. As someone who plays 100% solo and progresses entirely in the black zone off of roaming mobs, it just boggles my mind when I see people on Challenge mounts like 3 days after it starts and I wonder, "how in the hell did they get that much fame?" When I ask, they say HCE, which means their progression is exponentially more better than what I can do off T8 roaming mobs, which I find annoying.
      Agree.

But as you already implied, the solution is much more complex than the eternal "delete HCE!!!!"-moaning.
    • Fame should be better in the ow imo based on that this is classed as sandbox,ow,bla,blah,stuff.

It is also true just axing hce and putting more out there is a very simple abstraction of what has to happen. And by itself is no answer. Kinda like saying the answer to world hunger is feeding ppl.......not specifically useful.

The cost of hce isnt simply ppl not in the world. The price is all the ways of fame farming that preceded expeditions and hce that were removed over a long period of time. This put preassure to fill the void and much later exp and hce came in.

We would need many small additions of content added. Each balanced against each other. Just to get back to decent ow fame farming again that works in a balanced fashion with pve and pvp.

I would rather not repeat all ideas for this atm but a lot is in the feedback and rants section if you need the encyclopedia.
    • Targun wrote:

According to this form popular opinion HCE players never leave Carleon, so there is no way they could ever gain bad reputation.
      Thats not my Guild(La Supremacia) case we do A LOT of pvp in royal zones but then we have to spend hours getting back to neutral to be able to do HCE or even entre to other cities just to faction flag. Right now i have a lot Reputation system cause it limits my pvp cause i like HCE too.
    • billonaire wrote:

Targun wrote:

According to this form popular opinion HCE players never leave Carleon, so there is no way they could ever gain bad reputation.
      Thats not my Guild(La Supremacia) case we do A LOT of pvp in royal zones but then we have to spend hours getting back to neutral to be able to do HCE or even entre to other cities just to faction flag. Right now i have a lot Reputation system cause it limits my pvp cause i like HCE too.
      You get punished for doing in red zome activity that is intended for Black zones.