Reputation and Expeditions (HCEs)

• Yheti wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

1 death in HCE loses the player about the same as 1 death in T6 in the open world.
      In repaircost maybe but you dont lose any item.. and its only because of t8.3 gear so if I would gank in 8.3 gear I would lose more.. so with same gear you lose less thats the point..
      It’s all about silver cost at the end of the day, whether it’s HCE or openworld PvP it’s exactky the same. Example: HCE costs you 500k repair bill, openworld you lose gear and it costs you 500k to replace.

Im not sure which point your trying to make. Different gear for different situations is where we are. Of course roaming in MP 8.3 wouldn’t be a good idea. What’s your solution?
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

It’s all about silver cost at the end of the day, whether it’s HCE or openworld PvP it’s exactky the same. Example: HCE costs you 500k repair bill, openworld you lose gear and it costs you 500k to replace.
      Im not sure which point your trying to make. Different gear for different situations is where we are. Of course roaming in MP 8.3 wouldn’t be a good idea. What’s your solution?
      Its not fair.. to ff without risking your gear.. with so much fame and reputation gain.. so you can ff with higher gear but no one can kill you.. and its ot against HCE just the fact that not anyone can use it just cause they have another playstyle.. you know?
    • I kind of agree. You are not risking your gear in an HCE but are risking exactly the same silver loss as someone doing openworld as gearloss = silverloss.

The problem I have with HCE are threefold. Less people in openworld; excellent fame completely uninterrupted; and my general disagreement with instanced content in an mmo
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Ashkael wrote:

HCE is the cancer of Albion, I hope that Devs soon or late will understand it.

ImaDoki wrote:

In HCE you don't have to waste time to regear.

Also, in a game with living economy, HCE doesn't force you to buy new gear, what is bad for the market.

HCE is a cancer to the game, as someone already said. It shouldn't exist.
      HCE is what is keeping the game alive.

The map is too small for all fame to take place in the open world. When its impossible to fame more than 10 minutes in prime time without getting hit, then the design is dysfunctional.

HCE is a bandaid that fixes this dysfunctionality. Its not an optimal solution. In fact it's a horrible solution.

But you can't remove HCE without fixing the underlying dysfunctionality. Please understand this.

So give suggestions on how to fix the underlying dysfunctionality in stead of talking about things you don't understand.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Midgard wrote:

I kind of agree. You are not risking your gear in an HCE but are risking exactly the same silver loss as someone doing openworld as gearloss = silverloss.

The problem I have with HCE are threefold. Less people in openworld; excellent fame completely uninterrupted; and my general disagreement with instanced content in an mmo
      I'd argue that HCE puts MORE people in the open world. Not less.

Without HCE, someone who doesn't have 100000 friends will find himself logging in and not be able to do anything meaningful. So he will log out.
      His friend will then not have any friends online when he logs in. So he will also be unable to do anything meaningful. So he will also just log out.
      I'm sure you see where this is going.

HCE keeps people logged on. When people are logged on, there is a higher chance that his friends will log on and they decide to do something together.

HCE puts more people in the open world. It's a bit abstract. But it's how it works. If you remove instanced content overnight, the population (and thus activity in the open world) will decrease dramatically in the following month.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Ashkael wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

So give suggestions on how to fix the underlying dysfunctionality in stead of talking about things you don't understand.
      it's very simple, less XP in HCE and more XP in open world dungeons...
      Please read the post again. Discussions like these are futile when you didn't even bother to read what you are replying to.

The underlying problem isn't the amount of fame we get in different activities. The problem is that we can't fame in the open world for more than 15 minutes without getting ganked.
    • Stravanov wrote:

Please read the post again. Discussions like these are futile when you didn't even bother to read what you are replying to.
      The underlying problem isn't the amount of fame we get in different activities. The problem is that we can't fame in the open world for more than 15 minutes without getting ganked.
      if in 15 min i do more XP in dungeon than in 1h of HCE, I go to the dungeon...

Anyway, I do XP only in dungeaon and sometimes I can farm for 3/4 hours without meet enemies...
      And I can add, It's a pvp game with full loot, not WOW or Farmville or Pokemon online... Please, stop to cry how life is so difficult... ;)
    • Ashkael wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

if in 15 min i do more XP in dungeon than in 1h of HCE, I go to the dungeon...
      Anyway, I do XP only in dungeaon and sometimes I can farm for 3/4 hours without meet enemies...
      And I can add, It's a pvp game with full loot, not WOW or Farmville or Pokemon online... Please, stop to cry how life is so difficult... ;)
      If you get that sort of fame in the open world, then its imbalanced to those people that can play outside of prime time.

And your 3/4 hours of uninterrupted farming is probably not in prime time.

Also, this might be your first full loot PvP game. In most full loot PvP games that have any meaningful success, there is plenty of room for "PvE players". Its not viable to run a game where 100% of the population is gankers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Stravanov ().

• Stravanov wrote:

If you get that sort of fame in the open world, then its imbalanced to those people that can play outside of prime time.

Also, this might be your first full loot PvP game. In most full loot PvP games that have any meaningful success, there is plenty of room for "PvE players". Its not viable to run a game where 100% of the population is gankers.
      I can play from 19 utc to 23 utc ... during the day, I work.
      if it isnt prime time, ok...
    • Ashkael wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

I can play from 19 utc to 23 utc ... during the day, I work.if it isnt prime time, ok...
      If you're relic farming on Anglia, then this content is not accessible to 90% of the playerbase.

If you're farming in a dungeon controlled by your alliance, then this content is not accessible to 90% of the playerbase.

I suspect you're "adapting" your description of reality just to "win" this conversation. Please don't. You're intelligent enough to understand the premses that make farming in dungeons available to you and not to 90% of the playerbase.
    • Stravanov wrote:

If you're relic farming on Anglia, then this content is not accessible to 90% of the playerbase.
      If you're farming in a dungeon controlled by your alliance, then this content is not accessible to 90% of the playerbase.

I suspect you're "adapting" your description of reality just to "win" this conversation. Please don't. You're intelligent enough to understand the premses that make farming in dungeons available to you and not to 90% of the playerbase.
      Stop to try to convince people that HCE is a good choice, please, Albion is a PVP SANDBOX FULL LOOT, i don't need anymore words and I don't need to convince nobody, I m playing Albion Online and not WOW... ;)
    • Stravanov wrote:

Ashkael wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

I can play from 19 utc to 23 utc ... during the day, I work.if it isnt prime time, ok...

I play 20 UTC to 24 UTC.
      I solo in T7 Maps (Red and Black) while there is no leveling.
      When i play with friends, i do T5 dungeons in red maps. All cities have at least one close to it.
      HCEs are not needed.
      Black maps are not a must.
      I made most of my money from direwolves or faction points from farming fame in those maps.
      Again: HCES ARE NOT NECESSARY.
      Just carebearing the pussies.
    • Ashkael wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Stop to try to convince people that HCE is a good choice, please, Albion is a PVP SANDBOX FULL LOOT, i don't need anymore words and I don't need to convince nobody, I m playing Albion Online and not WOW... ;)
      Try an argument in stead of just saying something irrelevant that I already addressed.