1 Handed Holy Suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• 1 Handed Holy Suggestion

Hello, I've been thinking about the one handed holy and it's current position in the game for a while now and what could be done to help it. To be honest, I don't think it has a place in any kind of game play, it's just the over all weakest healing staff for every kind of activity in the game. (I personally feel in both Nature and Holy) I know that one of the healing staffs has to be the weakest staff but it should at least have a place in at least 1 activity in the game.

I think for what its E does, a 20 second cool down is quite a big cool down for very little reward. There is too much damage in the game that rolls over this staff in any kind of PvP and there are much better options for PvE.

What if the heal stayed the same, for both the flat and the bonus if the selected target is below 40% health. Then add a 6 meter area that for everyone that is within the 6 meters will also receive 30% of the health that the selected target received.

I personally don't think it's an overbearing amount of healing and if it was, maybe put the CD up to 25 seconds?

What are your thoughts on the overall health of 1 Handed Holy? Do you think this would be good for the staff or maybe have another idea for the staff?

I really hope this staff gets addressed as I personally think it's in even worse of a spot that Lifetouch was in even before Lifetouch got the mini rework/buff as it was still useful in PvE instances.
    • Obvious no regarding the AoE part.

The healing meta in this game already suffers from AoE healing being too strong in most cases.

There needs to be a difference between the following:

low single target healing + good multiple target healing
      good single target healing + low multiple target healing

The current meta shits on these principles. Every time the devs add a new artifact weapon, the game witnesses an insane power creep that makes older weapons obsolete. So not we have weapons that can fill both the single-target and the multiple-target role at the same time.

I'd like to have a talk with the genious who balances this game. It's like this is his first mmorpg.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • owensssss wrote:

i think it should prolly stay as a super strong solo heal even if 30% is pretty low. it may just need a buff in its direct healing in that department tho maybe u think it needs something extra? as with all 1h weapons dont forget to consider their combo with offhands. thats part of the versatility offered by a 1h.
      I wouldn't mind if they made the heal more but I feel that the orb is going to get hit sometime soon which will make this staff just so much more useless. If they nerf the holy orb, I think Generous Heal needs to be looked at again, any kind of dive comp (which is most comps anymore) just makes the staff very useless against others such as druidic and fallen and even one handed nature. (Holy Q)

With the offhand, yeah that's why if something like this was done to the one handed holy, maybe an increase in CD would even it out.
    • Stravanov wrote:

Obvious no regarding the AoE part.

The healing meta in this game already suffers from AoE healing being too strong in most cases.

There needs to be a difference between the following:

low single target healing + good multiple target healing
      good single target healing + low multiple target healing

The current meta shits on these principles. Every time the devs add a new artifact weapon, the game witnesses an insane power creep that makes older weapons obsolete. So not we have weapons that can fill both the single-target and the multiple-target role at the same time.

I'd like to have a talk with the genious who balances this game. It's like this is his first mmorpg.
      I assume you are aiming towards the Fallen staff with the large single Q with also a large multi E. I honestly think that style of healing is balanced as you have to be pretty organized with that kind of healing. I would be all for an overall nerf on the Fallens E if the Q on all Holys weren't so heavy with a cast time.

One Handed Holy basically has to rely on the orb because the E isn't worth a whole lot and it's not worth sacrificing the orb for blessing just to make one ability worth while.
    • 1h holy have:
      1) weakened Q and W healing output in compare to 2handeds (after general 1h-nerfing)
      2) very.weak.E.skill. It can be described as follows : "if the target have less 30% hp, it get some shitty heal, like 1.5 of standard Generous heal. But if target have more than 30% hp, the heal will be total crap."
    • letwolf wrote:

2) very.weak.E.skill. It can be described as follows : "if the target have less 30% hp, it get some shitty heal, like 1.5 of standard Generous heal. But if target have more than 30% hp, the heal will be total crap."
      Pretty sure it's back at 40%. It can also be affected by Holy Blessing.
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

100/100/90/90 Holy Specs