cloth items too overpowered

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• cloth items too overpowered

@Retroman hello i hope u know attack always more expensive and useful stat than defence? so why all cloth armor got better passives than heavy and leather? cloth boots and helmets got 3.5 % damage and chest got 8% (!) passives. leather got worse stats 4+2 % on chest and 1.5+1 on boots. plate even worse only 4.7 % !!! defence on chest and crap 1.5 % on boots and head. that one of reason why 400/400 mage easy wreck tank 400/400 as paper. first time see game where developers give so big advantage for dps classes..

2nd question why 100 ip on weapon give almost 10 % of damage and 100 ip on armor give only 3 % armor and 6 % hp. hp same on all type of armor ( dosnt matter plate it or cloth ) so this formula again work good only for dps in clothes. because they got same hp from 6 %. 3 % armor for 100 ip it crap compare with 10 % dps for 100 ip.

p/s check gvgs . combo fire+ curse or arcane+frost burn tank in 2-3 sec. it all because broken passives on armors and broken formula for ip/armor

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von SirAchtung ()

• This is the first time I personally have ever heard anybody say cloth armor was strong...
      If its so strong why do Bloodletters and Claws eat us before we can get 3 shots off...
      Never played with plate, hardly ever with leather so I don't have any opinion on those, but even at t7 I find melee slice through us like a hot knife through butter.
    • I dont like @SirAchtung as a person. But in this thread he is right. Cloth items really a bit overpowered compared to other types of armor pieces.

Want to make 1 remark , Defence passive(player damage reduction) are affected by Diminishing returns mechanic , when Heal power and attack Dmg - are not.(Only have Cap) And that is one of the reasons why Cloth armor is a bit stronger in lots of situations.
      Youtube/Equart
    • Without strong proof like movies and screenshots WITH FIGURES illustrated this is yet another whine thread.

Even though I can assume that there is a high possibility of mistakes in combat formulas, I also know that most of the players are bad at pvp in this game, have weak positioning and wrong feeling of when to push forward and when to get back. This is mainly the reason why they struggle against cloth robe double rdd comps and get a subjective feeling of imbalance.
    • Zumzat schrieb:

Without strong proof like movies and screenshots WITH FIGURES illustrated this is yet another whine thread.

Even though I can assume that there is a high possibility of mistakes in combat formulas, I also know that most of the players are bad at pvp in this game, have weak positioning and wrong feeling of when to push forward and when to get back. This is mainly the reason why they struggle against cloth robe double rdd comps and get a subjective feeling of imbalance.
      although you are right in something, no player skill nor positioning affect that fact than 4.7% def < 8% extra dmg on chest piece. its simple arithmetic.
    • letwolf schrieb:

Zumzat schrieb:

Without strong proof like movies and screenshots WITH FIGURES illustrated this is yet another whine thread.

although you are right in something, no player skill nor positioning affect that fact than 4.7% def < 8% extra dmg on chest piece. its simple arithmetic.

so you are just gonna ignore other stats completely and focus only on dmg, gotcha, seems like plate bruisers have no grounds to wear plate because dmg is always better, I guess its just soldier armor being broken, even if you get purged every time x]

Now I can respond to you this way, IF SOMEONE IS SILENCED/STUNNED HE CANT DO DAMAGE , its simple logic.

And then we have food buff, which leather users usually use DMG food, while others use omelette and give up dmg boost, except curse ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von tabooshka ()

• plate bruisers use only soldier armor, for solely its dmg buff.

calculating:
      lets weapon "N" of person in cloth deals X dmg against another person in plate.
      Without passives X dmg.
      With passives it (X*1.08)*(1-0.047)=1.0294*X
      so cloth user does more to plate user than vice versa
      given other parameters equal

p.s. the simply calcs above dont mention diminishing returns of armor, what gives plate armor even worse stats
    • I wear plate cause its white.

But I think the stat distribution is super fucked. Too many stats reside on chest piece, if they’re spread across boot and helm the mixing and matching of armor types would be more relevant. (IE. Guardian helm+guardian boots = guardian chest in terms of stats)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von owensssss ()

• As far as food goes, and melee dps using dmg food to balance it, where as casters use omelettes... I don't understand how you can't see a reduction in cast time and cooldown as anything BUT an increase in damage output...

Casters use omelettes because they have a higher energy pool/base energy regeneration that can support faster casting of spells, and more of them in a shorter space of time than a leather mdps can. Beef stew and Omelettes are both damage boosting food when paired with the correct class. It even seems unfair that omelettes decrease cooldowns AND cast speed. Where is the food that increases attack speed AND cooldowns/damage?

Especially with the removal of stand time on casters right now they are incredibly strong, and omelettes provide a huge bonus to damage output.

-------------------------

Cloth armors:

The mage robe change was incredible... I've been using it on a warbow and pretty much rip anyone i'm fighting even with my 50 spec. Why? Because I have 8 sec cd ray of light to kite them for days, and the second they use their shoes I activate it meaning they can never close the gap. This is especially true for daggers seen as for whatever ridiculous reason they increased dagger dash cd, meaning an gap closing is always met by another root. Mercenary jacket? Nope, thats getting pulled off. Soldier armor? Nope, that's getting pulled off.

Then we can move to cleric robe/graveguard combo. The direct replacement of mercenary jacket as the new anti-skill build. Allowing a cloth melee/ranged to simply eat all incoming damage with no effort to counterplay or damage avoidance/negation, only to reset their HP fully with a 30% bonus to damage and healing all whilst invulnerable for the next 3 seconds...

With the removal of standtime scholar robes have also become deadly, one slight utility such as a silence means you can tear through a target in seconds.

Now we move to leather armors:

Ambush damage was reduced to 40% on next hit only, with a 60 second cd. Honestly, with the exception of a few weapons, synergy on the jacket with weapons is terrible, whilst remaining very strong as a defensive utility. In my mind either the damage needs to be adjusted, to carry over for the next few seconds after that first hit (locking in damage buff similar to royal hood), or the cd needs to be lowered. The main strength of the jacket however is the utility of invis, so cd can't really be lowered without making it too strong. The final option would be to increase the area you can remain invis in, and maybe let the user see that range too? That would be nice...

Mercenary jacket is fine now, balanced it nicely with the poison pot change. Would maybe like to see healing per tick increased, with a limit to ticks you can gain per second. Balancing out the baseline of available healing.

Hunter jacket is somewhat of a problem, mainly due to the huge increase in stand time received from rapid auto attacks. This is in fact the main reason Auto attack builds are dead in open world. I think the jacket should once more have a move speed bonus on it. Say 20% increase? I feel that would be balanced.

Then plate:

Soldier armor is still a little silly in my mind, in the same vein as cleric robe+graveguard helmet, but in one piece. Albion maintains a system of lowest damage + Highest resistances on Guardian, to Highest damage + Lowest resistances on Mage robes. With only around three stacks of Fury (keep in mind you get one from activation) you have the same CC power as guardian armor, and base damage of Assassins jacket. All on a 30sec CD. Especially strong with the resistances of plate available as a passive. I feel cd of soldier needs to be increased somewhat to balance. 40-45 secs would be balanced.

Guardian seems fine.

Knight seems fine.

The main adjustment I would like to see here is an extra skill on the chest. The main problem being that most skills are for group tanking / taunt for Pve. This is a problem because in place of Taunt Leather has "Inferno shield", and cloth has "Frost shield". Leaving only the tank with no real solo/personal skill to use. You could add "Stone shield' giving plate users something to use for similar circumstances.

------------------------

Overall I disagree with the notion that damage is always better than defense given the lower values of defense/hp gain on armors over damage gain on weapons per point of IP. Resistance stacking with HP regain is incredibly strong for sustain on a fight. Items that buff resistances are far more effective on players with higher base resistances in plate than on players in cloth. Also given that melee players in plate/leather usually aren't tied to cast times means mobility+pressure plays out very differently, and is only really a problem when skills are taken into account that mess with the equation, such as cleric robe+graveguard armor.

Finally I will move onto what I believe is the real problem for tanks right now:

- Frazzle on arcane is far too low cd for a 40% damage increase on target. Far too low.
      - Brimstone staffs are broken right now. Nothing should be able to 1 shot a tank, especially not an AOE spell.
      - Curse I don't have as much of a problem with, seen as stacks can be dropped, and only applied in close range.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Khladraven ()