W path for Hammers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• letwolf wrote:

Sacrifice wrote:

I use greathammer often for the double dash. I love it, great for ganking and open world fights.

I swear if they "buff" the hammer line and get rid of my mobility I will be one salty poop nugget.
      I just tried it and both of ghammer dash seems "slow"(in compare with dagger dash or double bladed E skil)
      does the ghammer suffer much of that?
      It is more clunky than the bloodletter for sure. The bloodletter seems more like a dash, where the G hammer I feel like I'm leaping more than dashing. When it comes to open world though, I thrive with it. Very good for small group fighting/ganking and trolling people on mobs.
    • Sacrifice wrote:

letwolf wrote:

Sacrifice wrote:

I use greathammer often for the double dash. I love it, great for ganking and open world fights.

I swear if they "buff" the hammer line and get rid of my mobility I will be one salty poop nugget.
      I just tried it and both of ghammer dash seems "slow"(in compare with dagger dash or double bladed E skil)does the ghammer suffer much of that?
      It is more clunky than the bloodletter for sure. The bloodletter seems more like a dash, where the G hammer I feel like I'm leaping more than dashing. When it comes to open world though, I thrive with it. Very good for small group fighting/ganking and trolling people on mobs.
      Still the Hammer Dash is so much worse than the Dash on Mace which does damage , roots and interrupts on a wider radius and with the same cd and with less Energy Cost! Dont understand why devs are so biased against hammers!
    • letwolf wrote:

You said it biased, although half an year ago maces were underpowered so it was only hummers all the way?!
      Im not talking about the meta... which changes according to many factors.. im talking about the actual skills in each weapon... the Mace Q and W skills where always in a better place than the ones in Hammer

Also why does the Heroic Cleave ( which is the exact same skill ) on the Qstaff line do more damage and has less energy cost than the Mace and Hammer Line?
    • Knockout is entirely useless for anything greater than 2v2 combat. Power geyser is a fantastic ability but the fact that it knock backs your allies too completely nullifies any serious use when compared to other tank weapon W-slot abilities. Slowing charge is laughably useless when a clearly superior ability exists on the heavy mace (snare charge). And heavy slam is already built in to every tank weapon and does the same damage.

I feel like this has been said already but the W-slot on hammers just flat out needs to be improved.
    • zerfaxx wrote:

Knockout is entirely useless for anything greater than 2v2 combat. Power geyser is a fantastic ability but the fact that it knock backs your allies too completely nullifies any serious use when compared to other tank weapon W-slot abilities. Slowing charge is laughably useless when a clearly superior ability exists on the heavy mace (snare charge). And heavy slam is already built in to every tank weapon and does the same damage.

I feel like this has been said already but the W-slot on hammers just flat out needs to be improved.
      I know.....Stop hammering down my feelings.

Just only failed uniqueness spell I have good moments with.
    • Jagere wrote:

Compared to the other tank weapons. Just feels like hammers are missing a bit more usefulness to the W path in PvP.

Slowing charge: Common choice for hammers. Applying Slow and gives mobility. Compared to Mace's Snare Charge which has more component (root, mobility, knock up, and DAMAGE). Both spells are 15 seconds.

Knockout: Its just no point to use a spell with so much AoE and applied DoTs.

Geyser: Won't be used enough because players would worry to knock their own team player in the wrong direction or knock them out of a good spell cast. Even I fear of using this.
      Slowing charge gives control over a fight, engage, withdraw, Super versatile skill and very strong when combined with bash knee and authority passive.

Knockout is an insane skill for many comps, meta is more aoe burst right now, but there is not need to murder the hell out of single target comps and the sleep's utility there.

Geyser is such a low cd knockup, one of the games few skills offering a complete disable with no reactive counter. I think with tomb hammer this skill could be very strong.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • Khladraven wrote:

Slowing charge gives control over a fight, engage, withdraw, Super versatile skill and very strong when combined with bash knee and authority passive.
      Knockout is an insane skill for many comps, meta is more aoe burst right now, but there is not need to murder the hell out of single target comps and the sleep's utility there.

Geyser is such a low cd knockup, one of the games few skills offering a complete disable with no reactive counter. I think with tomb hammer this skill could be very strong.

geyser is completely useless if you have a melee dps without a knight helmet

knockout is only viable in 2v2 fights which isnt such a bad thing i think this spell is niche enough to stay unchanged

slowing charge is only useful on grovekeepers for zvzs - if used for anything else you're just gimping yourself because there are better weapon options such as snare charge or stun run or forceful swing

authority passive is only viable for 1h hammer tanks imo and that's hardly viable anyway because of cleanses and fort sterling capes
    • zerfaxx wrote:

Khladraven wrote:

knockout is only viable in 2v2 fights which isnt such a bad thing i think this spell is niche enough to stay unchanged

slowing charge is only useful on grovekeepers for zvzs - if used for anything else you're just gimping yourself because there are better weapon options such as snare charge or stun run or forceful swing

authority passive is only viable for 1h hammer tanks imo and that's hardly viable anyway because of cleanses and fort sterling capes
      The W Line of the Hammer is by far among the weakest in all wepaon lines if not the weakest...

The Q Line also needs some love as the Threatening Smash is a useless skill in pvp
    • Valkie wrote:

The W Line of the Hammer is by far among the weakest in all wepaon lines if not the weakest...
      The Q Line also needs some love as the Threatening Smash is a useless skill in pvp
      lul not biased at all :D

Hammers have:
      - a dash
      - a unique spell (geyser) giving many possibilities (it is currently used by a frogue one team: elkite)
      - a strong ass cc (sleep)
      - a damage spell pairing with the E

you compare it to
      - qstaff
      - xbows
      - swords
      every line has a lot of unused spells, hammer is one of the only lines allowing you to play 4 possible w that are all viable (in some situations ofc).
    • Staves have excellent Stuns and Knockbacks
      Maces have excellent Snares, Silences and Knockbacks
      Hammers have Excellent Stuns

Slowing Charge - Replace with Great Hammer E
      Power Geyser - Make it not Friendly Fire
      Knockout - make this a single target knockback instead of a Sleep
      Heavy Cleave - Can Heavy Cleave be the same for all 3 weapons? Right now it's kind of great on Staves

Replace Single Handed Hammer E with something along the lines of On Next Hit Shoot Arc Lightning Stunning up to 3 enemies hit for X seconds, this way it has a bit more range/utility in the open world
      Replace Great Hammer E with a Spin that Stuns enemies hit. Kind of like current Hammer E, but maybe with relevant damage

I think lowering the overall Damage on Hammers and increasing their attack speed would be a welcome change. Especially with the Stunning Strike Passive. Or maybe change it from every 5th auto attack to every 5th attack
    • Heppernaut wrote:

Staves have excellent Stuns and Knockbacks
      Maces have excellent Snares, Silences and Knockbacks
      Hammers have Excellent Stuns

Slowing Charge - Replace with Great Hammer E
      Power Geyser - Make it not Friendly Fire
      Knockout - make this a single target knockback instead of a Sleep
      Heavy Cleave - Can Heavy Cleave be the same for all 3 weapons? Right now it's kind of great on Staves

Replace Single Handed Hammer E with something along the lines of On Next Hit Shoot Arc Lightning Stunning up to 3 enemies hit for X seconds, this way it has a bit more range/utility in the open world
      Replace Great Hammer E with a Spin that Stuns enemies hit. Kind of like current Hammer E, but maybe with relevant damage

I think lowering the overall Damage on Hammers and increasing their attack speed would be a welcome change. Especially with the Stunning Strike Passive. Or maybe change it from every 5th auto attack to every 5th attack

so 1h hammer has two stuns with zero other utility sounds pointless

great hammer has a spin? so it's an iron-clad now? why not just run iron-clad?

why would you use knockout single target when you can just run a cloth helmet

In real life, the point of a war hammer is to deal massive damage through an opponent with heavy armor on. Lowering the damage and increasing attack speed is the antithesis of what a hammer is.
    • zerfaxx wrote:

Khladraven wrote:

An almost instant spell with less cd than knight helmet is countered by knight helmet? I would disagree.

Again disagreed, works well in 5v5 for single target comps.

Disagree, is fantastic for use in open world ganking, control over small scale fights, defensive peel for your team, I could keep going.

Fort sterling cape cd vs most hammer stun cd looses every time, all you need it to pop them once. authority passive is viable for almost every hammer tank with the ability to utilize it effectively.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • geyser is completely useless if you have a melee dps without a knight helmet
      An almost instant spell with less cd than knight helmet is countered by knight helmet? I would disagree.

It's 0.7 seconds and only disables for a second or knockbacks depending on their location to the geyser. You're wasting a W slot spell that can easily be replaced by a helmet slot.
      Your tank should be in their back line anyway so cast range benefit is not a good argument.

Again disagreed, works well in 5v5 for single target comps.

If you don't have aoe damage in your 5v5 comp then you're just asking to lose. Curse, Infernal, and relic melee weapons all have huge aoe abilities that decide the fight. Like I said this is just completely useless in 5v5 or greater but I like this spell for 2v2 a lot. But on the other hand if you're running hammer in 2v2 you would take heavy slam anyway.

Disagree, is fantastic for use in open world ganking, control over small scale fights, defensive peel for your team, I could keep going.

Sure I can agree with this for ONLY the open world. I'm just annoyed that alternative tank weapons offer more utility than just a slow and dash.

Fort sterling cape cd vs most hammer stun cd looses every time, all you need it to pop them once. authority passive is viable for almost every hammer tank with the ability to utilize it effectively.

I mean if you're wearing cloth, you're most likely wearing a fort sterling cape and a merc hood which are two cleanses. This is really all you need to win the attrition war against a hammer tank.