[Updated] Possible Alliance Change

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gank wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

I hear hideouts will be hard to remove. If so, it's then a question of how many hideouts small guilds make: if they flood the black zone with them, a large alliance will basically be playing whack-a-mole trying to remove them, possibly to the point where it won't be worth trying.

I'll add that I'm really hoping I can connect my personal island to a hideout instead of a royal city, because wherever my island is connected, that's home, and I want to be able to be home in the black zone.
      I can already tell you that will never happen. Islands are huge economic centers for farming and resources. Those are tied exclusively to royal cities. Even the upcoming black cities wont have farm connections. How could you think thats a good idea to allow infinite farm plots access to a random blackzone?

Why not? Why should black zones be dependent in any way on the royals (which are the tutorial zones, as I keep hearing)? Besides, the big markets are in the royals. If you're making anything to sell, does moving islands to the black zone really make sense?

Moving my farming to black zone would be extremely cool for me: because it would mean I'd no longer be growing to sell, but growing to locally supply myself and my guild. That's far more immersive to me; mentally, I'd be based in the wilds of the black zone. "Going to the big city" would be dangerous. :)

Perhaps moving existing islands would be a balance issue, but if nothing else, I'd like to be able to buy and build up a Personal Hideout, with my own personal farm and building plots in the black zone, that I can connect to my guild hideout (and move to a new guild hideout, if needed).
    • people argument is like "even if u remove alliances people will adapt and do non aggresion pact" bla bla bla

but removing alliances will make people TALK to each other instead of clicking one single buttong that make you cant attack people with no thinking even if u want to

so if u remove alliances that will make people talk to each other , it will create drama in game, there will be movement instead of the dead situation that we are in now with guilds barely talking to each other since they do the alliance..

so YES REMOVE ALLLIANCE AND SEE HOW SHIT GETS REAL
      learn from modern WoW and classic WoW, people actualy missed classic for its manual searchh for party and harder quests that makes you ACTUALY talk with people and socialize.. so removing alliances will make people work harder to get into a non pact or whatever..
    • Roccandil wrote:

Gank wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

I hear hideouts will be hard to remove. If so, it's then a question of how many hideouts small guilds make: if they flood the black zone with them, a large alliance will basically be playing whack-a-mole trying to remove them, possibly to the point where it won't be worth trying.

I'll add that I'm really hoping I can connect my personal island to a hideout instead of a royal city, because wherever my island is connected, that's home, and I want to be able to be home in the black zone.
      I can already tell you that will never happen. Islands are huge economic centers for farming and resources. Those are tied exclusively to royal cities. Even the upcoming black cities wont have farm connections. How could you think thats a good idea to allow infinite farm plots access to a random blackzone?
      Why not? Why should black zones be dependent in any way on the royals (which are the tutorial zones, as I keep hearing)? Besides, the big markets are in the royals. If you're making anything to sell, does moving islands to the black zone really make sense?

Moving my farming to black zone would be extremely cool for me: because it would mean I'd no longer be growing to sell, but growing to locally supply myself and my guild. That's far more immersive to me; mentally, I'd be based in the wilds of the black zone. "Going to the big city" would be dangerous. :)

Perhaps moving existing islands would be a balance issue, but if nothing else, I'd like to be able to buy and build up a Personal Hideout, with my own personal farm and building plots in the black zone, that I can connect to my guild hideout (and move to a new guild hideout, if needed).
      Risk, trade, transport.
    • It’s pretty simple, remove alliances or kill the game.

I cannot count the amount of people that have come and gone in the 4 months that I have been playing. It’s always the same story... certain groups have a strangle hold on certain aspects of the game and it isn’t a healthy engaging environment

You have owners of city plots choking out new crafter trying to make money with cartel type practices.

Small guild/solo gathers being hunted down as soon as they step in foot in a high tier resource zone.

Small guild/solo players trying to fame up and make some money being portal/zone ganked 10v1. Or dungeon dived by twice their number in guys wearing 7.1 with 400 spec..

It’s kind of a hopeless situation you guys have created by not stepping in and breaking up monopolies. You have allowed some groups to become too powerful and create a strangle hold, yet you continue to allow it to happen. Alliances is the primary example.. these groups/guilds maintain control over all the high tier resources and high tier dungeons..

Worry about naps when they become a problem. Keeping alliances because you fear Nap’s will develop, is just exacerbated the issues.

It is really starting to feel like the direction of game is hopeless.. a game about guilds that cannot retain players much less bring in new players has a pretty dark future ahead.
    • From my personal point of view and experience, I firmly believe that alliances like these are currently implemented should be removed from the game. Furthermore, guilds should get new features that improve and extend the management of the guilds.

To prevent politics between guilds from disappearing completely, I would like to see a diplomacy system where every interaction between guilds has its advantages and disadvantages. Diplomacy can be pushed as far as you like, if you don't end up with 10000 strong mega alliances, which don't mind the sheer size of their empires or their administration.
      In the grim dark of Albion - there is only war.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

Merzot wrote:

cap alliance will not do anything, but only add hemorrhoids. You are used to blaming the game for your failures. many people are used to playing with each other in alliances
      God forbid they actually play the game with skill, rather than acting as cowardly as possible to outnumber their opponents, right?

Better let them play a game where there is a cap on the zerg. cap on the alliance. fight for territory in a confined space and call it a sandbox

Sandbox games have always been associated with freedom. if sbi does as you say, we will play the mob, not the sandbox. capcapcapcap

The post was edited 1 time, last by Merzot ().

• @Merzot If you actually want a reply in any sort of attempt at discussion, could you try rephrasing that, in English this time?

Joining big alliances and opening up every time big alliance leaders unzip is not freedom. Being excluded from certain areas and content due to big alliance leaders unzipping, because you won't join and open your mouth is not freedom. Big alliances have turned out to be the enemy of freedom and an anathema to the sandbox.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dc1a0 ().

• Merzot wrote:

cap alliance will not do anything, but only add hemorrhoids. You are used to blaming the game for your failures. many people are used to playing with each other in alliances
      The reality is that most people/guilds who joined these mega alliances are either riding the coat tails of a skilled guild or simply cannot tuff it out..

So mega alliances isn’t really hardcore it’s the opposite... preying on players whom you can easily overcome with pure numbers.. most of the time they are wearing trash.. so it just all flys in the face of Albion’s concept of “the bigger risks = bigger rewards”

The post was edited 1 time, last by Loxxxx ().

• Gank wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Gank wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Risk, trade, transport.

Why would more people living in the black zone be a bad thing?
    • I’m sure the hideouts cost to make vs risk to have territories owners Tear it down, won’t be worth it for most small guilds. I wait patiently for more information.

It will be another way for mega alliances to encroach on another mega alliances terries. If a small guild can actually get and hold a terry in season 8, it will work in the mega alliances advantage as they are the ones who virtually have unlimited funds.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Loxxxx ().

• Tabor wrote:

Give the devs a break they are playing WoW Classic like the waves of people who have left in recent months due to the stale hand holding mega alliance disaster that Albion has become!
      Idk man fight's lately have become pretty banging.based on your post history you're just salty you can't hack it in one.
      Extravirgin olive oil
      3medium onions, chopped
      Salt,black pepper
      4cloves garlic, minced
      1tablespoon tomato paste
      3cups chicken broth
      Freshbasil
      15medium or 10 large ripe tomatoes, Chopped + Juice