[Updated] Possible Alliance Change

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MrsLove wrote:

ViLEuo wrote:

Dacunetc wrote:

I understand and experienced the problem, but I think your solution won't solve anything because guilds can drop alliance for 1h and fill the area. If you still don't get it: 300 [zone cap] - 150 OOPS - 100 (non-OOPS H&S) = 50 other people can enter.

i.imgur.com/OQVkw7r.jpg
      So make an invisible "debuff" that stays on your character for 24 hours(or however long) still aligning you with your previous alliance for zoning purposes so you'd still count towards the 150.So even if you dropped alliance you'd still count towards their 150 people for 24 hours in a zone.
      And that's where naps and politics come into scene... the exact reason SBI gave when explaining why they wanna keep alliances in game (to prevent naps from forming)... I know it's frustrating for people not part of the huge alliances, but I think SBI should rather create incentives for being part of somthing smaller than even try to create des-incentives for being part of something big, because players will always find a workaround des-incentives...
      Yeah exactly.

I started Albion 2 months ago and I had an apportunity to join a pre-existing guild that is already in an established alliance.

Actually I still have that opportunity now, but I recognise that every alliance that currently exists at one point only had 1 guild, and that guild only had 1 member.

It all starts somewhere.

Some people want to buy from McDonalds, others want to cook a 5 course meal. Convenience & instant gratification is a popular commodity.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion
    • Dacunetc wrote:

I understand and experienced the problem, but I think your solution won't solve anything because guilds can drop alliance for 1h and fill the area. If you still don't get it: 300 [zone cap] - 150 OOPS - 100 (non-OOPS H&S) = 50 other people can enter.

i.imgur.com/OQVkw7r.jpg
      Yeah, first we have alliance lock, for now it's fixed per re-joining. We can make that thing growing in time drastically, which means first time the guild leaves alliance in each season it's 24h, then it's 48h, then it's 72h or 96h to discourage alliance hopping in order to abuse this/other systems. This is just an idea that there are 100 ways to prevent abusing it.

Another thing is even if guilds leave alliance, they have friendly fire. they can't attack two fronts at the same time, because they will kill their own people. I am fine with having 200 enemies where 1/4th has 'friendly fire'.

I am fine with other solutions, It's just mine. But problem is there and we need a change for the next season. Sometimes we can't see the whole picture and some more-global changes that area already coded, can solve all the minor ones.
    • I am a pretty new player.. around a month and I can assure your alliances system will kill this game unless you change the mechanics.

These mega alliances are a major force in blocking almost all content past tier 4 for any small guild or solo player..

And to join them is typically a life of extortion and being told how And when to play. It’s either join a mega alliance and pay membership fees, and be told how and what builds you have to play.. or be farmed for gear like an npc.

Your whole system promotes a system where mega alliances will dominate and force anyone unwilling to join to just simply get frustrated and go find something else to play.. end game content controlled but Zerg alliances who consistently sit in zone entrances and gank anyone coming through.. honestly it’s not fun and not worth the effort.

If you want any longevity to this game you better figure it out fast.. soon there will only be mega alliances and those will eventually dwindle away when the smaller guilds and solo players are no longer around to be preyed upon..
    • Why does alliance members have option to attack you when you are allied with them? Make a Code that doesn't let alliance members attack their own alliance players unless they are BOTH in PVP mode or Duel.
      Also add Option for teams that are with ALLIANCE. Options to turn on; Alliance PVP, When the options are On, the players will NOT hurt each other in PVP mode. That will gradually solve many problems within alliance as well.

The post was edited 2 times, last by GRoupon ().

• Just put a cap on alliance numbers simultaniously with releasing hideouts.

Make something like max 900 players per alliance so there is still good reason to form alliances for top guilds ( or to make alt guilds into alliance?) ,and smaller guilds would also get the chance to merge together into an alliance of equal numbers.

This would bring more PVP/ZVZ content, improve quality of game due to less large scale battles, , and more dispersion of power as the huge alliances would be forced to break into smaller rival factions fighting for control.

smaller alliances -> less laggy for servers + power distribution + ALOT more content

NO need for friendly fire within alliance, or to overcomplicate things by other means... Just cap the ammount of players an alliance can have.
      Specially with hideouts coming out in future.. or there will be no use for hideouts at all..
    • in my opinion, to cap an alliance is the right thing. Right now, in mercia are 2 large alliances thats OOPS and SQUAD, they battle each other, but think about, there's comming another alliance to mercia or even more, that means more PVP more ZvZ maybe much better content. I am just thinking about a 4 front castle fight and it's insane.
      Also if u gonna cap the amount of member which an alliance allows, the alliance Leader have to decide to go with Alts or Guilds.
    • I think limit the guilds/persons in a alliance is still a good option, i mean yeah, big alliances can, in theory, allied with another alliance and, in theory, still be a big alliance, but that is no a easy task, the two alliance can't guarantee your safety in is part of the terroties all the time, eventually the members of one alliance are going to think "But why the members of that other alliance have this real good chunk of terroty insted of us" and eventually is not possible to maintain the peace between alliances.

Imagine you cap the alliance so hard that a big alliance have to split in 3, that's insane, you really need to have a good head of leaders to maintain 3 different alliance happy when you are competing for season points.

But i'm not sure, i'm in a small hispanic guild of 3 persons so i don't know much about the actually structure of OOPS or other big alliance and all that stuff xD
    • Well a very simple mechanic could regulate it

Season points are divided by members in alliance

Do some math that with an alliance of 100 you get for average 10 Terries and some mage raids crystal, or whatever makes sense

But stop the Mechanic, no matter how many people - no draw back

In Real you need the food, the homes etc for that mega Army

Here, if something not works just zone cap, done..
    • tabooshka wrote:

Theat wrote:

Most alliances are broken and will change next season.

It's relieving to see honestly. Game is going to change dramatically in Season 7.

Good decision for SBI not to interfere with politics.
      literally nothing is gonna change, but nice try
      Squad was broken. EGO was broken. New alliances are forming.

You don't know what you're talking about. The mega-alliances are all shifting, for the better.
    • Theat wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

Theat wrote:

Most alliances are broken and will change next season.

It's relieving to see honestly. Game is going to change dramatically in Season 7.

Good decision for SBI not to interfere with politics.
      literally nothing is gonna change, but nice try
      Squad was broken. EGO was broken. New alliances are forming.
      You don't know what you're talking about. The mega-alliances are all shifting, for the better.

you are literally mentioning all the alliances without a single gvg team, nice try though
    • Does it really matter what is the new name of something housing 5k or more player's??

It's maximum carebeer without draw back

Zone cap, tons of bz safe spots catered by a few Gvg players and a mega Zerg

That is the exact opposite of skilled play

That's casual carebeer zergs that people with low skill can enter bz

Limit alliance or do any drawback to just mass up several K people braindead under one tag

Unite here, hold your E, big clap big clap ..all now E, move back, protective windwall, healer heal...wait wait.... Knights helmet..big clap big clap.. all E.. what u run from 3 people!?? I am gonna loot you my self..(c) hydXxxxxx

Seriously? Without the need for protection of Terries, Nobody with a bit of pride would tolerate that each day..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().