[Updated] Possible Alliance Change

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The map changes, as others have suggested 1000 times over the course of a year, would take care of most of these alliance "problems". It would leave the Mercia guilds to fend for themselves, and Cumbria, and Anglia, and the Royals too. It would prevent zergs from instantly roaming anywhere in the entire world, which is another "problem".

What should not happen, is what many are suggesting, is to nerf the rewards and hard work of guilds and alliances who have fought for their established power. Voting the winners out of power by whining on the forum should be strongly discouraged.
    • GVG attacks aren't happening because the BZ territories are in most cases not worth attacking or defending.

GVG teams of all tiers usually want to get a good fight not a stomp. Skrimming and crystalling is more attractive to teams right now.

Crystals themselves allow teams to inject 20M fame/month into their characters directly (long as they can make 2 timers, most serious teams can and do). Normal GVG's dont come anywhere close to that level of reward.
    • Gank wrote:

Counter/retal overwrote the old gvg system, and immediately after we saw a drastic drop in attacks.
      To be fair a lot of them were fake attacks.

Syndic wrote:

GVG attacks aren't happening because the BZ territories are in most cases not worth attacking or defending.

GVG teams of all tiers usually want to get a good fight not a stomp. Skrimming and crystalling is more attractive to teams right now.

Crystals themselves allow teams to inject 20M fame/month into their characters directly (long as they can make 2 timers, most serious teams can and do). Normal GVG's dont come anywhere close to that level of reward.
      Are crystals not a by-product of gvging hense making gvg the ability to get a crystal team gvg.
      The question now is:
      how to pair the teams consistently winning to each other.
      how to get more guilds/players into crystals

A more comprehensive ELO system might be the answer where the system takes a characters ELO and adds it to the other teammates and tries to pair with a similar team.

Regarding getting guilds to own territories is a tougher situation, but looking at making it easier to launch in yellow/red zones might be the answer. Or adding a shit ton more territories in royals (2-3) per zone as a test. Adding more warcamps (with less cost associated with them)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wadefu ().

• (maybe this was already suggested)

Rather than have GvG and reset days be the ONLY way to own a territory, what about ADDING a mechanic whereby if an opposing guild is able to place mages, and those mages are un-cleared for X days (or a points system?) then the territory switches ownership. This allows more guild members to participate in guild territory ownership by clearing mages / holding their own mages on a semi-consistent

GvG still stays in play to win over or defend as an alternate path to territory ownership.
    • This is so retarded, each time the game is more casual. I remember the times where you needed to go Hg's for practice 5vs5, where all Hg's were full, where you were fighting 40 differents teams in 1 day , becouse people wanted train and be better for later can play GvG.

Now we have scrims, now we have cristal GvG's and now developers want to cap the black zone?

What is the next? Que for GvG's where you don't need terris? Lock the account when you play with 1 char? WTF. THIS IS A SANBOX GAME, STOP GOING WITH THE FUCKING GAME TO MORE CASUAL EACH DAY .
    • Adding caps to the black zone is a joke. There should at least be SOME stability in ownership of territories. That is going to make it so unstable to own territories. Unless you are going to make it SUPER rewarding to have a territory for one day then it's not even worth the hassle. Instead, I'd like a refund on ALL my LP from fame farming so that I can be a full time PvE player and just craft my life away on the game.
    • The biggest problem in albion is " the lammer mechanic" , people always search for overnumbers,naps , avoid battles etc etc , lammer mechanic is the meta , lammers players always obtain profit and that is so big wrong ... win in economy , win in fame etc etc

HCE = Lammer Mechanic
      Biggest alliance = Lammer Mechanic
      Ridiculous antizerg shield (not enought) -> Lammer Mechanic

We need Friend Fire
      We need a improvements in zntizerg shield mechanic
      We need more balance and rewards for solo activities

We need more balance in pvp openworld skirmish , you alway busy in "biggest battles" but you forgive the truth spirit in a sandbox , pvp openworld skirmish , you could give back the life in open world
      We need Compress maps or any other way for give life in openworld ,
    • why you want put cap in black zone? cristal gvg cap, red zone cap,

we know that they want the game to be more "casual" but to play in the black zone is like throwing the effort of 1 year of players who made a lot of fame to fight with the greatest possible advantage in the black zoneplease reconsider all this kind of crazy ideas and think about how to keep the players that take a lot of time instead of proposing this kind of thing.
    • Hello there,

I have already read a few people complaining about IP Cap in low and mid outlands, honestly it seems that they are not interested in health in long terms of the game.

It doesn't involve anything negative that there is more space for new entities where they dont have to manage something with an excessive consumption of time to participate (low) outlands. As for mid-high it may be necessary not touch the cap, but Anglia needs IP Cap to provide the possibility of conquering something to small guilds. The Royal is small in comparison with Anglia.

In any case, the arguments seem like excuses, say that "all the fame farming I did now will not make sense" is false. The more specializations, the lower the cost of the gear to play the GvG's capped.

This is the right path, hopefully continue to make good decisions for the health of the game. The next step is to get the OW to have skirmish matches and fix the huge zergs mobility that ruin the PvP OW experience.

Regards.
    • WeeWee wrote:

Hello! I am a gvger and am now looking for use of my 8.1 gear. Is a zerg guild recruiting? Then I won't be IP capped cuz it makes sense that you use the highest tier gear to secure a warcamp to then down gear 3-4 tiers to do the gvg.
      I’d put caps on all gvgs. Make it skill based no gear crutching. Then open world becomes gear flex and promotes vultures coming out, small squad engages loots and runs, etc. More diversification on resource (gear/loot) is possible in OW.
      All the people crying about it are the same people sitting on infinite amounts of stockpile so ofc trying to defend that advantage.
      You can't explain chess moves to Pokémon GO players
    • KingMoJo wrote:

WeeWee wrote:

Hello! I am a gvger and am now looking for use of my 8.1 gear. Is a zerg guild recruiting? Then I won't be IP capped cuz it makes sense that you use the highest tier gear to secure a warcamp to then down gear 3-4 tiers to do the gvg.
      I’d put caps on all gvgs. Make it skill based no gear crutching. Then open world becomes gear flex and promotes vultures coming out, small squad engages loots and runs, etc. More diversification on resource (gear/loot) is possible in OW.All the people crying about it are the same people sitting on infinite amounts of stockpile so ofc trying to defend that advantage.
      Ok well it would help your alliance, so in that case, there should be a cap of 30 people from the same alliance inside of 1 zone at any given time to have something against you guys and make it easier for smaller guilds/alliances to organized ZvZs.. You guys don't fame farm so you don't GvG but you guys have all the power in ZvZs. Needs more balancing than just putting a cap on GvGs, include ZvZs in there too.
    • So, as this subject is beginning to grow and I'm still investing a lot in the gvgs, I will share my opinion positively and negatively to be objective.

First, the positive aspects:

• For me, setting a cap in Anglia at least will allow the new guilds to be competitive in black zone without having to depend on a real economy. A good implementation of this system can bring a real diversity of teams instead of always seeing the same: SUN (whole LADS), Frogue One and occasionally POE with warcamps.
      • Moreover, to allow confrontations "inexpensive" will logically increase the number of gvgs and the guilds like SUN who are implemanted in Anglia will unfortunately have to move towards mercia if this one wants more epics fight, or to be absorbed by new entities that will be more rigorous in gvg.
      • In the end, this will allow the NA structure to defend their territories because, without lying, the NA Anglia side is non-existent which inevitably leads to having profit without pressure: think again when conflict was based on Anglia and moved on Mercia, it's this kind of movement that the game is supposed to see, not stay on 4 territories while waiting for enemies.

Then, the negative aspects :

• Finally, the point that all former gvg players will highlight, as I did without thinking. Like the marvin highlight, this cap will act a bit like the hell gates and will restrict the fame somehow, so we will witness drops of heal and damage but absolutely not of antiheal and cc. This means the significant arrival of the double healer in black zone and full antiheal composition which will be very strong liver despite the implementation of the new dps cape which save a little the business of poor dps without support for the team.
      • This change will also bring a huge interest for gvgs in Anglia and thus increase royally the price of 6.1: thus the hellgates will become very expensive. Another content that will disappear completely from the game.
      • And I also come on WeeWee's fact, I think that the gaming community is waiting for a good implementation knowing that if we see zerg in 8.1 and then defend the territory in 6.1, it's fooling the world.
      • Finnaly, I also agree with Mojo's idea. Currently, guilds rely too much on their stock allowing them to maintain a consistent advantage over others. This effect will thus ruin somehow the long-term efforts of some guilds (SUN) that can always move on mercia or cumbria if they can.
      CONCLUSION:

To conclude, Im for this global idea if it's more elaborated and especially well implemented because indeed, the future of the game depends on it. As mojo said, we need skillbased game, not a game of attrition with guilds that have stocks 20 times larger than others and that by taking part of their simple war activity (take warcamps) arrive as time goes by, denie access to smaller ones structures. Its a type of game but atm, new players can't afford weeks of fights in 8.1.
      In general terms, guilds need to take risks and this 6.1 gvgs based will allow more possibility in anglia.

• KingJokerz wrote:

KingMoJo wrote:

WeeWee wrote:

I’d put caps on all gvgs. Make it skill based no gear crutching. Then open world becomes gear flex and promotes vultures coming out, small squad engages loots and runs, etc. More diversification on resource (gear/loot) is possible in OW.All the people crying about it are the same people sitting on infinite amounts of stockpile so ofc trying to defend that advantage.
      Ok well it would help your alliance, so in that case, there should be a cap of 30 people from the same alliance inside of 1 zone at any given time to have something against you guys and make it easier for smaller guilds/alliances to organized ZvZs.. You guys don't fame farm so you don't GvG but you guys have all the power in ZvZs. Needs more balancing than just putting a cap on GvGs, include ZvZs in there too.
      I'm totally ok with that also. Matter of fact, remove alliances or limit them also if we want smaller zergs running around.
      You can't explain chess moves to Pokémon GO players