[Updated] Possible Alliance Change

    • Syndic wrote:

      It's already more profitable to win GVG's then to NAP with someone, because the gear looted is multiple times more valuable then that territory will yield over weeks/months. A single 6.3 Judicator Armor is worth more then the territory will produce in 2-3 weeks.
      Exactly. Winning a GvG is more profitable than NAPping. However any GvG involves a winning side and a losing side, so it's gonna be profitable for 50% of the participants involved. And exactly as you said, loot is worth more than 2-3 weeks profit from owning that territory and this exact fact discourages people from gvg as it's a high risk activity. NAPping has very low risks and that's why it's preferred. Sure you'll take a gvg you're confident you're gonna win, but playing against other competitive guilds means more equal chances of winning (or to be profitable). Now there are certain established gvg teams that can't be contested, and it's normal to be, as they've been playing for longer. But there's no real place for the mid level players, not to speak about entry level. And if you wanna say that they can crystal gvg, then we return to the problem that they have to be in one of the super alliances to do so in 95% of the cases.

      From the perspective of a non-experienced or low-experienced team the risks of losing gear multiple times more valuable than that territory will yield over weeks/ month is way too high for little reward (even though for a new team the loot from a gvg would be more valuable than for experienced teams that reached the point in game where they dont really care about losing a set or two).

      It depends a lot on whether the devs wanna switch the game and encourage GvG or not. But if they wanna grow their player base they should do some switches.

      I'm not saying that the hard work of people who've been playing this game long enough and did their grinding already should be ignored. It shouldn't. But they gotta find a place for both players who started in alpha and players that start playing albion tomorrow.

      Some ideas for the devs that could encourage GvGs (if that's their plan for the game):
      - make them once a week not every day (it will be higher reward to hold a terry for a week safely, you'll have more unique teams participating, a rarer opportunity will motivate people to actually take it)
      - make fighting a gvg and scoring a point actually give season points (not too many though)
      - make it more cost efficient.
    • We could always remove carebearleon and everyone would have to be in a PvP zone.

      Then EVERYONE would fight and no one could hide behind a alliance, city or anything. Right now most of the open world players sit in the safe zone city until they have something to go kill in the black-zone.

      They get INSTANTLY teleport to their destination to fight and then take a 4 min walk home to log off.....


      IF SBI has player data tracking, i.e. location tracking, click tracking they can easily observe population density and flow around different things to better understand behavior. Most of us or everyone here are arm-chair developing/designing with almost no data or information.
    • Gank wrote:

      Raithe wrote:

      Unfortunately due to map size just removing caerleon would make the zones clogged and gross.
      Obviously that isn't what is being suggested.
      It was an exaggeration to point out the fact that players dont truly 'live' in the black-zone. Everyone bases from Careleon and simply ventures out for activities.

      In previous games it used to take a serious investment to move from our built lands back to the 'NPC' area or capital cities. This travel was accelerated through highways or similar movement routes to allow of interaction but all movement was in the open world. Or summoning a teleport made a giant marker on the map for enemies and allies like a blob to tell everyone you were about to teleport in 7-10 minutes. This turned you into a great target for anyone nearby to gank.

      Right now the fact you can simply traverse and teleport around is silly and everyone plays in a way to be the SMALLEST target possible. Otherwise your giving your stuff away.

      If you keep 20+ in a zone, the "roaming" gangs will regularly pass through. But if your zone is always 'Dead' those groups look for hotter zones.
    • Raithe wrote:

      Oh I completely agree. The map is way too accessible imo. I just am imagining the gankfest if they dont work on the map.
      I Used to run the "tomato express" delivery business in beta which was fairly profitable getting things from the royals out to bal-brag or some other black zone town. but that's not even worth considering now. the only place to be anywhere is caer.
      Extravirgin olive oil
      3medium onions, chopped
      Salt,black pepper
      4cloves garlic, minced
      1tablespoon tomato paste
      3cups chicken broth
      Freshbasil
      15medium or 10 large ripe tomatoes, Chopped + Juice
    • I think the devs need to rework the world map by removing the realmgate. Here are my suggestions:

      - Via boat connect: Lymhurst to Roostcliff, Bridgewatch to Browngrass Meadow, Martlock to Blencathra, Thetford to Wetfoot Fen, Fort Sterling to a new zone north of and connecting to Pen Castell
      - Replace No Respite with Caerleon.
      - In Caerleon's old location add a new Heretic World Boss. In this zone add a tunnel connection to the underway so it connects to Caerleon which is now in Anglia. This allows red zone Outlaws to still get to Caerleon and the blackzones.
      - Add a 'hideout' underneath each World Boss zone in the blackzone. Connect them via tunnels to the outer edge of the four surrounding zones (for Blighted Bog this hideout would connect to Flesheater Morass, Deathmarch Expanse, Bleak Moor, and Bein Aden). These zones would have no crafting stations, but be a small social area with a respawn and bank.
      - Turn Carpet of Bones into an Inis Mon style World Boss so we have 2 of each world boss types instead of 1, 2, and 4.
      - Limit guilds to one town plot each. (I know guilds can abuse this by creating alt guilds to sit on town plots... but I still think this additional inconvenience is necessary)
      - Add something special to the old portal zones in Eastern Anglia, Cumbria, and Mercia so those zones don't feel so empty. 20v20 or 10v10 hellgate spawns?
    • TomatoBisque wrote:

      Raithe wrote:

      Oh I completely agree. The map is way too accessible imo. I just am imagining the gankfest if they dont work on the map.
      I Used to run the "tomato express" delivery business in beta which was fairly profitable getting things from the royals out to bal-brag or some other black zone town. but that's not even worth considering now. the only place to be anywhere is caer.
      Yes indeed. I had a great route in galahad from King's Market to Outrider Oasis (like 4 zones maybe) sell and resupply. Then on to the port town that connected to the bz close to Welcoming Shadows where I sold heal/energy/poison pots at an up charge since it was like 8 zones from Outrider. Then another 4 zones or so through the bz to welcoming shadows where I put wierd random extras. Great for when pop was low and none was around.

      This was especially great when you could only fast travel naked as each local economy was different.
    • Most of these forum warriors have ulterior motives for their requests and posts.

      Some of these novel writers would pay weekly funds to Syndic who now lost majority of his power-- is listing off changes that will help his cartel further funnel money.
      -- Wants to nerf caerleon money and cartel---> Cir + Syndic invented the cartel and boosting the money.
      --> Complains about mega alliances while he created the longest lasting mega alliance to date.


      Retroman, why don't you take a look at the game itself for a week. Look at what it's become.

      Massive alliances are making it easy for rich people to afk. If alliances were capped + member numbers were capped. It would force people to fight regionally instead of internationally. This would mean whatever alliance you choose-- dictates your content. If you inspect guilds-- it's usually 100 active members give or take in each 300 man guild. Realistically, you could cap guilds to 100 members each and make alliances max of 4 guilds. Total of four hundred members is more than enough to provide content. The current total population of the game is not fit for uncapped alliances + 300 man guilds. It just spreads the game out too thin and makes it unrealistic. This is coming from a player who has first hand experience on all levels of game play. Gatherer/Zvzer/ Low end Gvger/ High end Gvger/ Guild master/ Alliance lead.

      . Ever since removal of T8 Materials from the territory + energy reduction + not being able to replace mages, is it absolutely Impossible for new people to enter the scene. The motion of the ocean needs to change from all levels to be able to make waves. Crystal gvgs were a great addition to add content on many levels of game play.

      Making naps in turn of creating alliance cap / member caps is perfectly fine because it allows more reds which will in turn create drama which will effect naps. That's good content in game.
      twitch.tv/persiansohrab
      400/400 Fire Mage Spec
      400/400 Cloth Robe Crafter
    • Sohrab wrote:

      Some of these novel writers would pay weekly funds to Syndic who now lost majority of his power-- is listing off changes that will help his cartel further funnel money.

      -- Wants to nerf caerleon money and cartel---> Cir + Syndic invented the cartel and boosting the money.
      --> Complains about mega alliances while he created the longest lasting mega alliance to date.

      Making naps in turn of creating alliance cap / member caps is perfectly fine because it allows more reds which will in turn create drama which will effect naps. That's good content in game.

      The major points raised in your post elude to the fact it is to EASY to travel INTERNATIONALLY. If you want a chance for 'engagement' and 'content' it should take more than 4-6 mins for people to get from BZ->Carebearleon. Right now a player group can cross the world in 15 minutes.

      There is no times to 'engage' player as they dont have to live in the black-zone. They all live in Careleon and simply go out on excursions. unless two excursions meet there is not much content to be had.

      While it appears this Syndic character has fouled you in some way, I am not overly familiar with how a single player can carry such weight, nor how it is relevant to the game design discussion here. It is safe to say all of these posts are made with self interest in mind, so trying to discredit others contributions seems petty. While you attack him in your post, he has not attacked anyone while contributing to this thread from what I have seen.
    • Lemonz wrote:

      Sohrab wrote:

      Some of these novel writers would pay weekly funds to Syndic who now lost majority of his power-- is listing off changes that will help his cartel further funnel money.

      -- Wants to nerf caerleon money and cartel---> Cir + Syndic invented the cartel and boosting the money.
      --> Complains about mega alliances while he created the longest lasting mega alliance to date.

      Making naps in turn of creating alliance cap / member caps is perfectly fine because it allows more reds which will in turn create drama which will effect naps. That's good content in game.
      The major points raised in your post elude to the fact it is to EASY to travel INTERNATIONALLY. If you want a chance for 'engagement' and 'content' it should take more than 4-6 mins for people to get from BZ->Carebearleon. Right now a player group can cross the world in 15 minutes.

      There is no times to 'engage' player as they dont have to live in the black-zone. They all live in Careleon and simply go out on excursions. unless two excursions meet there is not much content to be had.

      While it appears this Syndic character has fouled you in some way, I am not overly familiar with how a single player can carry such weight, nor how it is relevant to the game design discussion here. It is safe to say all of these posts are made with self interest in mind, so trying to discredit others contributions seems petty. While you attack him in your post, he has not attacked anyone while contributing to this thread from what I have seen.
      Clearly, you don't know any part of this real game. If you think Syndic has fouled me. You aren't aware of the round table talks and how he has shifted the game in his mega-alliance's favor.
      twitch.tv/persiansohrab
      400/400 Fire Mage Spec
      400/400 Cloth Robe Crafter
    • tabooshka wrote:

      I thought exertion mafia invented cartels
      They did temporarily for a month but then gave up after the Caerleon discord was created. Then, Syndic made all those roleplay threat letters... the ones that kept getting posted on reddit but the reddit is ran by SBI not the community so the posts kept getting suddenly "deleted" and accounts were banned. :thinking:
      twitch.tv/persiansohrab
      400/400 Fire Mage Spec
      400/400 Cloth Robe Crafter
    • Syndic wrote:

      I started with 1 tower in Bleak Moor, plenty of newer guilds started with 1 tower somewhere. Most alliances from release to today collapsed and split up.

      It is harder to hold the more you have, yes. That's up to the playerbase though to make it harder by attacking, not up to the developers with interventions in the sandbox and hostile development pissing on everyone's efforts because its fun to test FF for a month.
      You started with 1 tower in an uncontested region when energy was increased and t8 materials were in the territory. The game is a different beast right now. Stop trying to influence and tarnish the game by your out of game interactions you have going on.
      twitch.tv/persiansohrab
      400/400 Fire Mage Spec
      400/400 Cloth Robe Crafter
    • Sohrab wrote:

      Lemonz wrote:

      Sohrab wrote:

      Some of these novel writers would pay weekly funds to Syndic who now lost majority of his power-- is listing off changes that will help his cartel further funnel money.

      -- Wants to nerf caerleon money and cartel---> Cir + Syndic invented the cartel and boosting the money.
      --> Complains about mega alliances while he created the longest lasting mega alliance to date.

      Making naps in turn of creating alliance cap / member caps is perfectly fine because it allows more reds which will in turn create drama which will effect naps. That's good content in game.
      The major points raised in your post elude to the fact it is to EASY to travel INTERNATIONALLY. If you want a chance for 'engagement' and 'content' it should take more than 4-6 mins for people to get from BZ->Carebearleon. Right now a player group can cross the world in 15 minutes.
      There is no times to 'engage' player as they dont have to live in the black-zone. They all live in Careleon and simply go out on excursions. unless two excursions meet there is not much content to be had.

      While it appears this Syndic character has fouled you in some way, I am not overly familiar with how a single player can carry such weight, nor how it is relevant to the game design discussion here. It is safe to say all of these posts are made with self interest in mind, so trying to discredit others contributions seems petty. While you attack him in your post, he has not attacked anyone while contributing to this thread from what I have seen.
      Clearly, you don't know any part of this real game. If you think Syndic has fouled me. You aren't aware of the round table talks and how he has shifted the game in his mega-alliance's favor.
      Sorry I mixed that up with Cargera....

      Its time to take the the tin foil hat off and play the game mate... He started with one uncontested tower, you said yourself above. No everyone can go to Mercia day 1.

      Removing some of the fast travel while increasing motivation to live out of city plots is a great direction for creating eco systems in the BZ beyond the dungeon FF and gear running for GvG. Simply breaking alliances wont magically create more players to fight.
    • Sohrab wrote:

      Syndic wrote:

      I started with 1 tower in Bleak Moor, plenty of newer guilds started with 1 tower somewhere. Most alliances from release to today collapsed and split up.

      It is harder to hold the more you have, yes. That's up to the playerbase though to make it harder by attacking, not up to the developers with interventions in the sandbox and hostile development pissing on everyone's efforts because its fun to test FF for a month.
      You started with 1 tower in an uncontested region when energy was increased and t8 materials were in the territory. The game is a different beast right now. Stop trying to influence and tarnish the game by your out of game interactions you have going on.

      My 1 tower was sandwiched between GEAR, NERF and BLAME alliances at the time. There was no energy in the game back then, only T8 resources which were raided by blobs every day. We carved our towers from Nolife's hands and then defended them against NERF which encircled our positions by absorbing Shiro's guild/alliance.

      Nobody handed us anything, we didn't start in Anglia, we fought our way to where we got by ourselves. Zero dev interventions needed, thats something not a whole lot of guilds can say in this game. :thumbsup:
    • Sohrab wrote:

      Clearly, you don't know any part of this real game. If you think Syndic has fouled me. You aren't aware of the round table talks and how he has shifted the game in his mega-alliance's favor.
      I think I've seen this before either on forums or reddit. Are you on the round table? Is he shifting the game by manipulating the devs? I'm really confused. From what I've seen, he gets ignored by the devs more often than not and they've made many changes that are straight up detrimental to his guild and alliance. I'd like to know specifics if you'll present them.
    • I can only confirm, round table is full of people who don't care about the game, other players, or the company itself but only mind their own business and represent their community, so simply - they are lobbyists. Because of the game politics, NAPs etc. that community is purely circle of jerk and being a total stranger with revolutionary ideas was one-man-army mission. Any suggestion that would open the game for others - and could harm their empire would be thrown with shit by everyone (even the opposition).
      In the end, nobody evaluated quality of other people suggestions, discussion was 100% subjective and personal (e.g. BA will win the season-argument in every thread), so it's just like an open forum (low quality) with selective people. Not something I expected. So if I was working for SBI I would also not use Round table suggestions too much.

      I feel like writing in open forums leads to better contributions and conclusions than dealing with individuals on the round table. And I hope SBI will put more wage to public polls, discussions just like they did with this thread. I have a feeling that some time ago that poll would be only on the round table and never reached public forum, so that's a positive change.