Broken Market - End product cheaper than materials

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Broken Market - End product cheaper than materials

Neu

As long as the end product is cheaper that the materials it costs to make, the economy is not functioning correctly. I enjoy this game but have quit because I don't like the way that the market place has been handled. There have been a few improvements here and there, but still the issue remains the same. There are simple solutions, but for some odd reason they go completely unheard. So I came back with another neat idea, here it is.

• When a item is equipped or used, it gets titled as such.
      • Used items reap full benefits only from the player who first used it.
      • When a player uses a used item which was first used by a different player, the item will provide reduced stats and durability than the original item, but it can still be equipped.
      • Used items cannot be sold on the market.
      I guarantee this will fix the market and it's a rather simple solution too. To put it simple, in order for end products to become more valuable, they need to be purchased more regularly. That wont happen unless these items start getting out of the market and end up getting salvaged way more frequently than they do currently.
    • Neu

Actually the crafting system and economy in Albion is one of the most well done parts of the game. I don't think you're considering the value of resource return from crafting with focus, or the subjective value of fame gained from crafting. Take a 6.1 mercenary hood for example. The recipe calls for 8 6.1 leather, but with resource return it really only costs 4-5 because you get 3-4 leather back when crafting with focus. If you consider it really only costs you 4 or 5 leather to craft, they're actually profitable at current market prices for 6.1 leather and 6.1 merc helms.

The genius is that focus limits how much you can craft profitably per day, meaning supply is kept in check which keeps prices stable.
      [url='https://tinyurl.com/y7d4nfx5']AO Quick Reference Guide[/url]

Referral Key: https://albiononline.com/?ref=R563G747A9

Trial Keys: PM at [EB]Grimhawke#9254 on https://discord.gg/dcH32z
    • Neu

High tier refined leather, costs more than all of it's end products. This is a fact. Not sure what you're trying to get at or talking about. Anyone can check the market place and confirm exactly what I'm saying. If you don't find that as a flaw, then you don't understand basic economics.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Trenix ()

• Neu

I am afraid you don't fully oversee the consequences of your suggestions.

Having used items have less efficiency on players other than the first user AND prohibiting a sale on the Auction House leads to combat loot being worthless, because noone really wants to use subpar equipment.

So I would kill a player in the open world and I wouldn't even bother looting - because I can't sell the loot and I sure as hell won't use it. This would make open world PvP somewhat less of a thrill, thus damaging one of the core features of the game.

And I think you didn't really read what Grimhawke wrote. You can't just compare the price of refined resources with the price of the finished product without factoring in returned mats due to focus and city-bonuses. You admited that you're not sure what Grimhawke was writing about - maybe it would be a wise course of action to read up on that or ask him to elaborate.
      Some People - wir rekrutieren
    • Neu

Especially with high lvl gears you have to consider more in the calculation. Primarily the chance of producing a masterpiece. There is a direct correlation between - for example - the price of 7.0 cursed staffs (1h) and the price of a 7.* cursed staff masterpiece. The filled T7 crafting books will bring nice return in a maxed out T8 labourer home. Other stuff will be produced just to lvl up crafting. Like people buy tomes for fame, people buy resources to max their focus usage and masterpiece chances. And you have to take the black market prices in account too.
    • Neu

Trenix schrieb:

High tier refined leather, costs more than all of it's end products. This is a fact. Not sure what you're trying to get at or talking about. Anyone can check the market place and confirm exactly what I'm saying. If you don't find that as a flaw, then you don't understand basic economics.

ofc, theres that thing called resource return, focus and labourers

If people craft a lot of shit and demand is low... then you know what happens, right?>=

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von Elsa () aus folgendem Grund: Inappropriate

• Neu

Trenix schrieb:

I checked all the high end leather, and I make money making all of it. I honestly think that you just don't have a full grasp on the games mechanics. There isn't supposed to be easy and clear free arbitrage. Especially at the highest end and most expensive materials.

It's weird to me that people are always just like, "I looked at the market for 2 minutes and now know its impossible to make money!" Well, if all you had to do was look at the market for 2 minutes, wouldn't you think that everyone else that had preceded you had done the same thing and made the transactions already to pick up all the free silver off the ground. Because they does.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von Piddle ()

• Neu

Raw resources have more demand then the products made with them since you can do more with it. Example, with some T6 planks, I can potentially make spears, bows, tools, magic staves or even furniture, however if I simply made a bow, then that bow is only valuable to the specific players that want or need that bow.

So players are going to start buying up the wood more often then they will be buying up bows. This inflates the price of wood while the bows remain either stagnant or lose value due to over supply. In the event that the demand for bows goes higher then the supply you will see players buying up surplus wood to meet the supply needs of the bow until it becomes unprofitable to do so.

Other factors that play in which were mentioned by various people include crafting focus and laborer's as well as the new city buffs that return bonus resources depending on what royal city you use. The market isn't broken, it is just being used a lot. One thing you could check up on is blackmarket prices for goods you make. There are moments when you can utilize the black market either by crafting the goods that are in demand or buying them off the auction house cheaper then the black market payout.