Xbows:unused and plain bad skills

• Owlsane wrote:

RottenH20 wrote:

Yep just remove the retarded .4 standtime from the "q" (I dont even know why the fuck its .4)

Also a buff to heavy crossbow would be nice (One of my fav weapon designs)
      .4 probabily means that you stand still for .4 seconds after your launch your shot
      Normal crossbow need some love too
      Ik what it is, but the thing is stand times reduce the skill cap a lot

.4 is a outrageous # for a "q" ability that is off cool down every 3 seconds
      I’m toxic
    • RottenH20 wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

RottenH20 wrote:

Yep just remove the retarded .4 standtime from the "q" (I dont even know why the fuck its .4)

.4 probabily means that you stand still for .4 seconds after your launch your shotNormal crossbow need some love too
      Ik what it is, but the thing is stand times reduce the skill cap a lot
      .4 is a outrageous # for a "q" ability that is off cool down every 3 seconds
      2 sec cd ma dude check tooltip

letwolf wrote:

it cd's every 2 seconds, so .4 stand time is even worse.
      Nah cuz cd begin when you press the skill key if i'm not mistaken.
    • Owlsane wrote:

RottenH20 wrote:

Owlsane wrote:

RottenH20 wrote:

.4 probabily means that you stand still for .4 seconds after your launch your shotNormal crossbow need some love too
      Ik what it is, but the thing is stand times reduce the skill cap a lot.4 is a outrageous # for a "q" ability that is off cool down every 3 seconds
      2 sec cd ma dude check tooltip

letwolf wrote:

it cd's every 2 seconds, so .4 stand time is even worse.
      Nah cuz cd begin when you press the skill key if i'm not mistaken.
      Alright mb 2 second CD which makes standtime worse

Please grab a crossbow and shoot the "q" does it no feel clunky?

From my understanding you like the .4 second stand time?
      I dont know how you like it unless you dont play crossbow and dont care, but im sorry friend your in the minority most people would agree that .4 stand time on a 2 second cd is fucking absurd.
      I’m toxic
    • Xbow is my second main after Bow and no i clearly not said that i like the .4 standtime on the 2 sec cd. I don't know how you guys got to that conclusion, im quite impressed tbh LUL.

I just pointed that the cd begins when you press the key (and not after the .4 standtime which would put the spell @2.4s), and also i was wondering if the .4 standtime is when you're about to shoot you q or when he just got launched

Anyway, for me it sound so stupid to get a standtime that high on weapons in general it simply lowers the skillcap. What also lowers the skillcap is that freakin small cd on everything when you use a spell, i hate this mechanic it makes the fights slow as fuck but that an another subject.

Put some love on normal crossbow and heavy pls ty <3
    • Owlsane wrote:

Xbow is my second main after Bow and no i clearly not said that i like the .4 standtime on the 2 sec cd. I don't know how you guys got to that conclusion, im quite impressed tbh LUL.

I just pointed that the cd begins when you press the key (and not after the .4 standtime which would put the spell @2.4s), and also i was wondering if the .4 standtime is when you're about to shoot you q or when he just got launched

Anyway, for me it sound so stupid to get a standtime that high on weapons in general it simply lowers the skillcap. What also lowers the skillcap is that freakin small cd on everything when you use a spell, i hate this mechanic it makes the fights slow as fuck but that an another subject.

Put some love on normal crossbow and heavy pls ty <3
      Just sounded like you liked it or didnt care from your answer (Sounded sarcastic)
      I’m toxic
    • Having played crossbow exclusively back when only heavy crossbow was viable, its in not a bad spot now with the 1h and siegebow being not bad choices, Having said that you dont see it run for openworld and its replaceable in gvg/zvz. Caltrops could use a touch up and the original Standard crossbow snipe needs some work as its useless for everything, i mean a beamed 400/400 weeping will hit pretty good dmg but doesnt anything? the 2 sec delay makes it horrible to time dps on particular areas/targets in small scale, might get lucky and land one in a zvz or on bad player (2 seconds is huge delay in this game) I dont mind it for chokes/castle fights / Area denial but yeah it still seems lacklustre compared to other choices, but be interesting if you can build a comp around this 2 second delay.
    • almost all at 400/400 will "do nice dmg", but in case of weeping, its complete lackluster.
      Q is very clumsy and hard to aim because very tiny Aoe (only 3m). Compare it with Bow's deadly shot, which have minimal stand time and hits in straight line. If enemy running zigzags you will miss more than half crossbow Q's if not all of them. so standtime makes it just ridiculous

The post was edited 1 time, last by letwolf ().

• letwolf wrote:

almost all at 400/400 will "do nice dmg", but in case of weeping, its complete lackluster.
      Q is very clumsy and hard to aim because very tiny Aoe (only 3m). Compare it with Bow's deadly shot, which have minimal stand time and hits in straight line. If enemy running zigzags you will miss more than half crossbow Q's if not all of them. so standtime makes it just ridiculous
      Very true although i dont think the weeping damage is that weak its just the 2 sec delay makes it impossible to land it when needed on a skilled opponent, and the standtime makes it so immobile, In reguards to explosive bolt its got great dmg on paper low cd is small aoe, but you really have to aim it in front of your opponents path of run /anticipate where he will be to land it, Its still the best Crossbow q we have though compared to other..
      They just need to rework caltrops to be more effective and the 2 sec delay wouldnt be so bad, or remove the explosion delay altogether.
    • Yeah i think they should put caltrops as an aoe and not single target. It's weird to see that when most of the crossbows spells are aoe (or are single target but will do aoe somehow) not a single W has aoe.

Heavy crossbow they should put the E cd at 10 or 15 sec (or giving it more damage)

Normal crossbow they should or reduce the cast time for snipe way more that the last patch or giving more damage.

Also i don't think SBI will work much on reducing the standtime anytime soon for crossbows (it's not i'm against reducing it) but it feels like the intention is to have that not mobile high dps (crossbow) vs the mobile and small dps (bow). You see what i mean by that? If theye change something on Q it's prolly the Explosive bolt aoe to be higher (like 5m).
    • letwolf wrote:

I cant really talk xbow as "high dps" if compare that with: frost, fire, spear, axe. I think it closer to Bow , but without mobility
      I think your missing the utlility of crossbow, agreed its dmg has fallen behind abit , but the cc / armour pierce it offers is unique , its always been a standing immobile cannon, siegebow though the aoe cone is huge with a solid tank/cc front itll wipe ppl in a choke better than anything, i still see though its never been good at open world or 1v1 occasionally bolt caster cheese build that is counterable, but overall its not bad, heavy crossbow used to be meta 5v5 but i guess things change xd, caltrops needs a rework for sure, times are changing for crossbow though , could do with alittle love.