Game extremely slow - RAM issue

• Game extremely slow - RAM issue

I have a PC with 8 GB RAM where the game runs extremely slowly, to the point of unplayability (not just the game, tho whole computer runs jerkily and slowly while the game is running). No other program is clogging the ram. I have another PC with 16 GB of RAM where the game runs normally. Video cards have the same memory on both PCs and the internet connection is the same. What do you think is the the problem? Why do minimum requirements talk about a 4 GB of RAM requirement?

Thanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by Luke1 ().

• Luke1 wrote:

I have a PC with 8 GB RAM where the game runs extremely slowly, to the point of unplayability (not just the game, tho whole computer runs jerkily and slowly while the game is running). No other program is clogging the ram. I have another PC with 16 GB of RAM where the game runs normally. Video cards have the same memory on both PCs and the internet connection is the same. What do you think is the the problem? Why do minimum requirements talk about a 4 GB of RAM requirement?

Thanks
      Hi! Could you attach your DxDiag file here and post your in-game Video settings (ESC -> Game Settings -> Video)?
    • Revaz wrote:

Your graphics card " ASUS R5 230 Series" is quite old, personally I'd recommend getting a new graphics card, if you are unable to purchase new one at the moment, just like Dagother mentioned above, you could disable Shadows and V-sync, also try to reduce game dimensions.
      Your RAM has no issues with the game.

Suggested graphic card that would run the game smoothly?
    • Luke1 wrote:

Revaz wrote:

Your graphics card " ASUS R5 230 Series" is quite old, personally I'd recommend getting a new graphics card, if you are unable to purchase new one at the moment, just like Dagother mentioned above, you could disable Shadows and V-sync, also try to reduce game dimensions.
      Your RAM has no issues with the game.
      Suggested graphic card that would run the game smoothly?
      Just go with modern Nvidia graphics, I am running this game smoothly on my Ryzen 5 GTX 1050. You could go with GTX 1060 or 80.