API Feedback Request

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• API Feedback Request

Hey everyone,

A topic that comes up from time to time is the amount of data accessible to you outside of the game. Be it for guild management support, to track income and progress of members etc. in a more convenient way. To create animated and interactive maps, reward systems integrated to Twitch or tools that enhance your experience working with the market… the list goes on...

We have also seen notable community projects in the past based on the data currently accessible; for example some of the more recent and well received tools being: albiononline2d database or damage meters.

So what would we like from you?

It would be great to gather more consolidated feedback on this, to establish a prioritized list together to forward to the development team. Then we can build a better understanding of what tools and therefore data would be most useful for you.

More specifically please include:
      • An indication on what kind of information you would request
      • What you could imagine using that for (what tools could be built) and
      • If more than one, what the priority of these requests would be for you. (most beneficiary one at the top)
      Please keep in mind that while we cannot guarantee that these API requests will be developed, establishing a prioritized list will make it much easier for us to evaluate these possibilities going forward.

Thanks all!

- Evoque
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601
    • 'FameX' - Fame per X amount of time.

QuickInspect - first click of a red will bring up a much more compact and quickly accessible inspect menu - the one we have is bold and in your face - I'm thinking something more ragdoll and minimal, locked to the screen edges. Consider laying over the character portrait?

Custom Bars - Who doesn't like custom bars? Textures, different shapes, cell padding, heck I'd be happy if you let me design my own spell icon since the asset re-use of the spell icons is quite high.

Custom Conditions - resizing of buffs, buff priorities - who remembers the name of the mod in WoW where when conditions applied it would flash in your face? I want that one and I'd condition for soldier stacks with an audio clip of NBA Hang Time - "HE'S ON FIRE" at 7+ stacks.

- I separate them here because the ones above seem to be relatively easier to implement than the ones below -

'What am I worth' - essentially queries the market or market(s) for whatever items are in your inventory and/or equipped. I would understand if this is a query ran in town, then temp saved as a point-in-time - See TSM via WoW for a list of other market-destroying options to defend yourself from.

'What should I gather/craft' - same idea, mod evaluates your unlocked nodes and based on market prices/volumes and user input, suggests the most profitable resource to gather.

GhostRoutes - overlay of a run a previous person/guildy/alliance member ran in a dungeon so that you can mimic their methods without needing them to be present or draw in paint.

Flick through the curse gaming Wow Addon section. I admit that all of my inspiration is from WoW - but I liked the mods, as did plenty of other players and it should be evident from my recollection that they certainly made an impression on me.

OmniCC, Bagnon, WeakAuras, all of these carry a general idea that I would love to see made available.

OmniCC - how long is 3/5 of my R on a circle that calculates CDR as 1/1-CDR ? IDK.
      Bagnon - because a Halberd doesn't need to take up that much space on screen.
      WeakAuras2 - See NBA Hangtime reference above.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MEATCUP ().

• Wants
      • Location data for killmails: Building a tool for tracking player migration and hot spots would be nice for would be pirates and gatherers alike.
      • Mages killed by Player | Guild | Alliance
      • Official Damage Meters (Tene's tool is amazing though)
      • Loot logs

Needs
      • Market data: Efficient economies need deeper insights.
      BZPD - PULL OVER.
    • slizzard wrote:

Needs

• Market data: Efficient economies need deeper insights.

This.

A way to quickly extract market information and put it in our spreadsheets. It gets really old to update prices of 12 tiers of materials for just a few resourses every day.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Would this information replace the current events in photon? The list will be different depending on if this is meant to supp lement live data events and chat logs or replace it. IMO anything including market data being available outside of game is going to be exploited to your detriment if it's available the same way kb data is.

Most beneficial to me at the moment would be a way to resolve entity ids to player names, cause that would let me fix the loot and damage meters easily. However this is open to abuse, so I would really like some sort of party member entered zone/is in zone event that gives me the players entity id and player name of only people in your party.

For most of the stuff I work on, an api request out of game is too prone to abuse, and a sandbox inside the game to run mods with limited data access would be much safer and preferred. If that's not possible then a data stream of specific allowed events mirrored to a specific port would help, or a way to register to receive those events.

Thanks,
      Tene

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tenebria ().

• Tenebria wrote:

IMO anything including market data being available outside of game is going to be exploited to your detriment if it's available the same way kb data is.
      I see where this is coming from.

You fear that the availability of an API will destroy markets and make every crafted item appear to have zero profit. Right now, the only limiting factor in playing the market is the player's time. Because we don't have time to check every item, it pushes up profitability on items in general. With an API available, those "blind spots" will be closed very quickly.

This is a real risk for the game obviously. But it has to be weighed against the absolute CHORE that everything that has to do with the market is.

Deciding how to best deal with all the gear I looted from PvE or PvP? - Absolute nightmare
      Gank groups that share and split loot? - Absolute nightmare
      Guilds that provide gear and somehow manage the looted gear from the GvG's? - Absolute nightmare
      Simply calculating the price of an item that I want to craft or buy from AH if it's cheaper is an absolute fucking nightmare in this game.

Right now there is a huge entry barrier for new guilds/players to get competitive. A major part of that entry barrier is the sheer administrative burden that comes with managing anything that has to do with the market.
      Lessening the administrative burden will come a long way to enable newer and less organized players/guilds. Especially if the tools are available to the public.
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/82954-Guide-What-order-to-level-items-in-to-get-the-most-specialization-for-your-time/
    • Stravanov wrote:

Tenebria wrote:

IMO anything including market data being available outside of game is going to be exploited to your detriment if it's available the same way kb data is.
      I see where this is coming from.
      You fear that the availability of an API will destroy markets and make every crafted item appear to have zero profit. Right now, the only limiting factor in playing the market is the player's time. Because we don't have time to check every item, it pushes up profitability on items in general. With an API available, those "blind spots" will be closed very quickly.

This is a real risk for the game obviously. But it has to be weighed against the absolute CHORE that everything that has to do with the market is.

Deciding how to best deal with all the gear I looted from PvE or PvP? - Absolute nightmare
      Guilds that provide gear and somehow manage the looted gear from the GvG's? - Absolute nightmare
      Simply calculating the price of an item that I want to craft or buy from AH if it's cheaper is an absolute fucking nightmare in this game.

Right now there is a huge entry barrier for new guilds/players to get competitive. A major part of that entry barrier is the sheer administrative burden that comes with managing anything that has to do with the market.
      Lessening the administrative burden will come a long way to enable newer and less organized players/guilds. Especially if the tools are available to the public.
      Nah, I'm more worried about remote accessing the data. Things like alerting me someone is about to run a mammoth/ox (large material buy made in royal city of that cities type) Constantly scanning the black market/market for opportunities as they pop. Notifications to me to log into a market alt the second a good deal is posted. Undercut notifications. Right now I'm limited by having to be at the market to find money and having to check items individually, let me automate that and dear god. I promise, it'd wont be a tool that people write and publicly share. Oooh, and tools that post things to discord, sooo many potentially abusive discord bots :)
    • Awesome! I'm so happy you guys are thinking about this. This is something EvE had that is just absolutely amazing. Here's my suggestions

Easiest Ones (Static Data API)

- Items
      - crafting cost
      - recipe
      - base focus cost
      Currently we get this either scraped or what not, and it's not 100% reliable, would be really nice if you guys had something that could give us the basic info. I figure this isn't very difficult.

- Guild Related
      - Members
      - Online Count
      - Other Guild stats (fame/ etc)

- Rankings
      - Just export the rankings we have in game already, week fame, week territory, daily fame. etc.

More complicated APIs, that would open up a lot of awesome third party tools

- Guild management
      - See donations

- Chest Management
      - Ability to see history log of chest / guild tabs
      - Territory chests as well

- Market Data
      - Black Market Data

I think most of these are pretty straightforward (read-only access) and would make it really useful for developers. Other nice things would be more similar to what Eve has, where you can give an account API key for read access on the account with a subset of info to give out
      - Character Names
      - Character guild
      - Character money
      - Character Fame
      - Specifically fame for each node in the fame tree
    • Tenebria wrote:

Stravanov wrote:

Tenebria wrote:

I see where this is coming from.You fear that the availability of an API will destroy markets and make every crafted item appear to have zero profit. Right now, the only limiting factor in playing the market is the player's time. Because we don't have time to check every item, it pushes up profitability on items in general. With an API available, those "blind spots" will be closed very quickly.

Nah, I'm more worried about remote accessing the data. Things like alerting me someone is about to run a mammoth/ox (large material buy made in royal city of that cities type) Constantly scanning the black market/market for opportunities as they pop. Notifications to me to log into a market alt the second a good deal is posted. Undercut notifications. Right now I'm limited by having to be at the market to find money and having to check items individually, let me automate that and dear god. I promise, it'd wont be a tool that people write and publicly share. Oooh, and tools that post things to discord, sooo many potentially abusive discord bots :)
      This can be overcome pretty simple by putting a delay on the information. Like maybe the info available through the API is one hour old.

The game desperately needs a way to get updated prices for groups of items. It doesn't have to be exact prices at this very second, though. For every practical use other than your "instant information"-stuff, it's enough to get a rough estimate of the price.

Hell, I'd be happy even if the information I could extract was 24 hours old. I think the same applies to most practical uses of market information. At least to the group/guild aspects that I posted.
    • First of all if you want Community projects like damage Meter, Data Client,don't make our live harder by changing Events or changing/dropping frields...otherwise People capeable of developing stuff will have already stopped in frustration...

Regarding API

Information about the Cluster, playercount (if not black) owner of plots (guild) upcoming gvg,etc. -> to build something like EVE Sov.Map

Killboard API if the Killboard is not improved in the Future, with searchable historic Data etc.

I Miss the Feature to count my assets wherever they are, but I thing regular UI should get this first...
    • From a guild management perspective, being able to query the following would be helpful:
      -Gathering, PvE, PvP Fame by player for time period
      -Season points generated by player
      -Crystal GvG stats by player

Much of this data is helpfully included in the guild stats section, and can be copied/pasted out, so that's a nice interim solution.

From a generalized perspective, obviously market data would be very powerful.
    • I would like to see every and all possible information of your guild, list of current members, last login, scheduled gvg's, territories owned, logs etc.
      Dream scenario would be able to access info of any and all chests, contents, logs, location etc.

About a market API, i think crafting doesn't have much "skill" involved currently just need the right level. Adding an API that allows people to pull prices from all items would make it way too easy to automate crafting as your computer will just tell you what craft gives the most profit destroying most profit margins as everyone can check the price of every item versus it's crafting costs in an instant. Same with adding an API to the black market.

Even official documentation about the current killboard api would be great to have as starting point.
    • Ok, spent some time on this here's the data I would like to use for a new version of my overlay. I don't care how I get it, be it from sniffing, chat logs or api. I know most of this is currently available, but would like it to stay that way

Party Information (used for dps meter and potential world of logging style app)
      Player information including name on party members
      CombatData in range for party members
      Equipment and IP of part members
      Location of party members
      Party member loot events
      Party member health change events

Asset Information (used for item finder for player, also used for account silver evaluations)
      Contents/Chests owned by the player
      Contents of warcamp banks and battlevaults for that player

Market Data (Only while at the market, many uses)
      Please see the wow addon api for how they handle this

Black Market Data (Only while at the black market)
      Same as above

Guild
      Player logon/off
      Current player count
      web API access would be fine for all the detailed fame breakdowns per week, silver per week etc
      Guild silver account log

Chests

Access to chest logs to reformat export and display
      Chest contents for export and parsing

Personal Data
      Self player entity ids and name and equipment
      Silver log
      Fame gains
      Market purchase and sell log

Combat Data
      Buff gains and drops, debuff gains and drops

Additional
      Ability to overlay nameplates
      Ability to move and resize ui elements

Loot

Drop locations and rates

Crafting
      Crafting quality log

Reroll Quality

reroll events and costs

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tenebria ().

• Api wish list:
      • Sensitive data should be locked behind an access key and require appropriate permissions in game.
      • Access keys should be creatable and revokable so that they can be shared safely.
      • Guild roster
        • Members and their roles
        • Last login/logout
      • Character lookup
        • Guild history
        • Character Stats
        • Destiny board skill levels
      • Killboard
        • Kill locations
        • Remove 10k cap on player stats api
      • Assets/containers
        • Banks/camps and their contents
        • List of containers you have access to
        • Container content by container
        • Container logs by container.
        • Limit container information by existing permission system
      • Documentation

• Tenebria wrote:

Market Data (Only while at the market, many uses)
      Please see the wow addon api for how they handle this

Black Market Data (Only while at the black market)
      Same as above
      I expect that the cries of the proletariat will eventually bring about market API of some kind. This is the least miserable of those options.

My understanding is that this essentially already exists since they can scrape the feed to the client, but I don't know the details. Which is actually a good reason to make it this way so that EVERYONE can have access to the tools that only a few have access to now.

The more sophisticated that systems get, up to a point, the more the least sophisticated users are taken advantage of by the most sophisticated users. For a game about running around with swords and stabbing people you don't like, the least sophisticated system that accomplishes the desired goal should be used. Which is more or less what we have already.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper
    • Hey guys,

Follow up to this, thank you for creating these lists and sharing your feedback on each point.

I have been working through them and creating consolidated lists to forward to the team.

Main areas of interest:
      • Guild Management
        • (Guild Donations, Permissions, etc.)
      • Asset / Container
        • (Container logs, remote asset view etc.)
      • Auth/ Account API Key
        • (Names, Guild, Fame, Locations, Track progress, Season Points etc.)
      • Add-ons
        • (Quick Inspects, Improved Damage meters etc.)
      • Static API Data
        • (Recipes, Items, Rankings, etc.)
      • Market Data
        • (AH/BH, prices for items, crafting info, etc.)
      • Additional
        • Improved season rankings/personal season rankings (incl. mage kills)
        • Killboard improvements
      Essentially after further discussion with the developers, we can combine several requests and split them into separate projects; they are as follows:
      • Official Client Side API - makes on-screen information available in machine-readable form (e.g. damage dealt, spells use, loot, basically everything in the combat log...) this creates more reliable accessibility to data for creating damage meters, kill tracking and so forth. Not any particularly new information but this would create a more reliable source for community projects.
      • Backend-API - allows to query player/guild information, requires Auth mechanism and access control. ( e.g. start with guild members, player stats, rankings...) this creates more reliable accessibility to data for creating advanced guild management tools. Of course that being said, some information may need to be delayed as discussed.
      • Static Data API - Allows access to static game data ( e.g. items, icons, recipes etc...)
      It's also important here to note that some of the suggestions (specifically those in 'additional'), would be much more beneficial if implemented directly into the game first. E.g. Personal mage kill/season point tracking and ranking. Therefore I have forwarded them to the developers as feature suggestions as well.

So a few further questions to you:
      • Which of the above API options do you consider to be a higher priority for you, official client side API, backend-API or Static Data API? (again, if multiple most beneficial at the top)
      • Lastly, and something we would really like you to expand on, how would you use access to such information? (Particular tool you would like to create, how would that look...)
      • Does this seem like an accurate evaluation of your feedback here? Let me know if I am missing any major point.
      Please keep in mind that we cannot promise development of official APIs at this stage. We are currently only collecting feedback to see in which ways this would be valuable to the community.

Hope this all makes sense, thank you for your time and feedback.

- Evoque
      AlbionOnline | @EJevoque | Evoque#9601