Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 61.

• I sold a 12000k item for 12000. It caused me enough frustration to stop playing the game again. To be fair it is only the catalyst, the spark that lit the fire. I won't bother listing my other frustrations with this game, but the devs need some drastic improvements to the way they do things if they want the legions of inactive/quit players to come back.

• Anti-Griefing Idea

Gundolf - - Feedback & Suggestions

If you want to drive a ferrari while wearing the beggar's clothes that is not relevant to this topic. The problem is not pvp, the problem is "risk and reward". People who can easily afford t6 sets are opting to wear 4.1 because of high spec. This is toxic and gives their opponents worthless junk when they die. I am guilty of doing exactly this when hellgating or soloing rhinos, but it just doesn't make sense for me to wear T6. Buying 10 sets of t4.1 is the more attractive option when I'm in a hi…

• Anti-Griefing Idea

Problem: T4.1 high-spec griefers/trolls/gankers are a detriment to the game. They risk NOTHING and dying is just a minor inconvenience to them. I'm pretty sure this kind of gear is for helping new players, not for experienced/rich players to abuse. Solution: Introduce specialization/mastery softcaps on gear. T4: Everything above 35 spec bonus is reduced by 80% T5: Everything above 70 spec bonus is reduced by 80% T6: No cap. (The numbers are just something I made up, they can be adjusted)

• PvE Inequality

Gundolf - - Overpowered/Underpowered Items

DPS builds, namely cloth, have an enormous advantage when it comes to PVE fame. CC builds like tanks are completely dependent on other people to get any fame at all. The typical fame group requires only 1-2 tanks max, any extra tanks just become useless scrapmetal leeching everyone's fame and zergbuffing the mobs. Solution: Close the PvE fame gap by giving plate and leather a new passive that increases damage vs mobs, while simultaneously increases damage taken from mobs. TLDR: Tanks are incredi…

• youtube.com/watch?v=6T6WlMCmDJI Wait, this one's better: youtube.com/watch?v=1nhKANLW_ws

• None of those things would be an issue if the game didn't have fundamental problems. Everything is watered down and over-simplified so it can run on tablets/mobile, that is the real problem. This makes the game boring compared to dedicated PC games, and unable to compete. While at the same time, it is a huge disadvantage to pvp without mouse/keyboard. The only good example of cross-platform success I can think of is Hearthstone, and it is a card game that requires no precision/speed in terms of …

• Solution: Blue Gates: Knockdown 5v5 (super low rewards) Yellow Gates: Full Loot Softcap 6.1 Red Gates: Linked with Black no cap @Gank Without a tutorial hellgate, you will have even less players in the long run. What you are proposing is going back to the old hazing ritual where newcomers have to fight enemies 3 tiers above them. Most people will simply find something else to do.

• A power capped HG would take away the advantage of P2W and No-Lifers™. There will be resistance... However.... at this point... the hardcorers would prefer this to empty hellgates. Maybe put a power cap on the redzone HGs? Or get rid of the 2v2 ones, and make yellows lethal.

• Albion doesn't have to compete with itself, it has to compete with other MMOs, games, hobbies, entertainment.

• Speed up the Game

Just some rough ideas: Tangible Endgame The alliance that controls all portal-exits and cities for X days wins the game, and server wipes. They are rewarded with hall of fame and cosmetics in new session. Easy to Progress Drastically increased progression speed, make it VERY easy to reach competitive levels of fame and wealth. Easy to Lose Make the game more hardcore, exciting, and consequential with things like: -mob-execution -fame loss on death -make silver/gold into physical items that can b…

• Weapon Viability

Wishlist: -buff weapons that nobody plays and are obviously not viable -make it so artifact weapons enable a different playstyle, instead of being blatantly superior to non-artifact spells, the bonus +100 +200 item power are already enough of an advantage example: there is no reason to play dual swords if you can afford clarent/sarcophagus -melee non-channeling spells for "ranged" weapons, but with mana cost scaled for plate/leather use, example: melee healer, melee fire, melee frost -ranged var…

• I was riding through a nice savanna today, when I was attacked by an alliance of tigers and giant dodos. Why are tigers and dodos allied against humans?!! Idea: Make the proper NPCs and Monsters hostile to each other. Other games already have this: like Skyrim and many MMOs. youtu.be/IraDEYg6bFo?t=26 Additional idea: have solo predators be neutral by default, but hostile in packs.

• Competitive Expeditions

There are so many things wrong with open world pvp right now, like the off-screen nametags that make it very easy for people to find you. The simplicity of the combat system doesn't do good things either. There just isn't enough ways for outgeared and outnumbered people to "outplay" the enemy. It just results in the disadvantaged group running away.

Flagging up is punished too harshly right now it is widening the pvp skill gap. Everything needs to be pvp, or people will never be comfortable enough to actually fight pks.

Yes it's a "carebear training hellgate". Closing the resource gap between hardcore and casuals is not enough, you need to close the skill gap too. Putting merchants/craftsmen/gatherers in armor doesn't make them soldiers, it makes them walking loot-bags. YQyzjDh.jpg

Once you have figured out how all the mobs behave, expeditions can become boring. The only source of amusement is from noobs and trolls who pull extra mobs. I propose that expeditions be made a competition between two teams. Ideas: -Race to the boss and see who can kill it for the big payoff. -A repair station before the boss (when someone's gear is destroyed waiting for a replacement player can take very long). -PvP where knocked-down players are kicked from the instance. -Free equipment repair…

• The reason I still do expeditions (other than daily bonus), is the consistency during peak hours. World dungeons often have swarms show up to ruin your day. This is a great idea as it would increase the capacity of the dungeons, but at the risk of reducing player interaction. The downside can be mitigated by disabling "escape dungeon" button at the lower levels, so people have to take the stairs and bump into each other.

• So... less mechanical skill, and more about group composition and equipment tier sooo a few guild and squad leaders will get to play RTS, while on an individual level it would be boring people with more LP alts can more easily adapt to changes in tactics/gear 2f7.jpg

• Make Losing Fun

What killed hardcore games? People hate losing, they don't log on day after day so they can feel inferior. Unlike real-life, they aren't forced to stay either. League of legends even has a surrender button at 20min. Short-session games like MOBAs and FPS don't have to worry so much. Long games on the other hand suffer grievously from the loser-exodus. I don't know how many people here played Europa Universalis IV multiplayer, but not even the deterrent of a perma-ban prevents some people from le…

• youtube.com/watch?v=afnJbdT4t5g